Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1326587)   #26
nkh
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
nkh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejester
Mark Webber was disappointing again - several mistakes. Mind you Heidfeld couldn't pass Felipe in his williams either.
If Heidfelds engine overheated because he spend too much time right behind Massa, then Williams might have asked Webber to keep more distance so it wouldn't happen to him too.

Slightly related.. How did Massa get past Webber? I thought Webber got infront at the pitstop?
Old 12 Jun 2005, 19:52 (Ref:1326622)   #27
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well done Kimi - to finish first first you have to finish.

Despite Jenson's best efforts to screw McLaren and hand Michael the race on a plate
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:14 (Ref:1326677)   #28
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
Yes I did and I agree with you, however that is why I decided to get Speed TV which if I am going to watch F1 in the USA is a must have item.
That's the reason I got Direct TV...speed tv. The Speedvision F1 coverage is excellent. They do a great job.
Old 12 Jun 2005, 20:41 (Ref:1326714)   #29
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcp2685
That's the reason I got Direct TV...speed tv. The Speedvision F1 coverage is excellent. They do a great job.

I am glad to hear that you have a dish, anyway back to Speedvision coverage for Indy thank god, unfortunatly CBS will broadcast the German Grand Prix
Old 12 Jun 2005, 21:26 (Ref:1326757)   #30
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Curiously the top 4 was identical to that at Belgium last year - another chaotic race.That had everything apart from actual racing, didn't it? It was almost painful to watch a succession of contenders taken out in ridiculous circumstances, and certainly painful to see the results open up for drivers who didn't deserve anything. Rubens doing nothing of note and somehow getting on the podium. Klien outqualified by a Mianrdi, does some unbelievable blocking, and still gets a point. Webber stuffs up qualifying and stuffs up at least one attmepted overtaking move and gets 4 points. And GCF and JPM are unlucky again - typical.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 03:52 (Ref:1326973)   #31
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelaos
Are you kidding? I mean, Kimi was extremely lucky today, he was gifted with two places (Alonso and Fisi), but for god's sake, RB was ONLY lucky. He ran a totally mediocre race and was lucky enough to be 3rd. This guy would better not be in the points at all! A Minardi deserve these points more than RB. MS, good race, a bit of luck of course, but good race. He deserved a good result.
I really don't understand your problem with Rubens performance today.

You've mentioned in all of your post's today how "lucky" he was. Just how the hell do you get from the pits to the podium on just luck? Yes, there was some attrition, and yes, there was a safety car, but he still got on the podium from the pits! And if he ran a "totally mediocre" race today, than what kind of race did the guys behind him have? And why in the world would a Minardi deserve more points than Rubens?

Please enlighten me...

Danica Patrick
Old 13 Jun 2005, 05:27 (Ref:1327024)   #32
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
After Round 8

BAR=0pts
Button=0pts
Sato=0pts
Old 13 Jun 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1327170)   #33
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP, first of all, I was surely exagerating, so sorry for that. This said though, I think it was extremely lucky for RB scoring these points. Not only did many of his rivals retire, but he also gained places because of the sc. I think his race was ok but nothing more than that. He drove well enough to marginally get into the points, which would be logical anyway with a relatively competitive car (compared to Jordans, Minardis etc), but he won 2 places because of the sc and saw Montoya, Alonso, Trulli, Heidfeld, Fisico, Button, Sato etc all retiring in front of him. So, ok, his race was ok, but he would be like 10th, not 3rd if not for all this luck.

Luck of course is always an aspect of racing (Kimi was lucky too), but that was a bit more than usual. It's not something to accuse him of, of course, good for him, I just don't understand all the hype about his amazing performance. That's exactly what happened at Hockenheim when he won and Hakkinen finished 2nd. The sc came out twice and there's no way RB would have won without this, so it'd be more fair to say "nice race, full of surprises" than "wow, what did this guy do!". Just my opinion, but do you think what I say is so unfair?
Old 13 Jun 2005, 11:22 (Ref:1327250)   #34
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Ive come to the conclusion that Button has a big Schumacher complex.
I forget how many times now Schu has pressured Button into a mistake, or passed him easily.
I think the first was Spa 2000, when Button was ahead of MS, then MS outbraked Button into the bus stop, Button put up no defense.
And again at Indy in 2003.
There maybe more that I can't think of.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1327258)   #35
dcp2685
Veteran

dcp2685 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
I forget how many times now Schu has pressured Button into a mistake, or passed him easily.
I think the first was Spa 2000, when Button was ahead of MS, then MS outbraked Button into the bus stop, Button put up no defense.
Imola this year.
Old 13 Jun 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1327271)   #36
hando
Rookie

Australia
At my desk copping head....
hando should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkh
If Heidfelds engine overheated because he spend too much time right behind Massa, then Williams might have asked Webber to keep more distance so it wouldn't happen to him too.

Slightly related.. How did Massa get past Webber? I thought Webber got infront at the pitstop?
Good point!! Webber was ahead of both Massa and Barrichello when the were on the pace car about lpa 49. Barrichello seem to leapfrog them both. Aust coverage didn't make anything of it.

Anyone know?????

Well done to Kimi by the way. Getting the job done again. Awsome effort.

Well done to Ruebens also for putting himself on the podium after starting form pit lane
Old 13 Jun 2005, 17:29 (Ref:1327508)   #37
maximus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Yorkshire
maximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmaximus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
3 incidents. And lets face it, at Indy in 2003 the BAR had now answers for the Ferrari anyway, Button could do nothing about it. You forget the way he resisted the pressure from MS for 10 laps in Imola last year.