Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 25 May 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1618950)   #26
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari are finished, it is all over.

To be honest, I expect them to have a difficult weekend (relatively speaking) as Michelin are top dogs round Monaco.....and don't point me to Wurz, please...
Old 25 May 2006, 20:15 (Ref:1618955)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I still reckon Michael may well wind his way to 3rd by the end of the race (although not necessarily a competitive 3rd).
Old 25 May 2006, 20:17 (Ref:1618960)   #28
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's my view too.

It depends how competitive McLaren are really.....can they jump the red cars this weekend? Both drivers are former winners round the principality and JPM looked on it today.

Of course, with the Friday of zero activity, the track could be a totally different proposition on Saturday and it could be turned on its head!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 25 May 2006 at 20:26.
Old 25 May 2006, 20:23 (Ref:1618965)   #29
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Of course, with the Friday of zero activity, the track could be a totally different propposition on Saturday and it could be turned on its head!
My fingers hurt, and my knuckles are very white, from holding on super-tight for the last 7 1/3 hours.

God knows what they will be like come Saturday.
Old 25 May 2006, 20:26 (Ref:1618969)   #30
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Gangrenous?
Old 25 May 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1618993)   #31
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
Or is it all a smoke and mirrors game?
Let us assume it is. What is to be gained from this after Thurday practice? Are the other teams going to cancel the debreifs, sit back and relax because they think Ferrari are beat? Nah, they are all pushing ahead with their independent programmes at the moment.

It might effect the amount of fuel in Q if they think Ferrari is nowhere, I guess. However this is quite unlikely. They will mostly be playing their own game. Considering (all) other's pace on the running that has happened - not the comments made.

Michael is just saying it how he sees it I beleive. As he has done many times before.

Of course it could all be part of the great Moon Landing Conspiracy? Do cars actually race at Monaco? Where is the proof?
Old 25 May 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1618998)   #32
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
There is nothing to be gained by sand-bagging imho. All it does is mean you don't know where you really are, which, really, is not very useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
Of course it could all be part of the great Moon Landing Conspiracy? Do cars actually race at Monaco? Where is the proof?
You'd need to ask the 4th-dimensional, reptilian aliens (who happen to control the human part of the Illuminati via mind control) about that one.
Old 25 May 2006, 21:01 (Ref:1618999)   #33
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

You have to attack all the time.....to know where the car and the track lies....
Old 25 May 2006, 21:08 (Ref:1619008)   #34
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
That is pretty much my thinking, and ESPECIALLY at Monaco. If there is one place you don't play silly sods it is at Monaco, all you will do is suck more than you may otherwise do.

I think the evidence of that is in the amount of running everyone did, when compared to "normal" weekends.
Old 25 May 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1619010)   #35
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Toro Rosso 16th and 23rd......what are they doing with that three second per lap advantage?
Old 25 May 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1619025)   #36
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Well, come on, that is a different situation.

When you know you are going to have that big a lead, well, there is no need to push in practice.
Old 25 May 2006, 21:24 (Ref:1619030)   #37
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Ah yes, avoiding the 24 hour rule change trap.
Old 25 May 2006, 21:53 (Ref:1619050)   #38
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I am hoping that they will try some tyre options on Saturday that they haven't yet, and will discover something important. I don't have a clue what may be the issues, though.

At least they have an extra day to look at the info: what are the bets they do some testing at Fiorano on Friday?
And if anyone can take advantage of that extra day, it's Ferrari. I look for them to be back near the top by the time qualy comes.

PS .... is there a reason that they start practice on Thursday at Monaco, then skip a day?
Old 25 May 2006, 22:43 (Ref:1619081)   #39
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
It is because of some sort of public holiday on Friday, I believe, IIRC. Cannot remember what it is though.
Old 26 May 2006, 08:20 (Ref:1619281)   #40
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Don't they have a grand prix gala event of some sort on the Friday?
Old 26 May 2006, 09:06 (Ref:1619312)   #41
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought it was so the locals could have some "normality" in the weekend. ie not close the entire place for 3 days running. Do they reopen the track / normal roads on the Friday?
Old 26 May 2006, 09:33 (Ref:1619325)   #42
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone else but me a bit surprised Davidson's left front wheel came off the car that easily? Must have hit "just right" for the tethers to give way, seeing as the impact was quite mild compared to some other crashes where the tethers have held up.
Old 26 May 2006, 10:58 (Ref:1619377)   #43
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan
Anyone else but me a bit surprised Davidson's left front wheel came off the car that easily? Must have hit "just right" for the tethers to give way, seeing as the impact was quite mild compared to some other crashes where the tethers have held up.
I assume that the tether did its job and took a lot of energy out of the wheel,despite the fact that ultimately it became untethered.
Old 26 May 2006, 12:47 (Ref:1619447)   #44
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by elspethhardie
I thought it was so the locals could have some "normality" in the weekend. ie not close the entire place for 3 days running. Do they reopen the track / normal roads on the Friday?
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69214
Well according to this thread from last year they have practice for the support races on Friday.

It seems Hamilton has taken pole this morning.

Last edited by Adam43; 26 May 2006 at 12:49.
Old 26 May 2006, 14:26 (Ref:1619521)   #45
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I was thinking that, too. The Porsche Supercup guys have been on track as well. I think it's just a Monaco tradition. It is the only GP that is still allowed to 'deviate' from the standard timetable. Last time I was there, Friday was just as busy as the other days, just no F1.
Old 27 May 2006, 09:42 (Ref:1620050)   #46
pforrester
Racer

England
Leek, Staffs
pforrester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching the morning practice times, it seems Red Bull might have some pace this weekend. Coulthard especially (with his experience, having won at Monaco before etc) might just spring a surprise.
Old 27 May 2006, 09:57 (Ref:1620059)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by pforrester
Watching the morning practice times, it seems Red Bull might have some pace this weekend. Coulthard especially (with his experience, having won at Monaco before etc) might just spring a surprise.
It was a surprise to me when DC got stuck behind a much slower car for more than half the race at Monaco a couple of years ago
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 May 2006, 10:24 (Ref:1620072)   #48
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's going on with the Toyotas this morning? They're battling the Aguris for last place honours?!
Old 27 May 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1620078)   #49
pforrester
Racer

England
Leek, Staffs
pforrester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew I should have entered my Yaris:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83290
(see post 9)
Old 27 May 2006, 11:46 (Ref:1620124)   #50
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Toyota's with the Aguri's....new low for them this weekend?