Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 3 Aug 2006, 21:37 (Ref:1672596)   #26
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Down F0rce
Maybe he really is unable to race though?
The ultimate JV conspiracy theory!
Old 3 Aug 2006, 21:44 (Ref:1672604)   #27
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesn't JV have a contract to race???? If so, then he legitimately has a headache. This is a good time to try out and break in Kubica wouldn't you think? After all, everyone is on the same "team". It's a good time for a break for Jacques cuz it was a pretty hard crash (at least I thought it was). It's also a good time to bring on some new Pollock fans into the genepool of F1. BMW may sell more beemers in Poland. Isn't this what F1 is all about...selling cars??
Old 3 Aug 2006, 23:20 (Ref:1672676)   #28
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No one is disputing that F1 Pete. It is the afterthought that MT threw in about who will be in the seat after Hungary and in 2007. Perhaps MT was just anticipating the inevitable questions in that regard, before they were asked... but more likely it is that in his eyes, Kubica only need to be adequte to continue in that seat. Again, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 3 Aug 2006, 23:36 (Ref:1672690)   #29
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Lets look at this from another angle, shall we. The fact of the matter is that JV has been consistently let down by his team in team stategy far too often this year. It is inexcusable to send JV out with a replacement nose cone with different specs than what he had started the race with. In fact his shunt could have been very serious considering the speed at which he was going at the time. Now the team meeting is held the day after. Jacques is hurting, and the team has no explanation how such a blunder could occur at the top level of motor racing.
Perhaps at that point JV finally broke his self-induced silence and told MT and the team just how inept thay have been. I know it were me, I would not remain silent, when my life was virtually put in jeopardy by incompetence. How ironic it would be if that that same incompetence literally ends his F1 career!
Old 4 Aug 2006, 00:44 (Ref:1672717)   #30
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never really liked Flanders & it wouldn't surprise me if it's true. It's a shame I think he has driven the better this year then he has for a long time & much better then his team mate which is good I'd prefer to see him go out driving well then after a poor year but to be cut early isn't the way to go out.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 03:04 (Ref:1672752)   #31
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So now time for me - Kubica's supporter

I would like to write what I have already written in one of the thread: I think that currently best drvers in BMW are JV and RK. I like JV and feel sorry for him. I remember the time when he terminated with BAR - He did not deserve that. And now he doesn't deserve to terminate as well.
But the F1 is huge machine with big, big amount of money around and wherever you can find such money you find a politic as well.
Yes, Polish economy is booming, a few days ago RK was promoting Z4 in Warsaw.
So I say either JV and RK desreve to be Sat/Sun F1 driver, but there are no seats for both.
Why MT doesn't want him? I think the same reason why for example Super Aguri keep Japanese drivers - the aswer is politic.
But also I think that the unluck of JV is called Kubica, he is too good to not be examined in race.

I do understand why some of you are "not happy", but don't blame RK as that is unfair - he doesn't pay to drive, like some drivers at back of stake.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 03:48 (Ref:1672757)   #32
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not happy about JV's "presumed" departure. No one blames RK at all (I wouldn't think so). The truth is yet to be told so I will just wait and see...
Old 4 Aug 2006, 04:22 (Ref:1672766)   #33
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see where any one has blamed RK, just ignore those voices in your head no one else can hear them.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 05:39 (Ref:1672790)   #34
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well.

At the end of the day, he won the last indy 500 in 1995, the CART championship, the F1 championship and a bunch of GP's and he made a large sum of money that will allow him to belt out songs and relax on the beach. He's done alright I'd say.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 06:09 (Ref:1672805)   #35
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
It seems to me that the reason being put forth for JV missing Hungary will be genuine, but the possibilities of what will happen as a result of him missing it are far from clear.

The well established comment by MT about uncertainty over the future leapt off the page at me the first time I saw it.

I wouldn't be surprised at all, in a way kind of expecting, to see a departure in a similar vein to Nick from Williams. I would think Mario has been looking for a reason to get rid of Jacques since the beginning, although the first half of the season may have put such thoughts to the back-burner for a while. This is, of course, pure speculation on my part, but it is certainly clear that MT has never really had a great deal of love for JV.

If I was put on the spot, and not allowed to sit on the fence, which I would probably do otherwise, then I would side with us not seeing JV again this year (or ever in F1 again, unless he would be willing to take a truly crap drive).

I don't think there is much in it, but I don't see many positive vibes.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 06:32 (Ref:1672822)   #36
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
In a word ...

NASCAR
Old 4 Aug 2006, 06:39 (Ref:1672823)   #37
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'm not sure why, but I am not convinced Jacques and NASCAR would work.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 07:02 (Ref:1672830)   #38
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard a rumour today he'll be in a V8 super car next year driving for the Blue oval.
Cmon down JV, the beers are in the fridge and the prawns are on the barbie.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1672901)   #39
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Jones
I heard a rumour today he'll be in a V8 super car next year driving for the Blue oval.
Cmon down JV, the beers are in the fridge and the prawns are on the barbie.
Ok, now THAT's hilarious!

I can't see him moving to Australia, as much as it would be interesting to see. I don't think we rate that high to get ex-F1 guys straight from F1. Maybe in 5 years or 10 years (ala Alan Jones - but he was Aussie).
Old 4 Aug 2006, 08:56 (Ref:1672932)   #40
safc_fan89
Veteran

safc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridsafc_fan89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I think JV has been treated a bit harshly by being dropped, I don't think all the fuss is warranted. I prefer to see young drivers in competitive cars rather than 'old-timers' such as JV, DC and Trulli, for example, whose chances of winning anything are long gone. BMW didn't really want Jacques in any case, so I suppose the move is inevitable. I can't see any other team taking on JV for 2007, so it looks like F1 has seen the last of him.

Like Montoya, everyone says he will be seriously missed, but the reality is that Montoya is not missed at all. JV probably won't be either.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 10:11 (Ref:1672972)   #41
Korr
Racer

Korr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All I can say for certain is that 10 years from now, people on internet forums will still be wondering if JV will be back in F1.

The man is a tooth that never stops aching.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 10:16 (Ref:1672975)   #42
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickoGP
Ok, now THAT's hilarious!

I can't see him moving to Australia, as much as it would be interesting to see. .

After Bononi's plea to not wallow in badvibes , I was stumped thinking how do I inject some good vibes. On the Bononi front, have you grown long hair and started listening to the Ozark Mountain Daredevils Willer ?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 10:35 (Ref:1672987)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what has this all got to do with Jos Verstappen?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 4 Aug 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1672997)   #44
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
ASC11 Man must be spinning in his grave.........
Old 4 Aug 2006, 11:25 (Ref:1673017)   #45
mjstallard
Veteran

England
London
mjstallard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go on Ron, give JV a go on one of your silver steeds later this season when you get a bit bored of Pedro!
Old 4 Aug 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1673036)   #46
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Hello QuickSilver, we had not heard from you for ages!
Hello back Louis - I missed you, you crazy French Canadian. I've been on sabbatical ... traveling and spending quality time on Vancouver Island. 6 months just flew by and now I'm (reluctantly) back at work.

I can't explain why, but I've somewhat lost interest in F1 this year and when this latest JV saga started I just re-confirmed to me that F1 is more about politics and marketing than it is about racing. Sad really.

And while F1 may have seen is heyday, it's ALWAYS good to read one of your rabid pro-JV rants. Salut mon ami.
-
Old 4 Aug 2006, 12:08 (Ref:1673050)   #47
QuickSilver
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
It is inexcusable to send JV out with a replacement nose cone with different specs than what he had started the race with.
Hey Kirk,
Interesting theory. Just for my own peace of mind, is the different spec nose cone story speculation or did you read that somewhere? I haven't heard anything about a different spec nose cone going on the car or contributing to the accident, so I'm just trying to understand. Thanks.
-
Old 4 Aug 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1673055)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just heard on TV that it's over for JV... but it's just a commentary based on rumours.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1673067)   #49
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by koper
So now time for me - Kubica's supporter

I would like to write what I have already written in one of the thread: I think that currently best drvers in BMW are JV and RK. I like JV and feel sorry for him. I remember the time when he terminated with BAR - He did not deserve that. And now he doesn't deserve to terminate as well.
But the F1 is huge machine with big, big amount of money around and wherever you can find such money you find a politic as well.
Yes, Polish economy is booming, a few days ago RK was promoting Z4 in Warsaw.
So I say either JV and RK desreve to be Sat/Sun F1 driver, but there are no seats for both.
Why MT doesn't want him? I think the same reason why for example Super Aguri keep Japanese drivers - the aswer is politic.
But also I think that the unluck of JV is called Kubica, he is too good to not be examined in race.

I do understand why some of you are "not happy", but don't blame RK as that is unfair - he doesn't pay to drive, like some drivers at back of stake.
You're absolutely right, many of the seats in Formula 1 today [including the third driver positions] are set politically. In fact when you think about it, a pay driver is in fact a policital imposition on the team, which needs to resort to the driver to fund their efforts. Its not really fair to blame Kubica for the way in which his drive has come about. Michael Schumacher's first race in the Jordan was a pay drive after all.

Kubica may turn out to be good in Formula 1 who knows. What a lot of people forget is that many drivers demonstrate formidable talent in one formula but not another. For example, one driver's skill to master F3 or WSR may not translate to the same level of effectiveness in another class and the corollary is also true. Kubica could be a race revelation in a GP car, who knows.

I respect and like JV immensely and would love that he stayed in Grand Prix motor racing. At the same time, however, he's had ample opportunity to demonstrate what he is capable of... and indeed had major success along the way. We shouldn't therefore mourn his departure to pave the way for some fresh talent to have a chance.
Old 4 Aug 2006, 12:51 (Ref:1673094)   #50
QuickSilver
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy
We shouldn't therefore mourn his departure to pave the way for some fresh talent to have a chance.
If that turns out to be JV's epitaph, it's very well put davyboy. Let's celebrate a career well played and look to the future.
-
Closed Thread