Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Oct 2006, 07:06 (Ref:1749631)   #26
Julio
Racer

United Kingdom
Julio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I mentioned in another thread that I'd heard Fisi is on a performance based contract. If he hasn't got X points by mid season then Piquet gets his drive. I think at the time people were saying "surely Zonta would get the drive ahead of Piquet", but I think this latest news backs it up.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 10:10 (Ref:1749867)   #27
Alienman_69
Rookie

Portugal
PoRtUgAl
Alienman_69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Zonta was signed because of his Bridgestone experience with Toyota. Zonta is not the 3rd driver and he will never be. Besides arent you guys forgetting Briatore manages Piquet's career for the next 10 years? So who you think is of Briatore's interest to drive for Renault? Fisi bed is made, unless he wins 3 or 4 races and makes himself a championship contender, Fisi wont last long at Renault, and that is not even speculation, its common sense. With the new friday rules, having a experienced driver became less important than before, because the rookies now have 3 hours on friday to learn the track and to setup the car.
I wouldnt even be surprised if Piquet started the 2007 season instead of Fisi, I just think that wont happen because Kovalainen is also a rookie. But if Piquet shows enough pace on testing, Im sure Briatore wont have a problem on running 2 rookies next year, after 2 championships won, his on a position to take a gamble next year.
Old 26 Oct 2006, 11:38 (Ref:1749959)   #28
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They have new sponsorship for 2007 though - they won't want to go intoa season with no chance of a title. If Heikki is ahead by mid-season, replacing Fisichella is a possibility, but a few races would be tough when neither knows the circuit. Another point - isn't Italy the fourth-from-last race of next year, with Brazil after that? Maybe Monza would be Fisichella's swansong if the title isn't still alive?
Old 26 Oct 2006, 13:50 (Ref:1750062)   #29
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
That's my bet. Fisi and Rubens are the ones in danger for 2007.
I'd be happy to see those guys go now. As someone mentioned previously, they are 'dead wood'.

Whereas I feel Villenueve wasn't.

Selby