Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 15 Jun 2007, 12:29 (Ref:1937644)   #26
rockdog
Rookie

rockdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, i hope i get offered a drive one day rather than if you pay us this much you can drive.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 13:00 (Ref:1937660)   #27
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamsf1
I was told recently that to do the fujitsu series in a level 1 spec car you will need 1 million to do 1 year....you will not win without a level 1 car, if anyone says you can, they are deluding themselves!
So a Matthew White Racing built BA Falcon at $350,000 for the season is an absolute bargain, considering Marcus Marshall put it on the podium at Winton.
Old 15 Jun 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1937744)   #28
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA
So a Matthew White Racing built BA Falcon at $350,000 for the season is an absolute bargain, considering Marcus Marshall put it on the podium at Winton.
I think that price may include carrying their major SmartSkip signage.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 03:48 (Ref:1938116)   #29
Mr Intolerant
Rookie

Australia
Under your momma's bed!
Mr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMr Intolerant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It also doesn't account for the fact that you have to deal with Matthew White. Not having to do that is worth another $100K or so.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 06:20 (Ref:1938148)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is that the price to the regular punters, or inclusive of the benefit of the contra enduro drives at NLR?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 16 Jun 2007, 13:27 (Ref:1938369)   #31
v8smoker
Racer

Bahrain
tent
v8smoker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So making the podium once at a weekend of changable weather with a large part going down to luck makes MWracing a top Dev series team

I'm sure there is teams charging less but you would be rather keen just looking at the car let alone thinking about getting in an driving it.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 14:51 (Ref:1938496)   #32
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, Marcus drove at Wakefield Park not Winton.
My point was Razor quoted $50,000 for a MWR drive ($350,000 for the season) and WilliamsF1 quoted 1 million for a level 1 drive. So the thinking was, if your a half decent driver you could save yourself $650,000 and still get podiums.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 00:18 (Ref:1939220)   #33
motor.mouth
Rookie

motor.mouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A better question is that with the high costs related to the sport who will pay the bills if it isn't the driver and/ or his sponsor?

I recall being told by a guy who was running mid field in the development series (who owned his own car/ truck etc) that is was costing him better than 27 thou a round.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 00:43 (Ref:1939237)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There is a big difference between grabbing a bunch of mates, a car, and a truck and going racing than paying a pro or semi-pro outfit to keep the show on the road.

As ever, a serious due diligence is required.... but it still usually boils down to the question of how fast you can afford to go?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2007, 07:48 (Ref:1939510)   #35
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
before I am miss quoted, it was 1 million for a "level 1 spec" car capable of winning 2008. i.e. a current BF handmedown with all the fruit.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 08:18 (Ref:1939541)   #36
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
before I am miss quoted, it was 1 million for a "level 1 spec" car capable of winning 2008. i.e. a current BF handmedown with all the fruit.
Thats how I interpreted what you wrote

Its the fruit that generates the speed.... when you deal with some places without access to the fruit, or indeed knowing what the fruit looks like, then you can expect an accompanying variation in speed...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:50 (Ref:1939685)   #37
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
off topic where you wearing a BOC hat walking past the GTP cars monday GTR?
Old 17 Jun 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1939701)   #38
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pffffffft...... all that money, just to drive heavy, under-tyred, understeering behemoths, with little aero or braking performance to speak of?

$20K per meeting in the Stevens F430 sounds more fun to me.....
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 11:36 (Ref:1939768)   #39
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
off topic where you wearing a BOC hat walking past the GTP cars monday GTR?
That could well have been me... hiding from both the rain and the sun at different times during the day
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jun 2007, 13:22 (Ref:1939906)   #40
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dont forget to add a crash contingency...some of those cars out there, particularly the 2006 cars were bought for as much as $500K (adds a dash of reality doesn't it).

So kiddies, with the risk of a very sudden stop that hanging over your head, make sure you ask mum and dad if it's ok to risk the house this weekend.

Raising your round fee of $30K, $50K, even $75K might not be the biggest of your problems.
Old 18 Jun 2007, 00:33 (Ref:1940379)   #41
GtiMagic
Racer

GtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGtiMagic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going off topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Is that the price to the regular punters, or inclusive of the benefit of the contra enduro drives at NLR?
Ummm, Mr GTR, i'd be sure it was in fact NLR before you start calling it so.

My powder room, which has the good stuff, is suggesting that perhaps the NLR brand may be attcahed to a team far further north than the one you all may think...and in blue cars not red.

And I don't think this alleged new acquisition will have any impact on the sign and sealed enduro combinations at this northern based oufit as announced some months ago.

Guess we will find out if M.White was signed at PWR on merit or money since I doubt M.Marshall will himself be there come enduro time.

Time for another few different thread me thinks...
1. Is the No Limit takeover of PWR actually happening?
2. Is there a Qld Ford team in financial strife that is next on Mr.Marshall's radar?
3. Who is actually driving at PWR come endurance time?
4. Will Paul Weel be back in his own saddle?

oh, almost forgot...if any of this actually happened of course
Old 23 Jun 2007, 00:05 (Ref:1944674)   #42
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good stuff @ the powder room ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtiMagic
Ummm, Mr GTR, i'd be sure it was in fact NLR before you start calling it so.

My powder room, which has the good stuff, is suggesting that perhaps the NLR brand may be attcahed to a team far further north than the one you all may think...and in blue cars not red.

And I don't think this alleged new acquisition will have any impact on the sign and sealed enduro combinations at this northern based oufit as announced some months ago.

Guess we will find out if M.White was signed at PWR on merit or money since I doubt M.Marshall will himself be there come enduro time.

Time for another few different thread me thinks...
1. Is the No Limit takeover of PWR actually happening?
2. Is there a Qld Ford team in financial strife that is next on Mr.Marshall's radar?
3. Who is actually driving at PWR come endurance time?
4. Will Paul Weel be back in his own saddle?

oh, almost forgot...if any of this actually happened of course

Does your powder puff run to what issues caused the thumbs down by the No Limits due diligence team?
Old 23 Jun 2007, 01:24 (Ref:1944706)   #43
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Does your powder puff run to what issues caused the thumbs down by the No Limits due diligence team?
"Paperwork" wasnt it, according to the fishwrappers Depends on the kind of "paperwork" that was meant I suppose
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 23 Jun 2007, 09:05 (Ref:1944812)   #44
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the powder puff, not the powder room

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
"Paperwork" wasnt it, according to the fishwrappers Depends on the kind of "paperwork" that was meant I suppose
Gti is the powder puff - it is his/her cred in question !!