Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Jun 2010, 23:13 (Ref:2712887)   #476
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I think Jag will decide VERY soon whether to fish or cut bait. That cannot be good publicity. Regardless of who did what, or why, or not. Better to blow up in 2nd place after 23 hours. Then you are a gallant loser. That was a debacle.

Sadly.

Here's hoping they back it, and make it work, huh?
Old 16 Jun 2010, 01:20 (Ref:2712916)   #477
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
merlot, I certainly couldn't give you an answer, not knowing what sort of crank trigger they are using.

The crank triggers Jag has used on road cars are simple, and there are never any voltage spikes in the ignition system which create problems. They generate an AC voltage signal dependant on engine speed.

The harness is shielded electrically, no drama.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 02:55 (Ref:2712940)   #478
aeroehl
Racer

United States
aeroehl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They need to turn the whole program over to Riley. They have the resources and connections to make the car competitive and sell them to customers. RSR has been the disappointment that we all hoped they would not be.
Old 16 Jun 2010, 11:52 (Ref:2713119)   #479
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that with a good investment in test on track and support of Riley Techonlogies the car can be competitive. The car it's only 6 months old, don't forget.

It's sure that Jaguar will not accept others negative results.
Old 19 Jun 2010, 22:36 (Ref:2714873)   #480
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Intresting to see on the Jaguar career's website that they are searching for a Motorsport program manager..... hopefully whoever gets the job will move program either "in house" or push PG to produce a decent car.......
Old 19 Jun 2010, 22:40 (Ref:2714877)   #481
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I saw this beast in France , absolutly lovely sounding animal , shame its a crok of **** though .
Old 20 Jun 2010, 06:42 (Ref:2714940)   #482
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The car performed as predicted (surprise surprise).

This effort (or lack of) is a joke and a complete disgrace to the Jaguar name.
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:19 (Ref:2715041)   #483
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, the Jaguar sure turned out to be 2010's Lamborghini.........

Does every Le Mans race now need a complete no-hoper?
Old 20 Jun 2010, 12:25 (Ref:2715042)   #484
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Well we don't want too much of that boring ol' reliability... it's much more fun when cars start blowing up or shunting themselves off the black stuff from the first hour.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 15:47 (Ref:2715782)   #485
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, the Jaguar sure turned out to be 2010's Lamborghini.........

Does every Le Mans race now need a complete no-hoper?
Actually, I would give that honor to Autocon. Sorry about that guys.
Old 21 Jun 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2715809)   #486
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Are planned test ???!
Old 21 Jun 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2715813)   #487
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Well we don't want too much of that boring ol' reliability...
Some would argue that it was as reliable as Jags usually are
Old 21 Jun 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2715986)   #488
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would it be unrealisitc to suggest RSR could run a Jaguar engined P2 with the GT2 program going elsewhere?
Old 21 Jun 2010, 22:34 (Ref:2716075)   #489
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
A P2 bought in chassis may work for RSR, but right now they look like they should give the engine and everything else over to someone else.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 08:21 (Ref:2716194)   #490
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
totally agree with that statement my friend....
Old 22 Jun 2010, 17:09 (Ref:2716428)   #491
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree too.

I've said this before, but I think the issue with the engine, whether it's cooling or engine management, have been the major issue all along. I don't think they even know how good or bad the chassis is. I don't think plunking the RSR engine in an LMP2 will do anyone any favors. Let's not forget the tires either....
Old 23 Jun 2010, 13:08 (Ref:2716844)   #492
merlot brougham
Racer

United States
Chapel Hill
merlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmerlot brougham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Let's not forget the tires either....
That's an outstanding point. Because of the lack of pace and lack of pushing the tires they could get the engine and chassis totally sorted and then have to spend another year developing the Yokohamas.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2717295)   #493
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I reckon a P2 effort with a Jag engine is not an impossibility...
Maybe even BOTH sides of the pond.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 09:27 (Ref:2717296)   #494
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by merlot brougham View Post
Some would argue that it was as reliable as Jags usually are

And THAT one line indicates why Jaguar should bring it in house, and throw engineers at it, and make it work. Too much prestige at stake, right now...
Old 24 Jun 2010, 10:43 (Ref:2717331)   #495
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
I reckon a P2 effort with a Jag engine is not an impossibility...
Maybe even BOTH sides of the pond.
I hope not, given the price cap the ACO have announced for future LMP2's.

Jaguar need to sever ties with RSR immediately and start over. I can think of umpteen suitable technical partners for either a GT or LMP programme. They just need to speak to the right people!
Old 24 Jun 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2717415)   #496
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
That underlined bit? I believe they already may have...
But I never said anything.
And you never heard it, OK?

I still think they should examine the RSR effort, in detail, and determine if it CAN be salvaged. Then either fish, or cut bait and start over again. But they really DARE not leave it 'as is'...
Old 24 Jun 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2717620)   #497
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
That underlined bit? I believe they already may have...
But I never said anything.
And you never heard it, OK?

I still think they should examine the RSR effort, in detail, and determine if it CAN be salvaged. Then either fish, or cut bait and start over again. But they really DARE not leave it 'as is'...
What you didn't say regarding the underlined bit........I know........but obviously, I didn't know that!

Unfortunately, I see nothing in the RSR effort worth salvaging. I'm not even convinced it's worth examining it in detail.
Old 25 Jun 2010, 10:24 (Ref:2717749)   #498
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
This is Your opinion. Indeed, the Jaguar will stand restructuring the team JaguarRSR, new manager, new strategy. The support of Jaguar is now direct and soon you will see the results.
Old 25 Jun 2010, 12:38 (Ref:2717813)   #499
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
That is pretty much what I'd heard... So I hope they DO throw the right resource in the right places, and make it work right, this time...
Old 25 Jun 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2717874)   #500
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is Geoff Kingston from the Sumo Power Nissan GT-R team going to Jaguar?