Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Jun 2010, 22:22 (Ref:2718020)   #501
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Is Geoff Kingston from the Sumo Power Nissan GT-R team going to Jaguar?
Really? sources news?!

Quote:
Having worked in the Motorsport industry for 27 years, Geoff’s Motorsport CV is an
impressive read: Toleman F1, Spice Engineering, Benetton F1, Gulf McLaren, Lister Cars, West Surrey Racing, Team Dynamics, Arena Motorsport and engineer for Embassy Racing on the Le Mans LMP2 project. He has worked with teams at Le Mans no fewer than 11 times, winning overall with Silk Cut Jaguar in 1988 and then in the GT2 class with a Honda NSX in 1995. Added to this are three victories at the Daytona 24-hours and one in the Spa 24 hours.
from Sumo Power
Old 25 Jun 2010, 22:37 (Ref:2718023)   #502
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguarista View Post
This is Your opinion. Indeed, the Jaguar will stand restructuring the team JaguarRSR, new manager, new strategy. The support of Jaguar is now direct and soon you will see the results.
How do you get a "new manager" when the current manager is the OWNER?

Forget "restructuring," RSR is either "in" or "out." (Murphy hears that as of today it's "out.")
Old 25 Jun 2010, 22:39 (Ref:2718024)   #503
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post

Forget "restructuring," RSR is either "in" or "out." (Murphy hears that as of today it's "out.")
Indeed, Jaguar have no control over RSR at all.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 08:49 (Ref:2718111)   #504
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post

It's a possibilty because Jag wants results. In any case Jag is preparing the official and direct return into motorsport, this is no question.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 10:34 (Ref:2718158)   #505
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For the record, I have no axe to grind with either RSR or Jaguar. I'm a HUGE fan of the marque. My walls are adorned with 'Jaguar at Le Mans' artwork only (at least, in terms of artwork with motorsport as the subject matter). If Jaguar are returning to endurance racing, I want to see it done properly, not some half hearted 'Heath Robinson' effort such as we've seen so far. I want to see fire in bellies and a real passion for the marque, from whoever takes this forward. I want to see fear of failure, the likes of which we witnessed with Audi and Peugeot at Le Mans this year. It should be a privilege for those given the responsibility of taking this project forward and the job must be carried out with pride. I want this new chapter to add to Jaguar's rich heritage in endurance racing, not undermine it. Jaguar, please, do it properly, or not at all!

Right, better climb down off my soapbox before I embarass myself..............
Old 26 Jun 2010, 10:41 (Ref:2718164)   #506
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
For the record, I have no axe to grind with either RSR or Jaguar. I'm a HUGE fan of the marque. My walls are adorned with 'Jaguar at Le Mans' artwork only (at least, in terms of artwork with motorsport as the subject matter). If Jaguar are returning to endurance racing, I want to see it done properly, not some half hearted 'Heath Robinson' effort such as we've seen so far. I want to see fire in bellies and a real passion for the marque, from whoever takes this forward. I want to see fear of failure, the likes of which we witnessed with Audi and Peugeot at Le Mans this year. It should be a privilege for those given the responsibility of taking this project forward and the job must be carried out with pride. I want this new chapter to add to Jaguar's rich heritage in endurance racing, not undermine it. Jaguar, please, do it properly, or not at all!

I agree with u, this
Old 26 Jun 2010, 13:41 (Ref:2718213)   #507
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post

Fantastic statement!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 15:26 (Ref:2718243)   #508
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/25...l_edition.html

Quote:
Jaguar is debuting a limited edition XKR at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 2 2010. Celebrating Jaguar’s 75th anniversary, the aptly named Jaguar XKR 75 takes the fastest car in the Jag fleet to a new level.

Headline figures for the XKR 75 are 523bhp and 483lb ft - 20bhp and 22lb ft over standard. Performance of the XKR 75 is also marginally improved over the standard car, reaching 62mph in 4.4sec – two tenths quicker than standard. An electronic limiter stops progress when the car reaches 174mph.

Other changes specific to the XKR 75 include a revised suspension set-up, giving stiffer spring and damper rates (28 per cent front, 32 rear), improved suspension uprights for increased camber stiffness, a reduced ride height (15mm front, 10mm rear) and reprogrammed Active Dynamics software. Final car calibration was carried out with Jaguar’s motorsport collaborator, RSR.

The aesthetics are treated to an aerodynamic upgrade consisting of sill extensions, new rear diffuser and enlarged rear spoiler as well as a body-coloured front splitter and 20in ‘Vortex’ alloys. It’s all backed up by a sports exhaust with more acoustic clout.

Prices kick off at £85,500, with order books open in July and deliveries in October. Thrown in with the price, however, is exclusivity; as the name suggests, just 75 XKR 75s will be built, making the likelihood of pulling up next to another one fairly slim.
This thread is now 34 pages long in spite of the lacklustre RSR effort.

Jaguar must realise a serious factory Le Mans effort would generate huge publicity whether in the prototype or GT classes.

With a new line-up of road cars and the F-Type on the horizon now is the time to step up thier motorsport activities.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...ype_is_go.html

Last edited by JAG; 26 Jun 2010 at 15:53.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 16:32 (Ref:2718265)   #509
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post

With a new line-up of road cars and the F-Type on the horizon now is the time to step up thier motorsport activities.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au...ype_is_go.html
SURE!
Old 26 Jun 2010, 18:13 (Ref:2718288)   #510
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The beautiful Jags in the Group C race nearly lasted more than the RSR Jag lasted. Beautiful sounding cars. Shame they handed it to a guy like Gentilozzi.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 18:28 (Ref:2718292)   #511
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewF31 View Post
The beautiful Jags in the Group C race nearly lasted more than the RSR Jag lasted. Beautiful sounding cars. Shame they handed it to a guy like Gentilozzi.
Correction: a couple of them did last longer than the RSR Jag. One exception was backed into the wall, the other parked with a blown tire.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 18:40 (Ref:2718299)   #512
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Shame they handed it to a guy like Gentilozzi.
That thinking is incorrect! The project was not handed to RSR. RSR initiated it!

L.P.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 23:03 (Ref:2718359)   #513
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
RSR and Jaguar should withdraw at least for now, and back to testing, the XKR is too slow and completly unreliable
Old 27 Jun 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2718442)   #514
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let them get the engine sorted and then it shouldnt be too bad
Old 27 Jun 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2718614)   #515
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Shame they handed it to a guy like Gentilozzi.
While Paul G. may not be everybody's favorite, he has a history of developing fast competitive Jags. I'm not really sure what's going on with this one. They certainly should be past the teething stages by now!

DK
Old 28 Jun 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2719242)   #516
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
That thinking is incorrect! The project was not handed to RSR. RSR initiated it!

L.P.
Do RSR control the cheque books at Jaguar HQ, also?

Fairly sure the contract signed was for five years.
Considering the lacklustre return thus far, one has to wonder whether a performance clause was omitted.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 14:14 (Ref:2719285)   #517
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
While Paul G. may not be everybody's favorite, he has a history of developing fast competitive Jags. I'm not really sure what's going on with this one. They certainly should be past the teething stages by now!

DK
Fast competitive Jags for a series he owned. When the Panoz was quicker, it went away...
Old 28 Jun 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2719357)   #518
picchiofan
Racer

Iran
picchiofan User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post

DK
Does slapping an XKE body on an old tube framed chassis that was previously a "mustang" and a "Vette" and running a 383ci pushrod V8 in a series you own really count as "developing a fast, competitive jag"?

Compare that to his godawful Champ Car and Grand Am "efforts" (Attempts? Efforts seems too generous) and I'd say his RSR program seems pretty much in line.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 16:46 (Ref:2719363)   #519
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
is the Jag' program a failure ?
Old 28 Jun 2010, 16:55 (Ref:2719370)   #520
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subaru_WRX_STi View Post
So far - I would say definately
Old 28 Jun 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2719375)   #521
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Do RSR control the cheque books at Jaguar HQ, also?

Fairly sure the contract signed was for five years.
Considering the lacklustre return thus far, one has to wonder whether a performance clause was omitted.

What cheque book? Which, IMO, is the problem to this point!

L.P.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 18:05 (Ref:2719421)   #522
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Is the Pope Catholic?
Old 29 Jun 2010, 01:53 (Ref:2719605)   #523
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes. Its a shame but thats how it appears. Jag need to bring this in house or get someone like Prodrive involved. Sure it'll cost more but do you want results or do you?
Old 29 Jun 2010, 09:52 (Ref:2719750)   #524
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
What cheque book? Which, IMO, is the problem to this point!

L.P.
RSR receives funding from Jaguar, we know this much. Exactly how much/whether the supplied amount is sufficient is a debatable topic.

As others have already mentioned, Gentilozzi is by no means cash-strapped, and with supposed factory funding the project should be much further developed given the circumstances.

I'm not disagreeing with you btw. Just highlighting other factors (which may have already been mentioned).
It's difficult to gauge whether or not Jaguar has been overly tight with the coin purse when nobody is aware of the level of factory support supplied thus far.
Old 29 Jun 2010, 10:22 (Ref:2719763)   #525
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Call me a complete sceptic....
Or the thoughts of someone who is a complete lunatic. I see the situation like this;-

RSR makes an announcement they intend to build a GT2 XKR as a privater. Nothing wrong with that been done before (see Doran GT and the Viper both in GT2 in ALMS). Lucky for RSR, Jaguar has new owners which decides "right Jaguar do well at Le mans historically its worked for Audi to Rejuvinate there brand image this past decade". They hear of this silent guy who has been tuning Jags, and racing them to some extent in the good ole US of A. Who also put out previous said statement of intent to field an XKR GT2. Think hell lets send him an XFR to go for a speed record at Bonneville to see how he is. Said man achieves substantial brand light. Jaguar then begin to think, yer lets give him ago. Without checking previous history of where he raced the Jags (his own series) and what they where before (tube framed chassis etc etc). Fast forward a 2 hours into Le mans 24 race 2010 Jaguar execs are thinking what the hell are we doing here with this guy. A few days ago as I said in post 480 Jaguar have recently picked up a guy (Geoff Kingston maybe ?) to co-ordinate there motorsport program better, and lets hope bringing double figure victories at Le mans for Coventry based mark.

Lets hope he cuts his ties and do what most of us sceptics have been saying for along time but then thats just me might be looking at a half empty pint rather than half full one!