Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 16 Aug 2024, 09:48 (Ref:4222864)   #501
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Maybe - but when you look at the history of the car it left the UK many years ago and would have been removed from the DVLA database at that time. I think looking at the UK VIN is a red-herring. It has also been rebuilt on a few occasions, so details might easily have changed from the original.

Wolfgang Friedrichs behind the wheel of the car in 2015:

The car in 2017 with lights in the bumper:

Same car in 2020 without lights (and different mirrors):
Yes , it it not easy .
But looking at those pictures I think they are different cars .
The last picture has very rounded wheel arches , and the others are more square at he top .
Old 16 Aug 2024, 12:18 (Ref:4222873)   #502
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More Aston pictures;
Dates and venues available.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5925.JPG   449.jpg   469.jpg  

IMG_5901.JPG   IMG_5829.JPG   IMG_3353.JPG  

Old 16 Aug 2024, 12:46 (Ref:4222876)   #503
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
More Aston pictures;
Dates and venues available.
Thanks for that Bauble .
3 different cars . Can,t believe they are all original .
One has left hand side exhaust so possibly XK engine.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 15:51 (Ref:4222890)   #504
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
UK MOT Checker results;

NSK 693 Aston Martin Green, 1959. 1st reg, 1988

XSK 497 " " " 1957, 1st reg 1975.

900 BH Porsche Silver. 2017.

Go figure.
Old 16 Aug 2024, 16:23 (Ref:4222897)   #505
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Yes , it it not easy .
But looking at those pictures I think they are different cars .
The last picture has very rounded wheel arches , and the others are more square at he top .
I am highly likely to be wrong here, but I wonder if it is a similar case to the Carlos Monteverde Ferrari 250 GTO chassis no. 3851 GT? If I remember correctly, Monteverde has the original safely stored away somewhere and then had an exact copy made to race (which caught fire in last year's Lavant Cup at Goodwood). Maybe Friedrichs has DBR1/5 stored somewhere which is taken to concours events/static displays (with the number plate no longer active as it isn't in the UK which could explain the 2017 Porsche using 900 BH) and has a replica/copy to race?
Old 16 Aug 2024, 16:27 (Ref:4222898)   #506
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
UK MOT Checker results;

NSK 693 Aston Martin Green, 1959. 1st reg, 1988

XSK 497 " " " 1957, 1st reg 1975.

900 BH Porsche Silver. 2017.

Go figure.

ASM managed to get a few *SK *** registrations to put on the cars because that was what the originals had so it looked more period correct .

But the huge value of the cars means a lot of replicas are used in place of the originals .
Imagine crashing one which has a value of many many £millions .
Old 16 Aug 2024, 20:03 (Ref:4222917)   #507
bauble
Veteran

England
Date of manufacture is surely the original as 1st reg is much later.

2 VPE registered 2nd May 1990 presumably a replica then?

A couple more pictures here;

https://photos.app.goo.gl/etaGnH6E77U2KimXA

All pics of 900 BH pre 2017.
Attached Thumbnails
Revival 2007 c 083.JPG  

Last edited by bauble; 16 Aug 2024 at 20:13.
Old 17 Aug 2024, 09:20 (Ref:4222942)   #508
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
Date of manufacture is surely the original as 1st reg is much later.

2 VPE registered 2nd May 1990 presumably a replica then?

A couple more pictures here;

https://photos.app.goo.gl/etaGnH6E77U2KimXA

All pics of 900 BH pre 2017.

Thanks for loads more pictures .
I am struggling to work out what are replicas .
I did remember that the 12 plug head engines have the exhaust out on the nearside , so left or right hand exhaust can still be original .
But with the total value of the original cars , I think there are quite a few replicas .
Old 17 Aug 2024, 11:00 (Ref:4222944)   #509
bauble
Veteran

England
I Googled 2 VPE, and I found pictures claiming it to be a 1957 car.

Flat stones!

I also checked that company web site you posted, and had to correct their Le Mans history, not too clever that lot.
Old 17 Aug 2024, 13:12 (Ref:4222947)   #510
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:

Flat stones!

I also checked that company web site you posted, and had to correct their Le Mans history, not too clever that lot.
Some of us have a job to remember yesterday , let alone what happened 65 years ago .
What do you think they had wrong .
Old 17 Aug 2024, 16:36 (Ref:4222959)   #511
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:

Flat stones!

They were right, I was wrong, and sent grovelling apology. Age has condemned me.
Old 17 Aug 2024, 17:26 (Ref:4222961)   #512
Tel 911S
Veteran

Quote:
[/I][/B]

They were right, I was wrong, and sent grovelling apology. Age has condemned me.
Andy from ASM is a quite a Le Mans enthusiast , so he does know a bit about it .
Back in about 2015 he had some inquiries from a film company about hiring some cars for making a film .
The planned film didn,t happen but another version came out called " Ford Versus Ferrari ". Their version of the 1959 Le Mans had Carroll Shelby running the whole Aston Martin team , and seemed to show he won all by himself . When really he was already starting to feel ill and he couldn,t even drive for his half of the race and Salvadoori had to do most of the driving .
But it was an American film so he had to be the hero , just like he had to design and build the GT40 which was of course British .
Old 17 Aug 2024, 19:01 (Ref:4222964)   #513
bauble
Veteran

England
Time to move on, methinks. Using up pics left over in my Parade folder
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4454.JPG   IMG_7795.JPG   IMG_7915.JPG  

IMG_8000.JPG   Revival 2007 2 060.JPG   Pomeroy 2010 154.JPG  

Old 17 Aug 2024, 19:04 (Ref:4222965)   #514
bauble
Veteran

England
some more from the dark corners;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4948.JPG   IMG_6818.JPG   IMG_7666.JPG  

IMG_8057.JPG   IMG_8596.JPG  
Attached Images

Old 17 Aug 2024, 19:06 (Ref:4222966)   #515
bauble
Veteran

England
Clearance sale;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9439.JPG   IMG_9480.JPG   IMG_9501.JPG  

IMG_9584.JPG   IMG_9206.JPG   Picture 118.jpg  

Old 17 Aug 2024, 19:09 (Ref:4222967)   #516
bauble
Veteran

England
Last chance for a bargain;
Attached Thumbnails
Used (2).png   Used as well (1).png   Used (5).png  

untitled.png   IMG_8731.JPG   IMG_9129.jpg  

Old 17 Aug 2024, 19:24 (Ref:4222968)   #517
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
some more from the dark corners;
Good to see a picture in the set, of Ernie (Nagamatsu) current custodian of Old Yeller, but where is the ever present Elaine?
Old 17 Aug 2024, 19:51 (Ref:4222971)   #518
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Good to see a picture in the set, of Ernie (Nagamatsu) current custodian of Old Yeller, but where is the ever present Elaine?
Right here;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8598.JPG   IMG_6819.JPG   IMG_8600.JPG  

IMG_5910.JPG   IMG_5952.JPG   IMG_8066.JPG  

Old 17 Aug 2024, 20:30 (Ref:4222974)   #519
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Right here;
Full marks and a gold star... I knew you would rise to the challenge.
Old 18 Aug 2024, 10:25 (Ref:4223033)   #520
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great paddock and pits shots again, Bob. However, unlike our friend from down under I hardly recognise any of the personalities pictured. I think his lordship is in one of post 516 and the other lordship in one of post 518. Who are the two sleeping in post 515? An opportune candid shot or carefully posed? We need to know.
Old 18 Aug 2024, 20:00 (Ref:4223062)   #521
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Great paddock and pits shots again, Bob. However, unlike our friend from down under I hardly recognise any of the personalities pictured. I think his lordship is in one of post 516 and the other lordship in one of post 518. Who are the two sleeping in post 515? An opportune candid shot or carefully posed? We need to know.
The infamous Bauble sits smiling at the wheel of Morgan borrowed for the occasion.

518 contains best friend Eric getting an explanation from Derek Warwick.

The two sleeping gents shot was simply a photo op, too god to miss. BTCC ace, Tom Ingram also smiles for the camera, I like to think I played a part in his early career by giving him a lot of coverage on the local BBC Radio Station. A genuinely nice person who drummed up all of his sponsorship on personal basis. He deserves all of the success he has achieved.

Just for you MG.
Attached Thumbnails
119.jpg   833.jpg   1089.jpg  

Brit GP 011.JPG   See Red 07 159.JPG   IMG_3996.JPG  

Old 18 Aug 2024, 20:02 (Ref:4223064)   #522
bauble
Veteran

England
Relaxing.
Attached Thumbnails
322.JPG   1091.jpg   Brit GP 013.JPG  

IMG_4868.JPG   IMG_5679.JPG   IMG_6437.jpg  

Old 18 Aug 2024, 20:10 (Ref:4223065)   #523
bauble
Veteran

England
What's left?
Attached Thumbnails
Porsche Carrera Launch 019.JPG   Terrible_Twins.jpg   Big Chopper Man.jpg  

Le Mans Ticket.jpg   IMG_0007.jpg  
Attached Images

Old 18 Aug 2024, 20:13 (Ref:4223066)   #524
bauble
Veteran

England
Better be serios, I suppose;
Attached Thumbnails
464.JPG   _MG_0413.JPG   053.JPG  

108.JPG   1014.JPG   125.JPG  

Old 18 Aug 2024, 20:16 (Ref:4223067)   #525
bauble
Veteran

England
And also;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8607.JPG   IMG_8591.JPG   IMG_8605.JPG  

IMG_8622.JPG   IMG_8633.JPG   IMG_8639.JPG