Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Nov 2023, 11:25 (Ref:4187748)   #526
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure the Hard trucks are listed for sale every year - might be just to get the comments on here
Old 29 Nov 2023, 12:02 (Ref:4187751)   #527
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did just see this on Facebook: "Have team hard moved. It’s empty and all locked up"

Also was told this morning that Hard are banned from TCR UK. They ran Jaxon at the end of 2022 getting a half price entry by saying they were going for a two car entry this year, and having a BTCC team full time would be good for the series so it would be a PR win.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 12:05 (Ref:4187752)   #528
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Means that F4 will only be at 8/10 meetings so TOCA need another guest series. Radicals?
From Inside BTCC / Matt Salisbury on FB
Quote:
Donington National
MINI JCW, Carrera Cup GB, British F4, Legends, Radical
Brands Indy
MINI JCW, Carrera Cup GB, British F4, Legends
Snetterton
MINI JCW, Sprint Challenge GB, British F4, Radical
Thruxton
MINI Trophy, Carrera Cup GB, British F4, MINI 7
Oulton Park
MINI JCW, Sprint Challenge GB, Radical, Caterham
Croft
MINI JCW, Carrera Cup GB, Sprint Challenge
Knockhill
MINI JCW, Carrera Cup GB, British F4, Legends
Donington GP
MINI Trophy, Carrera Cup GB, Sprint Challenge GB, British F4
Silverstone
MINI Trophy, Carrera Cup GB, Sprint Challenge GB, British F4
Brands GP
MINI JCW, Carrera Cup GB, Sprint Challenge GB, British F4
I hadn't seen the Radical announcement but Matt is normally reliable about that sort of thing.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 12:08 (Ref:4187753)   #529
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oulton Park will be hard to distinguish from the usual Saturday club meetings.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 12:59 (Ref:4187762)   #530
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
From Inside BTCC / Matt Salisbury on FB

I hadn't seen the Radical announcement but Matt is normally reliable about that sort of thing.
Thanks for sharing. Yes I don't remember a Radical announcement either but Matt Salisbury is usually right. Interesting that he thinks there'll be 5 supports at the first Donington meeting and only 3 at Croft (although only three series would fit in with the later start time).
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:17 (Ref:4187768)   #531
houston
Rookie

houston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A team selling items can just as likely be an upgrade or expansion is in the pipeline.

I've been told that the premises are pretty much derelict and currently full of people removing what they can from the small amount of goods that are there to try and recoup lost funds.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:29 (Ref:4187776)   #532
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
I've been told that the premises are pretty much derelict and currently full of people removing what they can from the small amount of goods that are there to try and recoup lost funds.
If that is the reason for people removing items, then that maybe the case.
Or could it just be that they have moved premises, and the old site is being cleared?

(I'm not saying I know either way, just that it is easy to put 2+2 together and get 9).
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4187777)   #533
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chassis WPMS-NGTC-076 was "mortgaged" by the team last Tuesday, which is in addition to WPMS-NGTC-077 going through the same process just before the final round of the season.

The two VW Passat CC's they still have have also been the subject of this process.

Essentially all four chassis have been signed over to Amicus Asset Finance Group Limited until such time that Team HARD can pay to take them back.

In July this year HARD signed over WPMS-NGTC-082 (along with other, older cars) to another company, County Asset Finance Ltd as collateral to a loan of "upto £270,000"

Their other chassis' had already been leverged before the season started.

In short, the team is in quite a mess, and based on what has been seen this year, ordinarily you wouldn't expect to see them back on the grid next year. But this is Tony Gilham we're talking about and he's become very experienced in these situations over the years.
Old 29 Nov 2023, 13:48 (Ref:4187778)   #534
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Chassis WPMS-NGTC-076 was "mortgaged" by the team last Tuesday, which is in addition to WPMS-NGTC-077 going through the same process just before the final round of the season.

The two VW Passat CC's they still have have also been the subject of this process.

Essentially all four chassis have been signed over to Amicus Asset Finance Group Limited until such time that Team HARD can pay to take them back.

In July this year HARD signed over WPMS-NGTC-082 (along with other, older cars) to another company, County Asset Finance Ltd as collateral to a loan of "upto £270,000"

Their other chassis' had already been leverged before the season started.

In short, the team is in quite a mess, and based on what has been seen this year, ordinarily you wouldn't expect to see them back on the grid next year. But this is Tony Gilham we're talking about and he's become very experienced in these situations over the years.
Gilham Towers is up for sale too! Recently the price dropped from £1.75m to £1.5m, someone looking to find funds or coincidentally moving house!?!
Old 29 Nov 2023, 14:04 (Ref:4187780)   #535
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Thanks for sharing. Yes I don't remember a Radical announcement either but Matt Salisbury is usually right. Interesting that he thinks there'll be 5 supports at the first Donington meeting and only 3 at Croft (although only three series would fit in with the later start time).
Hi all - just to clarify that the supports are as they stand so there could well be additions along the way or there may be some I’ve missed

Radical calendar was announced on 17 October
Caterham calendar on 15 September
Old 29 Nov 2023, 15:23 (Ref:4187788)   #536
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Gilham Towers is up for sale too! Recently the price dropped from £1.75m to £1.5m, someone looking to find funds or coincidentally moving house!?!
£1.75? He must have been doing something right!!
Old 29 Nov 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4187799)   #537
Matt_123
Rookie

Matt_123 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
team hard also own 4 tbls outright, so who would buy them if Hard left
Old 29 Nov 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4187803)   #538
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
A team selling items can just as likely be an upgrade or expansion is in the pipeline.
If it was any other team that would probably be the reason, but we’re talking about team Hard here so it’s more open to speculation.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 06:58 (Ref:4187829)   #539
Inside BTCC
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Inside BTCC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Pre-66 Touring Cars are now confirmed for Croft
Old 30 Nov 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4187834)   #540
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_123 View Post
team hard also own 4 tbls outright, so who would buy them if Hard left
Team Hard mk2 (or is it 3?) for a cut down price along with the rest of the assets and then restart as though nothing has happened
Old 30 Nov 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4187838)   #541
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
Team Hard mk2 (or is it 3?) for a cut down price along with the rest of the assets and then restart as though nothing has happened

I may be totally wrong here, but I have always assumed that the TBLs cannot be treated in the way that you suggest. As far as I know, the TBLs actually belong to TOCA and are only handed to teams/individuals on a fixed price lease from TOCA. The "owners", i.e. the teams/individuals, are permitted to lend them to others as well as being able to "sell" them but always at the TOCA price.

Again I my be wrong, but I don't think that TOCA would permit any team that goes into liquidation to "sell" them on to a reformed team at a reduced price, as you suggest for the reason that I said above, i.e. they, in reality, belong to TOCA. I think that in the event of such a scenario, the TBLs would have to be returned to TOCA.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 10:07 (Ref:4187839)   #542
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inside BTCC View Post
Pre-66 Touring Cars are now confirmed for Croft
A good choice by TOCA. I love historic racing and the various CTCRC series put on a good show at BARC meets. I hope a strong CTCRC pre-'66 field makes the trip to Croft
Old 30 Nov 2023, 10:21 (Ref:4187841)   #543
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
A good choice by TOCA. I love historic racing and the various CTCRC series put on a good show at BARC meets. I hope a strong CTCRC pre-'66 field makes the trip to Croft
Yeah looking forward to that. A shame the Super Tourers haven’t shown up more often (I know there’s not many racing outside of the Brands Hatch event but believe there’s a few running at the head of one class).
Old 30 Nov 2023, 10:41 (Ref:4187842)   #544
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That’s a surprise but a welcome one. Hopefully it’ll boost attendance at other CTCRC events. I was at Croft in August and it was a bit sparse both in the races and the crowd.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 11:04 (Ref:4187845)   #545
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Yeah looking forward to that. A shame the Super Tourers haven’t shown up more often (I know there’s not many racing outside of the Brands Hatch event but believe there’s a few running at the head of one class).

Maybe I have misunderstood what you mean, in which case I apologise, but what is the relationship between pre-66 cars such as the Lotus Cortina and the considerably later Super Tourers such as the Mondeo in the 1990s?
Old 30 Nov 2023, 11:06 (Ref:4187846)   #546
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I may be totally wrong here, but I have always assumed that the TBLs cannot be treated in the way that you suggest. As far as I know, the TBLs actually belong to TOCA and are only handed to teams/individuals on a fixed price lease from TOCA. The "owners", i.e. the teams/individuals, are permitted to lend them to others as well as being able to "sell" them but always at the TOCA price.

Again I my be wrong, but I don't think that TOCA would permit any team that goes into liquidation to "sell" them on to a reformed team at a reduced price, as you suggest for the reason that I said above, i.e. they, in reality, belong to TOCA. I think that in the event of such a scenario, the TBLs would have to be returned to TOCA.
Completely wrong I think. The point of the Franchise like Supercars aswell is to give the Teams a value on there investment in the series. The entires are a tradable asset but if they lapse then they revert to TOCA I think.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 11:31 (Ref:4187849)   #547
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Maybe I have misunderstood what you mean, in which case I apologise, but what is the relationship between pre-66 cars such as the Lotus Cortina and the considerably later Super Tourers such as the Mondeo in the 1990s?
I don’t mean the two racing together, I mean the Super Tourers showing up on the support package (as a one-off). Did it once about ten years ago I think.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 12:01 (Ref:4187850)   #548
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
I don’t mean the two racing together, I mean the Super Tourers showing up on the support package (as a one-off). Did it once about ten years ago I think.

Ah, now I understand.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 13:33 (Ref:4187857)   #549
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I agree, I think it's to prevent teams taking the mickey. There's a former team who ran in BTCC and other international touring car series who used to regularly fold at the end of the year, leaving a trail of debtors behind. A quick name change and they came back again.
Old 30 Nov 2023, 13:39 (Ref:4187858)   #550
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
I don't believe there's any coming back this time