Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 22 Oct 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3321642)   #551
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So the Rotek A3's, are they definitely the saloon model?
Yep it's the saloon model that has just been launched in the UK
Old 22 Oct 2013, 16:09 (Ref:3321703)   #552
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
With regards to the Welch Proton, are they planning on running two cars or is it simply a new build for Dan? They talk about this new one having a different aero package and IIRC they did a similar thing between 2011 and 2012 but never ran two cars... can anyone enlighten?
Aero package is nothing more than new GRP bodypanels added to the basic shell. Teams would only build a new shell to make it lighter or replace a damaged one. That's why we've only seen one new shell required in the three years of NGTC so far and that was Jeff Smith after Rockingham last year. The front spec subframe helps a lot in the respect. You don't have problems with damaged chassis legs and the old subframe they used to have. Still a bit vulnerable at the rear as Smith found out, but on the whole they've been able to just cut out sections and replace them, like on Austin's A4 and Goff's Insignia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Previously they rebuild the old car with new upgrades & changed from the Gen2 to the Persona model, so a change in Aero package.
The name change I believe was because the Persona is the 4 door version of the car, while the Gen-2 is/was the 5 door. Some confusion as to whether those models are still on sale these days. Very few sold, comparable to MG!

Quote:
So the Rotek A3's, are they definitely the saloon model?
Saloons in touring car racing. It'll never catch on.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:28 (Ref:3321746)   #553
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is there anything left from the KIA roumor or it died down completely ?
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:44 (Ref:3321758)   #554
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
is there anything left from the KIA roumor or it died down completely ?
Died off in about 2005.

Sorry, couldn't resist. People always seem to end up talking about the same things. "What about Kia?" "What about X, Y and Z?"

Fans never learn.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 17:46 (Ref:3321761)   #555
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's taking the **** about Kia. At least I hope so..
Old 22 Oct 2013, 18:12 (Ref:3321774)   #556
jimothy84
Racer

England
Swindon, Wiltshire
jimothy84 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to re-tread (relatively) old ground, but I've been thinking more about the new Hondas from Team Dynamics. They've made a big point on promoting the Civic as being British built, from the Union Jack on the front wing to the 'BUILT IN BRITAIN' across its bum. It just wouldn't make sense to then move to a non-British built car, so it surely has to be a Civic of some sort. Both the hatchback and tourer are or will be built at the Swindon plant. They also make the Jazz (too small for NGTC!) and the CRV, which I really dont see them heading down the Thorney/Evoque route with...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 19:00 (Ref:3321793)   #557
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post

Saloons in touring car racing. It'll never catch on.
Hehhe, I like small saloons.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 20:08 (Ref:3321831)   #558
BtccLee
Veteran

BtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBtccLee should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
In terms of supports I think the only tenuous one in terms of grids next year will be Formula Ford. If it becomes FIA F4 in 2015 then perhaps that could help. The cars exist and so do the teams. It's the drivers and the budget that don't...
Old 22 Oct 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3321842)   #559
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BtccLee View Post
In terms of supports I think the only tenuous one in terms of grids next year will be Formula Ford. If it becomes FIA F4 in 2015 then perhaps that could help. The cars exist and so do the teams. It's the drivers and the budget that don't...
Actually both Clios and Porsches are moving onto new cars for 2014, so grids are hard to predict. I imagine the Clios will be a little less well subscribed (many of the privateers may well head for the BARC series to keep their cars), while the Porsches will (hopefully!) have a few more entries thanks to the Europe-wide adoption of the new style. Would be good to get some guest drives from Supercup or the German Carrera Cup.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 21:17 (Ref:3321879)   #560
PandaKing
Rookie

PandaKing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Apparently the take up of the new Porsche is rather good? I don't know for sure, but just what I heard over the tannoy at Brands Hatch a few weeks ago...? I am more concerned about the Clios. I personally loved the Fiestas, sure they were slow, but they provided simply amazing racing. They were cheap too, probably why they had such massive grids.

In terms of the BTCC, I very much adopt a "ill believe it when I see it approach" when it comes to grid numbers. Although having said that, I seem to recall Thorney stating that the Renault's are definitely in build as they have supplied parts, and I heard that the shells for the Audi A3's are underway...?
What I have heard on the Renaults is that there is a development car in build, but nothing more than that. Robb Holland said when the A3s surfaced that they were taking delivery if the shells the following week.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 21:24 (Ref:3321883)   #561
PandaKing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
The name change I believe was because the Persona is the 4 door version of the car, while the Gen-2 is/was the 5 door. Some confusion as to whether those models are still on sale these days. Very few sold, comparable to MG!
Didn't the Gen-2 get withdrawn from the UK market in 2012, could be linked to the reason to rebrand the car, keep it relevant.
Old 22 Oct 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3321885)   #562
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
He's taking the **** about Kia. At least I hope so..
I don't think he is

That rumour's been going about for donkeys. It's replaced the Mazda rumour that was about previously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothy84 View Post
Sorry to re-tread (relatively) old ground, but I've been thinking more about the new Hondas from Team Dynamics. They've made a big point on promoting the Civic as being British built, from the Union Jack on the front wing to the 'BUILT IN BRITAIN' across its bum. It just wouldn't make sense to then move to a non-British built car, so it surely has to be a Civic of some sort. Both the hatchback and tourer are or will be built at the Swindon plant. They also make the Jazz (too small for NGTC!) and the CRV, which I really dont see them heading down the Thorney/Evoque route with...
That's why to me, the tourer makes sense.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 08:42 (Ref:3322067)   #563
PandaKing
Rookie

http://www.btcccrazy.co.uk/btcc/red-...60-intentions/

This was posted on Reddit a couple of days ago. I haven't seen any mention of this on any other news outlet, but this is a news/speculation thread...
Old 23 Oct 2013, 09:06 (Ref:3322071)   #564
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaKing View Post

This was posted on Reddit a couple of days ago. I haven't seen any mention of this on any other news outlet, but this is a news/speculation thread...
How long can you hold your breath?

Its not the most admired of websites to be fair.

Suspect there has been some gun-jumpery with that news article for the "heard it here first" claim, which may cause red faces if it doesn't happen.
Its not been mentioned on any other news holding title.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3322088)   #565
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
But they're CRAZY!
Old 23 Oct 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3322096)   #566
PandaKing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
How long can you hold your breath?

Its not the most admired of websites to be fair.

Suspect there has been some gun-jumpery with that news article for the "heard it here first" claim, which may cause red faces if it doesn't happen.
Its not been mentioned on any other news holding title.
I got that impression from the whole layout/MakeUp of the website. Doesn't seem like much more than a blog... Probably nothing more than a team that a looking at BTCC as a potential project rather than building/entering a car.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3322140)   #567
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
There was a mention of a NGTC BMW 3 series that a team (I can't remember what team) was looking to produce. Obviously that came to nothing since this was over a year ago.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3322160)   #568
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of talk about using Audis (Rob Holland) and Mercs (Adam Morgan) for new 2014 cars. So a dum question - is there any advantage to using a more expensive car as the model for an NGTC vehicle? Particularly if they use a Swindon engine and with all the TOCA parts, surely there is very little of the original vehicle left aside from the shell.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 16:06 (Ref:3322173)   #569
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
There was a mention of a NGTC BMW 3 series that a team (I can't remember what team) was looking to produce. Obviously that came to nothing since this was over a year ago.
That was BTC Racing. Before the Chevrolet project started.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3322217)   #570
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
I think that came from a much more reputable source though if your on about the 3 dark grey ones that turned out ok
Old 23 Oct 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3322246)   #571
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Surprised nobody picked up on this, but Alex Macdowell was testing for WSR at Brands today.
Old 23 Oct 2013, 19:17 (Ref:3322250)   #572
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaKing View Post

Someone (no names metioned) will be at the article as it is nothing more than a hoax! Same as last years CVR SEAT Exeo and the NHR Developments SEAT Twitter page that appeared recently. People should really do their homework before wetting themselves with excitement.

Unfortunatley people are leaving themselves open to being led up the garden path with these stories. Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical
Old 23 Oct 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3322264)   #573
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Surprised nobody picked up on this, but Alex Macdowell was testing for WSR at Brands today.
Hmmmm, I saw he was there and that WSR were testing, didn't link the two together! Seems like he enjoyed his go in the Beamer!

Last edited by Jiiiiiiim; 23 Oct 2013 at 19:51. Reason: Fingers stopped working properly
Old 23 Oct 2013, 19:55 (Ref:3322271)   #574
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psq43 View Post
I think that came from a much more reputable source though if your on about the 3 dark grey ones that turned out ok
Ignore all that. Total ********, i can't read.

He said 3 series, not 1 series. Im a cock
Old 23 Oct 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3322276)   #575
psq43
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Someone (no names metioned) will be at the article as it is nothing more than a hoax! Same as last years CVR SEAT Exeo and the NHR Developments SEAT Twitter page that appeared recently. People should really do their homework before wetting themselves with excitement.

Unfortunatley people are leaving themselves open to being led up the garden path with these stories. Maybe I shouldn't be so cynical
Well, as mentioned, that website, and a particular "reporter" on it, are somewhat the subject of ridicule in more than a few circles.

Wouldn't be so bad if the grammar wasn't so shocking from someone who writes for a living, or at least hopes to.

I can get away with it because I be thik
Closed Thread