Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 11 Sep 2023, 15:20 (Ref:4176305)   #576
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...fuji/10518816/
Weird issue for Proton, I saw live they just couldn't install Bruni in the car and were fighting with belts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
As for "the" Porsche, what a first part of race they had. I was literally amazed.
I was the same. A car that was struggling mighty so far suddenly leading 2/3 of the race. In the end fuel mistake was costly, I think Kobayashi was unstoppable but without having to fuel save the entire race P2 was in reach.
Old 11 Sep 2023, 16:08 (Ref:4176314)   #577
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Yep, sure, at one moment I was wishing for a full lap ahead. But with "ifs"… When you think about the hard work they did on a new car and fail for a "sucking" belt you see what "the devil is in the details" means.

As to the Jotas… its more ridiculous than anything. Cry or laugh? (thanks for the link haven't seen it before).
Old 11 Sep 2023, 16:16 (Ref:4176316)   #578
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
I'm a great fan of Corvette but I feel questionable is inappropriate: https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-win/10518842/
Old 11 Sep 2023, 17:44 (Ref:4176329)   #579
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I had to watch the race on replay here, and to my amazement I managed to not find out the result until i finished!

A dry race at Fuji with no safety car past the first lap, that pretty much assured an unusual result. Shocked by Porsche staying in the lead for so long, but had the feeling Toyota didn't seem that worried. I was surprised by the lack of pace from Ferrari, and I bet the other 3 Porsches are kicking themselves for not having clean races and being able to challenge.

Enjoyed the interview with Ben "Scott Dixon" Keating talking about how he was able to save fuel.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 02:41 (Ref:4176565)   #580
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The coverage wasn't showing the #50 as it was concentrating on the LMP2 battle. Maybe the onboard is uploaded at some point? Is it available on the WEC app?

The #50 did cross the line on that lap close to 3 other cars. It was less than 1.5s behind these cars:
Catsburg #33 Corvette -1.04
Fujii #777 Aston -1.30
Hanley #2 Cadillac -1.38

Could have been a strong tow?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6sNwoetA9s
No telemetry or steering wheel view for speed confirmation but at least we can try to find that moment. I will do later, after work
Here?

https://www.youtube.com/live/r6sNwoe...scECz2SCzZqwk0

5:59:46 is just as he enters the straight.
Old 14 Sep 2023, 07:39 (Ref:4176585)   #581
PhilipR
Veteran

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPhilipR should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One more race and a looong wait until then

Fuji entertaining but Toyota win felt inevitable. Excited for next year when all these cars have 1 year racing under their belts and hopefully will be able to provide stronger challenge to Toyota

I still think LMH is better suited than LMDH due to inherent freedoms in the design and integration(unless you are Peugeot) but would be great to see LMDH challenging more
Old 14 Sep 2023, 07:51 (Ref:4176587)   #582
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Is seems that the italian team, as for LM starting/resetting gestual procedure, has constant issues with the radio. After body language, they have now to use car-body language. From 4'40"
Old 17 Sep 2023, 20:30 (Ref:4177123)   #583
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
5:59:46 is just as he enters the straight.
Sorry for late replay, I totally forgot about this Actually 1 lap earlier I think:

Why? Imo because the end of that long straight where obviously top speed is achieved is at the beginning of the lap so we're looking for where he starts the 225th lap, not where he completes it. He had LMP2 in front but I think too far from him to have a really good tow. Also it's funny how no one even mentioned this 333 SP tribute speedtrap record, at least I didn't see on DSC, S365 and motorsport.com. Like no one even noticed or everyone assumed it's telemetry glitch.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 00:20 (Ref:4177148)   #584
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I assumed it was a tribute to Graham Gooch.

Depends where the speed trap is.
I looked for when he was near other cars that could have caused that.
Although even with a tow it strikes me as unlikely.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4177229)   #585
GT3_Fan
Racer

GT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGT3_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What will happen to all of these GTE cars now that their life span in top level racing is about to end?
Old 18 Sep 2023, 14:06 (Ref:4177233)   #586
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
They'll end up in private collections and trickle down to national series.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4177234)   #587
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT3_Fan View Post
What will happen to all of these GTE cars now that their life span in top level racing is about to end?
Same thing as the older ones, Masters Endurance/LM Classic in Europe and HSR/SVRA in the US. And other series that may allow detuned or harder tired versions of the cars to run more. And some collectors just put them away and take them out for track days or just an art collection
Old 18 Sep 2023, 16:34 (Ref:4177264)   #588
tomcug
Veteran

Quote:
Although even with a tow it strikes me as unlikely.
Seems so. Still there's no correction to the maximum speed report so I think it will remain there even if they didn't really hit 333 kph
BTW Pierson will have a chance to drive the GR010.
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...rive-hypercar/
Old 18 Sep 2023, 19:50 (Ref:4177313)   #589
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Edit - tomucg provided an earlier link

No big surprises in the selections. Still, I am going to have to read the articles twice over to fully comprehend that a 17-year-old will be driving a GR010.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. Surely Pierson will be (is being?) courted by manufacturers for as long as UA aren't in the top class.
Old 18 Sep 2023, 20:33 (Ref:4177323)   #590
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
Edit - tomucg provided an earlier link

No big surprises in the selections. Still, I am going to have to read the articles twice over to fully comprehend that a 17-year-old will be driving a GR010.

If you're good enough, you're old enough. Surely Pierson will be (is being?) courted by manufacturers for as long as UA aren't in the top class.
I haven't followed everything he has done up till now, but he has some wins in P2 and not good results in the IndyNXT series which I think he is returning to in 2024. He must feel like a pretty lucky kid to get to drive a GR010!
Old 18 Sep 2023, 22:07 (Ref:4177337)   #591
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He's done well in everything he's driven and another of what people would cry about being a sneaky silver soon
Old 19 Sep 2023, 04:33 (Ref:4177369)   #592
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
He's done well in everything he's driven and another of what people would cry about being a sneaky silver soon
He's on the list for potentially being upgraded to gold next season, so the ACO are onto that one (unlike Hanson, where they waited until he/Albuquerque won literally everything before upgrading him).

It will reduce his options, but I doubt it will stall his rise. UA will have a job keeping him if they don't find a LMDh deal in the near future.
Old 25 Sep 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4178310)   #593
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
WEC Full Access video for Fuji

https://youtu.be/v_FrsyJ6N_U?si=ftb8gvGXwFE0GDPP
Old 12 Oct 2023, 14:19 (Ref:4181115)   #594
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
It took some time to watch the full race but I enjoyed it.
Old 17 Oct 2023, 11:12 (Ref:4181803)   #595
tomcug
Veteran

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...ahrain-finale/
Exciting news from ByKolles But I gotta give them credit, at least they do full season which is something Glickenhaus never did.
Old 28 Oct 2023, 07:34 (Ref:4183280)   #596
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Free practice 3 live feed on Friday 3rd Nov, if you like to bookmark these things

https://www.youtube.com/live/y62z6lV...b-n1UCn22WOmhm
Old 2 Nov 2023, 11:33 (Ref:4184042)   #597
tomcug
Veteran

From what I read the weather wasn't too kind today...
Old 2 Nov 2023, 12:23 (Ref:4184053)   #598
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcug View Post
From what I read the weather wasn't too kind today...
Red flags for blowing sand and for rain, what a session!
Old 2 Nov 2023, 13:54 (Ref:4184060)   #599
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sand, wind, and rain... Welcome to the Arabian coast.
Old 2 Nov 2023, 14:09 (Ref:4184065)   #600
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by veeten View Post
Sand, wind, and rain... Welcome to the Arabian coast.
Sounds like Storm Ciarán currently in western Europe.