Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 23 Sep 2008, 08:44 (Ref:2295869)   #601
tatounet
Racer

Belgium
tatounet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Weather forcast is quite excellent !
But with verry cold night in francorchamps.
So don't forget sun cream/glasses and the De-Icer Aerosol.
Track was last we faster than ever thanks F1 ( -3 sec for Gt3 lap record )

pm to MR mallet
Don't leave the keys on the capri ... Jean-Michel Martin take part off the meeting (grand prix masters)...
Old 23 Sep 2008, 20:48 (Ref:2296422)   #602
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stavelot will be no more,it is to be named after Paul Frere,a fitting tribute to a great man.
Old 23 Sep 2008, 21:13 (Ref:2296443)   #603
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Stavelot will be no more,it is to be named after Paul Frere,a fitting tribute to a great man.
I'm so pleased to hear that Terry - I agree it's a very fitting tribute.

See you at Spa
Old 24 Sep 2008, 07:01 (Ref:2296655)   #604
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Absolutly!!Whats this Masters thing tomorrow evening John and are you going? Think I will be there.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 07:09 (Ref:2296659)   #605
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
No idea There's nothing in my paperwork about it but no doubt I'll find out when I get there !
Old 24 Sep 2008, 07:15 (Ref:2296664)   #606
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Got e-mail from Claire last night,its a discussion on next season,ideas on improvements,if any.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 07:49 (Ref:2296678)   #607
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Got e-mail from Claire last night,its a discussion on next season,ideas on improvements,if any.
Perhaps one of the improvements is not having me there?
Old 24 Sep 2008, 08:12 (Ref:2296691)   #608
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
No comment!

[only joking]
Old 24 Sep 2008, 08:19 (Ref:2296694)   #609
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Invitation to join Ron for a feedback session Thursday evening at 18.15 (essential for all preparers - drivers also welcome!)
It is Season Review time – and also 2009 Planning time - both here in the Masters Office and we are sure, in your own homes!

On Thursday evening we would like you to join us for an essential opportunity to ask us questions, and hear the discussion. Ron invites you all to put questions to him and chat directly with him, each grid is equally important, with questions on GPM, GT’s, Sportscars and Top Hat alike. This will be an informal discussion and feedback session about what’s important to you, and to us. No agenda, just an hour available, you raise the topics. Possible topics may include - Race lengths, hospitality, weights, electronic ignition, silencing, on board data collection, and your feedback on circuits and size of event.

If you don’t come on Thursday, we will never know what you would like to see in 2009! We know it’s a busy weekend, but make the time to talk…
Meet in the Masters Centre at 18h15 - we aim to be finished at 19h15 - beer and coffee available!!
Old 24 Sep 2008, 08:50 (Ref:2296714)   #610
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Thanks Roger. I knew a session like this was being discussed but I didn't know it had actually been scheduled. I'll be there
Old 24 Sep 2008, 15:16 (Ref:2297027)   #611
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I would have thought you of all people would have known this being a Capri man,.... When Gordon Spice first saw the chicane he said "that looks like a bus stop" and it stuck ever since...
I'll check but it wasn't a chicane in '78. It wasn't built until the turbo F1 era, early eighties AFIK. But the bus used to stop there anyway.
Old 24 Sep 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2297043)   #612
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am only quoting Neville Hay who is considered the oracle on most things petrol.... GS was at the same Tony Brook's lunch last week
Old 24 Sep 2008, 20:22 (Ref:2297242)   #613
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I may have some info at home when the busstop came in. Not really sure to be honest.

And yes, the bus did stop there, even without the Busstop and even in both directions.