Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Aug 2010, 23:08 (Ref:2738486)   #626
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or Maybe the team just plain got better on its own over time, or they got decent performance waivers. I'm not ready to point blame at just the tires, because there had been severe issues with the car getting to the finish, mostly due to engine part issues.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 04:21 (Ref:2738561)   #627
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguarman1 View Post
No, there's no doubt that big improvements need to be made, but merely that amongst the shocking reliability issues and general poor performance, there still has to be issues why the thing is so slow. Speed trap figures from Lime Rock showed it to be one of the quickest through the trap, so aero would appear not to be an issue and the air restictors should generally equalise engine performance if the regs are right. Therefore, poor lap times would seem on that evidence to come from tyre grip (or maybe braking performance) wouldn't you agree?
Time through a speed trap does not indicate that aero "is not an issue," nor does it say anything about engine performance.

What about corner aero grip on fast corners? What about the engine's torque curve? Terminal speed tells you pretty much nothing.
Old 3 Aug 2010, 09:23 (Ref:2738641)   #628
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK View Post
Time through a speed trap does not indicate that aero "is not an issue," nor does it say anything about engine performance.

What about corner aero grip on fast corners? What about the engine's torque curve? Terminal speed tells you pretty much nothing.
Goossen's complained of overall grip (the lack of it) at Lime Rock. Is this the suspension not being dialed in yet or this a continuation of Yokohama's woes in the ALMS?
Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:24 (Ref:2740590)   #629
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Hey look! A 1:22 for the Jag in practice. What do you all think?
Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2740592)   #630
fiend540
Racer

United States
East Aurora NY
fiend540 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think that the team is finally showing improvement mostly because they are spending more time on the track, then off the track due to motor issues.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2740593)   #631
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The Jag had a decent q'ing session, still a few seconds back from the front, but if they can keep that pace during the race I'm sure the team would be happy.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 19:57 (Ref:2740613)   #632
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The Jag had a decent q'ing session, still a few seconds back from the front, but if they can keep that pace during the race I'm sure the team would be happy.
If they have got rid of the gremlins in the car, it should finish and they can work on the balance and grip issues. Gossens complained of lack of overall grip at Lime Rock. Again much like Corvette, there's no previous data available, so its all learning at this point.
Old 6 Aug 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2740675)   #633
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know I'm gonna be late on this, as well as in the minority, but I don't like the looks of the Jag. I'll hang up and listen to your response
Old 6 Aug 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2740734)   #634
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I know I'm gonna be late on this, as well as in the minority, but I don't like the looks of the Jag. I'll hang up and listen to your response
It could be worse, there could be no Jag!

DK
Old 7 Aug 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2740737)   #635
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptclaus98 View Post
I think that has to do with the production car its based on. I don't think its that hot, the Aston is a better looking car. But I know the that car is due for a refresh so maybe the next car will look better. I'd also say its the graphic design, they should have called Andy....
Old 8 Aug 2010, 03:06 (Ref:2741228)   #636
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to the jag again, that is two races in a row that they have finished! Yes they were 5 laps behind the class winner, but they finished in the points and ahead of all the challange cars. This time they truly were the fastest car on Yokohama's.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 04:25 (Ref:2741233)   #637
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
It could be worse, there could be no Jag!

DK
Are you saying that having a backmarker Jaguar is better than no Jaguar?

I don't understand, do you want the best series on the planet or a pretender?

The criticism of RSR is well-deserved, they should have turned down the invite to Le Mans they were not ready. They should have spent that month and half testing the car!
Old 8 Aug 2010, 04:30 (Ref:2741235)   #638
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie View Post

I don't understand, do you want the best series on the planet or a pretender?

The criticism of RSR is well-deserved, they should have turned down the invite to Le Mans they were not ready. They should have spent that month and half testing the car!
I disagree!

L.P.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 05:21 (Ref:2741243)   #639
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I disagree!

L.P.
Disagree they shouldn't have taken the trip to France?

Disagree that criticism of RSR isn't warranted?
Old 8 Aug 2010, 05:22 (Ref:2741244)   #640
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Disagree they shouldn't have taken the trip to France?

Disagree that criticism of RSR isn't warranted?
You complain a lot. Stop that.

Anyway, lets see you try to do better.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 05:29 (Ref:2741246)   #641
JagtechOhio
Veteran

United States
Powell, Ohio USA
JagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJagtechOhio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see they are at least keeping the bonnet down (and on), good on RSR for finding some reliability.

Agreed about finding a new graphic artist though...
Old 8 Aug 2010, 15:23 (Ref:2741384)   #642
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
That is exactly what I'm saying. Just like having a backmarker Viper was better than no Viper.

DK
Old 8 Aug 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2741385)   #643
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
That is exactly what I'm saying. Just like having a backmarker Viper was better than no Viper.

DK
I disagree, without that Viper there would have been far fewer full course cautions
Old 8 Aug 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2741408)   #644
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes because this could be the start of something big for Jaguar is sportscar racing again.

Not neccessarily with RSR, with the XKR-R, in GT racing or even in the ALMS, but it's a start.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2741463)   #645
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

I don't want to agree with Matt, but in this case, I absolutely have to.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 19:10 (Ref:2741478)   #646
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Thank you Matt for trying to thwart another post-race buzz-kill.....after some more forward progress has been made.

(You're either with us or against us)
Old 8 Aug 2010, 21:05 (Ref:2741579)   #647
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
Is this the same "try and do better" then Tiger Woods or Kobe Bryant? I haven't played golf, but I can shoot a basketball, I don't claim to be as good or trying out for the NBA.

It may sound like complaining but some of you sure have the bar set fairly low.
Old 8 Aug 2010, 22:01 (Ref:2741610)   #648
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
..........but some of you sure have the bar set fairly low.
Yep, although 'fairly low' seems a little too generous, in my opinion. Mid Ohio hasn't changed my perception of the programme in the slightest.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 02:55 (Ref:2741696)   #649
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Yep, although 'fairly low' seems a little too generous, in my opinion. Mid Ohio hasn't changed my perception of the programme in the slightest.

It changed mine. Because now it appears they have a reliable slow car instead of an unreliable slow car. To me this is a bit more promising, they solved thereliability issue so maybe they can solve the speed issue as well. And who knows maybe that new chassis they talked about will be faster.
Old 9 Aug 2010, 09:17 (Ref:2741777)   #650
jaguarista
Racer

Italy
Bari
jaguarista should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
It changed mine. Because now it appears they have a reliable slow car instead of an unreliable slow car. To me this is a bit more promising, they solved thereliability issue so maybe they can solve the speed issue as well. And who knows maybe that new chassis they talked about will be faster.
When will be available when the new chassis?

In the last post, Gentilozzi have admitted errors:

"We closed the margin and again stayed strong to earn another top-ten finish. We are not necessarily happy with our race pace. We made some adjustments and it was wrong direction, quite honestly, but it was a community decision between the engineers and the drivers. We will look at what we did, why it wasn't good, and we will not make the mistake at Road America. The disadvantage of one car is you can't split your strategy, you can only guess once."

and Goossens added:

"
We definitely made a huge improvement this weekend, and still the reliability is there. Where we made the biggest advances is weekend was on the ECU and traction control. With great help from Drake Devore at Motec, we have been working hard to improve it and we managed to make a huge step forward. So now it is just a matter of tuning the car and trying to find a better balance. We still have poor grip compared to other cars, but braking is much better than what we had before. Overall, we made changes to make the car better, but we still have a ways to go and we will keep working and testing to get there - it just takes time."

Again, for me it just takes time, it can only improve the car