Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 Jun 2024, 20:51 (Ref:4212070)   #651
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Cadillac Optiq

4.82 m long

200-300 hp electric engines, 70-85 kWh battery
Front- and four-wheel drive

Old 19 Jun 2024, 18:59 (Ref:4216082)   #652
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
BMW X3

4.76 m long

180-400 hp gasoline engines
200 hp Diesel engine
250 hp plugin hybrid engine

Four-wheel drive
8-speed automatic transmission

Old 11 Jul 2024, 17:05 (Ref:4218630)   #653
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
From the creators of the Ford Mustang Mach-E...

Ford Capri

4.63 m long, 1.63 m tall

280-335 hp electric engines
77-79 kWh battery, 135-185 kW DC charging, 11 kW AC charging

Rear-wheel and four-wheel drive

2,100-2,200 kg

I like it, but can't see how it will sell better than it sibling the Explorer.
Old 11 Jul 2024, 19:17 (Ref:4218643)   #654
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
I love the name…
Old 12 Jul 2024, 02:32 (Ref:4218666)   #655
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it a rebodied Mach E or is it bigger?
Old 12 Jul 2024, 08:31 (Ref:4218681)   #656
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Is it a rebodied Mach E or is it bigger?
It's smaller than the Mach E.
Old 12 Jul 2024, 12:17 (Ref:4218688)   #657
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Yeah, it's meant to slot in like an Escape vs an Edge/Explorer for the Mach E
Old 13 Jul 2024, 00:56 (Ref:4218751)   #658
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Yeah, it's meant to slot in like an Escape vs an Edge/Explorer for the Mach E
Y'all are correct, however, I read today that the Capri is on the Exploder platform which is larger than the Mach E. I'm so confused but I hate SUVs so whatever.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 05:54 (Ref:4218775)   #659
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Y'all are correct, however, I read today that the Capri is on the Exploder platform which is larger than the Mach E. I'm so confused but I hate SUVs so whatever.
Yes, it uses the same platform as the VW ID3, ID7, Buzz, and about a dozen other vehicles including hatchbacks, SUVs and wagons.
Old 13 Jul 2024, 13:20 (Ref:4218805)   #660
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And platform seems to mean corners and drivetrain with different bits bolted between now
Old 28 Aug 2024, 14:56 (Ref:4224184)   #661
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Smart #5

4.70 m long

Electric motors to be confirmed

100 kWh battery, 280 kW DC charging

Looks nice, but certainly not "smart".
Old 28 Aug 2024, 15:28 (Ref:4224188)   #662
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Smart #5

4.70 m long

Electric motors to be confirmed

100 kWh battery, 280 kW DC charging

Looks nice, but certainly not "smart".

Can certainly agree that it's nothing like "smart", but nice? No way, it's ugly as sin!
Old 4 Sep 2024, 13:52 (Ref:4225414)   #663
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Cupra Terramar

4.57 m long

150-270 hp gasoline hybrid engines

270 hp plugin hybrid engine
19.7 kWh battery, 50 kW DC charging

Old 4 Sep 2024, 13:57 (Ref:4225415)   #664
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Audi Q5

4.72 m long

200-360 hp gasoline engines

200 hp Diesel engine (?)

Plugin hybrids to be added later

The rear end could be a Mercedes.
Old 4 Sep 2024, 14:09 (Ref:4225417)   #665
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Audi seems to have caught whatever is wrong with the styling department at BMW with their huge gapping front grill area. Do they think that it is attractive, or are they trying for a menacing appearance?
Old 4 Sep 2024, 16:58 (Ref:4225443)   #666
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!Gerard C is going for a new world record!
Menacing appearnce I'd say. Looking at the Cupra, the Porsche influence is rather easy to spot now. Don't call me a Seat anymore. As to the Smarts, yes they are ugly!
Old 6 Sep 2024, 15:46 (Ref:4225563)   #667
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I really didn't like Audi's straight-line grilles of the late 2010s. I like these curved ones.

What I don't like is the overuse of matte black.
Old 17 Sep 2024, 08:12 (Ref:4227265)   #668
paul10
Rookie

paul10 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
From the creators of the Ford Mustang Mach-E...

Ford Capri

4.63 m long, 1.63 m tall

280-335 hp electric engines
77-79 kWh battery, 135-185 kW DC charging, 11 kW AC charging

Rear-wheel and four-wheel drive

2,100-2,200 kg

I like it, but can't see how it will sell better than it sibling the Explorer.
Huh, interesting to see Ford reviving the Capri name for an EV. Looks pretty sleek, maybe they're hoping the Capri nostalgia factor will give it an edge?
Old 17 Sep 2024, 11:41 (Ref:4227275)   #669
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I think in this case it will backfire. The Mach E added to the end of Mustang meant everyone here just calls it a Mach E and not a Mustang at all. Capri was light nimble and fun, this is none of those things
Old 17 Sep 2024, 18:46 (Ref:4227306)   #670
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think in this case it will backfire. The Mach E added to the end of Mustang meant everyone here just calls it a Mach E and not a Mustang at all. Capri was light nimble and fun, this is none of those things
This Capri?

Old 17 Sep 2024, 23:57 (Ref:4227329)   #671
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
This Capri?

I don't think that is what he was referring to, but that is what I thought too!
Old 18 Sep 2024, 00:44 (Ref:4227334)   #672
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
This Capri?

I have chosen to delete that ever happening

Did know of a few with convenient rebadging, Dremel tool and you move the r to the correct location in the word
Old 18 Sep 2024, 06:53 (Ref:4227345)   #673
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
They should bring back the original Capri, the Consul we've been discussing about earlier. So original that they could not do with the building costs. Still, a great coupé. I think we never had the Merc cabriolet spotted here in F. No regret tho!
Edit: I think we gonna have an Australian PoV rather quickly!

Last edited by Gerard C; 18 Sep 2024 at 07:02.
Old 18 Sep 2024, 08:09 (Ref:4227350)   #674
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Surely this would be THE Capri:

Name:  Gp 2 Capri.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  26.5 KB
Old 18 Sep 2024, 10:13 (Ref:4227364)   #675
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Surely this would be THE Capri:

Attachment 81870
Indeed Mike.... that particular car is on my list of all time favourite race cars, especially those with the 3.4V6 Cosworth (GA?) engine. Actually I think that is Niki Lauda at the wheel in maybe 1974, .
(Niki was my hero at the time.)

I f memory serves me right, Niki had signed the Ford deal just prior to him agreeing terms with Enzo in F1 for 1974, and much to Enzo's dismay he had to honour Niki's contract with Ford forhis non F1 weekends. Happy to be corrected on the details but thats my memory.