Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 25 Mar 2022, 16:28 (Ref:4104264)   #676
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It would be strange if they don't race in WEC.
Old 25 Mar 2022, 19:41 (Ref:4104279)   #677
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!Coach Ep is going for a new lap record!
I can't help thinking the non Audi commitment is playing its part as well. Privateers interested in running LMDh with a preference for Audi aren't suddenly looking to go back to GT3 or whatever - they'll go shopping for a different 'provider'.
Old 5 Apr 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4105394)   #678
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes, I don’t think teams can afford to wait for Audi. There are plenty of other manufacturers who can provide them, rather than rely on Audi’s uncertain plans. It’s a no brainer
Old 5 Apr 2022, 14:56 (Ref:4105412)   #679
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Yes, I don’t think teams can afford to wait for Audi. There are plenty of other manufacturers who can provide them, rather than rely on Audi’s uncertain plans. It’s a no brainer

I think audi lmdh is basically dead, they're too much focused on dakar and the 2025/2026 f1 engine program. But anyway I don't think this is going to be a big issues for teams since I don't think it will exist a real customer program for lmdh... it barely existed for dpi actually.
Old 5 Apr 2022, 17:39 (Ref:4105424)   #680
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
I think audi lmdh is basically dead, they're too much focused on dakar and the 2025/2026 f1 engine program. But anyway I don't think this is going to be a big issues for teams since I don't think it will exist a real customer program for lmdh... it barely existed for dpi actually.

It is quite a shame, the Audi LMDh car was plan to have its shake down a week after the news about Audi holding their LMDh program. It a bit like Peugeot years ago...
Old 5 Apr 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4105432)   #681
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tique View Post
It is quite a shame, the Audi LMDh car was plan to have its shake down a week after the news about Audi holding their LMDh program. It a bit like Peugeot years ago...

yeah, even if there is a really big difference... audi doesn't want, peugeot couldn't.
Old 16 Apr 2022, 18:10 (Ref:4107007)   #682
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I doubt we will see Audi anytime soon. Peugeot will probably be there before too long
Old 17 Apr 2022, 12:12 (Ref:4107047)   #683
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's in Dutch, so a short translation. Robin Frijns is comfirming Audi has stopped the Hypercar(LMdh) project. He get offers from other teams and has now to decide about his future: Formula E or Sportscars.

https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/dilem...-telefoontjes/
Old 17 Apr 2022, 18:34 (Ref:4107076)   #684
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard117 View Post
It's in Dutch, so a short translation. Robin Frijns is comfirming Audi has stopped the Hypercar(LMdh) project. He get offers from other teams and has now to decide about his future: Formula E or Sportscars.

https://www.formule1.nl/nieuws/dilem...-telefoontjes/
Hopefully sportscars.
Old 17 Apr 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4107081)   #685
S griffin
Veteran

He’s got more to gain by going to Sportscars
Old 17 Apr 2022, 22:36 (Ref:4107094)   #686
canaglia
Veteran

Always had the idea that drivers earn much more driving in formula e than running in GT and/or lmp2, frijns drives for virgin which is the last team left that uses the audi electric motor, don't know how rock solid is his position inside the team since they're going to use jaguar motor for 2023. Anyway, shame that f1 and dakar programs engulfed the lmdh program, considering also that supporting WRT WEC program aside, at worst audi main effort would had been the one to design and produce some stickers/badge to apply on the porsche lmdh...
Old 18 Apr 2022, 09:42 (Ref:4107126)   #687
S griffin
Veteran

I'm not sure they earn more in Formula E, there's a lot of money in Sportscars. Besides there's more prestige in sportscar racing too. I think Frinjs would be better off in sportscars.

Anyway the Audi F1 program isn't 100% confirmed, they haven't got a team for example. They probably just felt they didn't feel ready to go to the WEC.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4107130)   #688
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I'm not sure they earn more in Formula E, there's a lot of money in Sportscars. Besides there's more prestige in sportscar racing too. I think Frinjs would be better off in sportscars.

Anyway the Audi F1 program isn't 100% confirmed, they haven't got a team for example. They probably just felt they didn't feel ready to go to the WEC.
I think formula e work teams of mercedes, nissan edams, porsche and audi and bmw one year ago pay their drivers much more than a lmp2 team, anyway it's not a secret VW is developing a 2025/2026 f1 engine since it was the one who more pushed for the ban of mgu-h, which FIA decided to actually ban at the end. Porsche is negotiating with redbull, audi with mclaren. Despite their recent succesfull history in sportscars, audi doesn't care at all of LM or prototypes anymore.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 15:52 (Ref:4107159)   #689
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I'm starting to think that Audi Sport at LM (aside from GT3 cars) went out the window after both Wolfgang Ullrich and Dieter Gass retired.
Old 18 Apr 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4107162)   #690
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I'm starting to think that Audi Sport at LM (aside from GT3 cars) went out the window after both Wolfgang Ullrich and Dieter Gass retired.

At the end is all about marketing strategies, audi is little by little shifting to a full electric brand, an electric car winning dakar works much better than a le mans car for this purpose.
Which is however a half truth since their dakar car is powered by an electric motor, which in turn is powered by... the gasoline dtm engine .
Old 12 May 2022, 08:11 (Ref:4109716)   #691
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On the latest episode of TWISC there was a suggestion that Iron Lynx could switch to running Lamborghini's Hypercar and GTs. Did I hear that right?
Old 12 May 2022, 12:31 (Ref:4109742)   #692
S griffin
Veteran

Wouldn't surprise me, Lamborghini have made hints of a bigger programme
Old 12 May 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4109768)   #693
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the latest in the BMW LMDh video series talks about engine development:
https://youtu.be/ZfVH4JhPb8U

Cool images from the factory. Goal is to send all the race engines to the US by November. I wasn't clear if that would be to start the testing program, or if that will be happening prior.
Old 12 May 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4109771)   #694
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thanks for that!
So it's a turbo V8 of about 4 litres, based on the normally aspirated DTM engine, and it sounds pretty good in the test cell.
I hope it isn't as muffled as their recent GT engines have been when it's in the car.
Old 12 May 2022, 22:03 (Ref:4109774)   #695
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
On the latest episode of TWISC there was a suggestion that Iron Lynx could switch to running Lamborghini's Hypercar and GTs. Did I hear that right?
You did. With Prema also being thrown into the mix for the LMDh programme. It sounded like multiple sources were saying that the LMDh piece is all but confirmed - while the GT3 part is a logical assumption at this point.

One thing I wasn't clear on is whether Prema/Iron Lynx would take a lead role in running the Lambo as the defacto factory outfit, or whether they'd be a major customer team?

It so often flatters to deceive but SURELY 2022 Le Mans race week is going to contain some big announcements.
Old 12 May 2022, 22:28 (Ref:4109777)   #696
canaglia
Veteran

lambo lmdh is the rumored ligier manufactured car?
I actually never understood if m4 dtm NA engine was a bespoke one or derivated from road s65... provided it was actually a bmw engine since audi used for about 20 years a rebranded honda-mugen engine in their dtm cars.
Old 13 May 2022, 06:08 (Ref:4109792)   #697
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
lambo lmdh is the rumored ligier manufactured car?
I actually never understood if m4 dtm NA engine was a bespoke one or derivated from road s65... provided it was actually a bmw engine since audi used for about 20 years a rebranded honda-mugen engine in their dtm cars.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_...P66_(2012-2016)
Old 15 May 2022, 16:15 (Ref:4110092)   #698
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are we expecting in top class at le mans in 2023 now? Is it :
Toyota
Peugeot
Ferrari
Porsche
Glickenhaus
Old 15 May 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4110098)   #699
tomcug
Veteran

tomcug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also Cadillac, Acura and BMW, with the last 2 racing in North America only afaik. There are some rumors about Lamborghini's prototype in cooperation with Ligier as well.
Old 15 May 2022, 16:44 (Ref:4110099)   #700
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
What are we expecting in top class at le mans in 2023 now? Is it :
Toyota
Peugeot
Ferrari
Porsche
Glickenhaus
Correct! Plus 1-2 Cadillacs