Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Closed Thread

Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:27 (Ref:1170180)   #7201
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I haven't been on this thread for months, but I was interested in the Lime Rock Challenge posted a couple pages back.

To describe the topography of Lime Rock, It sits in a natural basin surrounded by steep wooded hills. Part of the character of the track is dependant upon the verdant backdrop of the hills opposite. This is the very area that the original proposed extension was to wind up and down. I would be very careful about the impact of future development into this area-it would be worse than the logging done at Hockenheim for the revised track there.

Also, the area beyond the Big Bend into which the main straight is extended is very swampy-run off control and retention ponds would be crucial to control water across the track. The last three turns of the existing track should be left alone, they're amazing-the first a climbing uphill that nearly gets cars airborne and the last two a sweeper into a plunging downhill that's like a rollercoaster. All that said, I think your schemes are interesting and I've alwys wished that Lime Rock were longer. 1.53 miles is a very short lap.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:34 (Ref:1170188)   #7202
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lime rock is one of those tracks where it should be longer but how the hell do you extend it without killing the nature of the track ..... the only ponds i see from this picture (whichis on the offical website) are over the back not the first corner ....

http://www.endurancekarting.com/sche..._Track_Map.jpg

Last edited by Mike_Wooshy; 2 Dec 2004 at 20:36.
Old 2 Dec 2004, 20:37 (Ref:1170193)   #7203
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 2 Dec 2004, 22:03 (Ref:1170330)   #7204
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Figure you guys make a Lime Rock challenge during the time I'm away!

This is my first post in a looong time, I just wanted to comment about your modifications to my home track

Lustig,your "Mountain circuit" portion of the track (the entirely new section) I cannot comment on as I haven't traveled into those woods, but I can tell you that making that would require the re-routing of a stream.
The modified corner in the lower-left portion of the existing track could not be done without some ground work-that section would be banked about 15 degrees - off-camber.
That tightening of West Bend (left-most corner) is just wrong-that is one of the best corners on the track.
The modifictions at the bottom of the hill (top-left)are doable, but there's not really reason for them-that is already a dangerous corner, changing it to that won't stop those who fudge the braking from careening into the hillside. Plus, the pitlane extension (although needed) and modification of that corner would require some movement of paddock pavement. Your runoff areas on the last part of the track are pretty impossible as well-again because of a stream/marsh.

f1freak, your first mod would as well require the movement of a stream (and some marshy areas), and your second is doable I think, but it cuts out a chunk of the RV/camping area, and cuts out the section of track which the bridge goes over, rendering it useless.

And EERO is correct on the location of water bodies-that map is made by a company used to doing amusement parks, not race tracks. But if they were on the map, they'd be right behind the scoreboard, where the trees are.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 4 Dec 2004, 13:02 (Ref:1170525)   #7205
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good track TR
Old 5 Dec 2004, 12:40 (Ref:1171282)   #7206
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gracias, P .

I see avatars made it's entry inhere. Funny, ya get a whole different picture of people, just seeing that little picture .
Old 5 Dec 2004, 16:15 (Ref:1171421)   #7207
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i take it non of you saw my track ???
Old 5 Dec 2004, 16:22 (Ref:1171425)   #7208
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I saw it. I don't like the section at the end of the lap much. The rest is pretty fast though
Old 5 Dec 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1171426)   #7209
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
cool thanks man yer the last bit is a bit tight.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1171551)   #7210
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...47#post1170247

Mac lives!

I haven't seen him around on these forums for a very long time...
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:14 (Ref:1171552)   #7211
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
lol yer, hope he can come over and do some tracks.
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1171560)   #7212
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
It's a nice track, Wooshy, but as P stated, perhaps a bit scrawny at the end of the lap there .

Hm... I wonder if mac has known about us praising him like some kind of god, for starting this thread.

St.Mike of MyTracks? .
Old 5 Dec 2004, 19:34 (Ref:1171569)   #7213
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol-we really must pull him back on here sometime, at least for the next My Tracks raceway...
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:35 (Ref:1171808)   #7214
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I love the new setup! ... wow ... guys like my avatar?
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:40 (Ref:1171813)   #7215
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
anyone know what the green square means/indicates? (underneath your country flag)
Old 5 Dec 2004, 23:40 (Ref:1171814)   #7216
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Your reputation
Old 6 Dec 2004, 10:36 (Ref:1172142)   #7217
Lustigson
Veteran

Netherlands
Huizen
Lustigson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The avatars are great. Though a bit large, I must admit. I kept mine quite small -- it's the size allowed at the AtlasF1 Forum.

The little reputation thing is kind of weird. It seems all of us have the same rep. But that could be due to the fact that the news site has only just opened.
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:01 (Ref:1172326)   #7218
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
My thought too, Lustig. The names are to large too...
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:02 (Ref:1172328)   #7219
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
But me luuuuvs them flags .
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:06 (Ref:1172337)   #7220
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
me to, it adds some national pride ... maybe ...
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:22 (Ref:1172364)   #7221
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Heh .

Well, since everybody seems to have jumped on the name/nick-avatar-bug, i decided to do so too .
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:26 (Ref:1172374)   #7222
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
hehehehe mines just the linux pengiun "tux"
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:30 (Ref:1172382)   #7223
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
does anyone wanna create another MTRaceway? ... using the box method ... i enjoyed contributing with the 3 previous versions ...
And whats happening with the TIIMCDT ... The International Independent Motorracing Circuit Design Team ... are we going to submit a handle or are we just gunna stay as a group of buddies on an internet site !
Old 6 Dec 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1172389)   #7224
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
well i like the idea .... but we need to talk about it and stuff, see where each of us see what we would like to happen and, lots of other stuff BUT id be down if everyone else is .
Old 6 Dec 2004, 15:39 (Ref:1172482)   #7225
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Well, the next MyTracks Raceway (MTRp3) should be posted as the 7500th post. I suggest we use the "old" method, as that is more of a cooperative version. Also, it keeps the line from the two first MTR's (My Tracks Raceway and Autodromo Michele Alboreto).

Now, some people must think, "well, why isnt it a good idea to change the method?". Well, MTR is all about traditions, and showing the créme de la créme of the moment, thus being posted at milestone posts (alright, MTRp1 wasnt posted at post 2500, but close). I reckon the old method is far better for this, as we discuss the track more. The "new" version is more like "everybody submits a piece, and we'll hope it'll end up well". Now, somebody must have the idea, to make the original scratch in the new method, and afterwards editing it using the old method. This wouldnt be good. The original scratch has to be of a fair standard, otherwise, it's gonna take way too long and be far to difficult to reach the final track . The next milestone is by this system the 7500 post mark, currently 276 posts away. I'd budget at around 200 posts to make the MTR, so yes, we should get started soon.

As Lustigson and Pirenzo made the original scratch for MTRp1 and MTRp2 respectively, i nominate f1freak for the task of drawing the original scratch, as a reward for putting up and maintaining our 'showroom' - fantasytracks.2ya.com, and because i know he really wants to . I dont think anybody disagrees with me on this? .

I'll suggest to you, freak, that you start working on the scratch soon, this way we'll have a lot of time, and wont have to worry about going past the 7500. Last time we had to halt the thread for a day .

In my opinion, the final graphics task should be given to either Lustig or P, given that they're the best graphic artists of us. And y'all agree, that for this créme de la créme track, we need the créme de la créme graphics .

For those of you relatively unfamiliar with the proces of making a MTR, heres a bit of information.

The chosen maker of the original scratch, posts an official scratch. This should be done in an easy-see-easy-edit graphic view, making editing easier. Editing is now free-for-all for some time, and gradually we'll combine different parts, and talk "around the table" to find the perfect solutions. We'll make all parts of the proces - the initial editing, the combination-proces of the different parts, and the track- and corner namings - cover a somewhat large timespan, so that everybody around the globe gets a chance to add his/her comments (At the first MTR it ended up being almost only the europeans taking the final decisions ). It usually takes around a week to complete a MTR. After this, the graphicist will make the final graphics and someone will make a description. The track will then be posted as the 7500th post in this thread, and afterwards at fantasytracks.2ya.com .

Last edited by the_royksopp; 6 Dec 2004 at 15:44.