Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Mar 2005, 17:34 (Ref:1239244)   #51
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A renewed entry list was released today. Find it here:
http://www.planetlemans.com/index.ph...d=733&Itemid=2

The entry list shows a Pescarolo car in P1 now and two new Porkers in GT2...It's still provisional.

Last edited by EliseGT1; 1 Mar 2005 at 17:35.
Old 1 Mar 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1239250)   #52
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Good to hear from you Frank !
Old 1 Mar 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1239394)   #53
EliseGT1
Racer

EliseGT1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Good to hear from you Frank !
Yeah, same for me Fab. Good to be back. Let me tell you that I'm still very into sportscar racing, but some other things take up lots of time. This is why I don't post very much here...

The main reason for not being here so much is: my wife (yes, wife since Sophia and I married in New York august 27th last year) is expecting our first baby. You will never guess when it should come. Yes ! On the 17th of June this year. How could we have planned it better (grrrrrrr). Anyway, babies never are born on the day doctors tell you, so let's assume there's still some hope for Le Mans. Otherwise I'll go to the preliminaires...I liked it last year. Will you be there ?
Old 2 Mar 2005, 04:45 (Ref:1239667)   #54
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EliseGT1
The main reason for not being here so much is: my wife (yes, wife since Sophia and I married in New York august 27th last year) is expecting our first baby. You will never guess when it should come. Yes ! On the 17th of June this year. How could we have planned it better (grrrrrrr). Anyway, babies never are born on the day doctors tell you, so let's assume there's still some hope for Le Mans.
I'm sorry to say that my girls are always the priority, even against Le Mans ! Good to have you soon in the "fathers club", congrats !

Quote:
Otherwise I'll go to the preliminaires...I liked it last year. Will you be there ?
You don't need to ask ! Friday morning, 8am in the pitlane !
Old 2 Mar 2005, 04:46 (Ref:1239668)   #55
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
... and back to topic, Pescarolo announced its line-up for Spa : Collard-Boullion (Infocourse).

Last edited by Fab; 2 Mar 2005 at 04:50.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:00 (Ref:1239851)   #56
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw the #7 entry below of John Nielsen. Do we know what livery the car is likely to have? Is this a hybrid or a 2003 spec chassis?

"7 LMP1 Zytek Motorsport John Nielsen, Casper Elgaard, Hayanari Shimoda Zytek 04S"
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:03 (Ref:1239858)   #57
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
I'm guessing that it will be the Danish flag livery with Den Bla Avis sponsorship that featured on the Lister last year when Big John drove it.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:12 (Ref:1239870)   #58
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
By the way, does anyone know about how one of the Rollcentre Dallaras came to have a Nissan unit in it? Is there official or sub rosa NISMO involvement? And is it the same unit that the JGTC Skylines uses?
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:22 (Ref:1239882)   #59
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
I'm guessing that it will be the Danish flag livery with Den Bla Avis sponsorship that featured on the Lister last year when Big John drove it.
Doh! I almost forgot this obvious one although the 2003 livery is nice too:
Old 2 Mar 2005, 10:26 (Ref:1239887)   #60
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Terry, this car+livery is one of my favourite ever...
Old 2 Mar 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1239928)   #61
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC
Saw the #7 entry below of John Nielsen.... Is this a hybrid or a 2003 spec chassis?

"7 LMP1 Zytek Motorsport John Nielsen, Casper Elgaard, Hayanari Shimoda Zytek 04S"
Zytek have never been very forthcoming with information about the '04S'!There have been no rumours about a hybrid version, so assume it will be the 2004 spec car with 2005 penalties for cars built to LMP675 specifications.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1239937)   #62
Frango
Rookie

Italy
Milano
Frango should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:

The main reason for not being here so much is: my wife (yes, wife since Sophia and I married in New York august 27th last year) is expecting our first baby. You will never guess when it should come. Yes ! On the 17th of June this year.
Good!!! He will grow as a strong sportscar enthusiast and as birthday present he don't will desire anithing else than coming with you at LM!!!
Old 2 Mar 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1239939)   #63
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Spot On!

fingers crossed my lad will be coming to Le Mans this year for the first time since 2000 - I first took him in 1995 at the age of 7
Old 2 Mar 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1240017)   #64
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Hi all,

Interesting thread this one, nice to see the Zytek beauty getting some attention.

Question is what do you think will be the outcome of the race?

I am a bit bias but all my money is on a Zytek (Nielson etc) pole and then finish 1st by over 10 seconds no problem (as long as they are not punted off!!) I think that the Creation, although arguably more reliable with their new Judd engine simply will not have the speed to challenge the Zytek, althought they will still be fast. I think that they will take P2 in qual and race. Mebbe a Pesc cruising in 3rd.

It promises to be a great race.

PS about the livery of the Zytek i imagine it will be similar to the 2003 DBA or mebbe something like Nielsens or Elgaards Touring Car colours. To be honest i thought the car looked stunning in the gloss black last year.

Last edited by I love 04s; 2 Mar 2005 at 13:01.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1240020)   #65
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
If ORECA turn up, I have a sneaking suspicion that they'll win.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1240078)   #66
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
By the way, does anyone know about how one of the Rollcentre Dallaras came to have a Nissan unit in it? Is there official or sub rosa NISMO involvement? And is it the same unit that the JGTC Skylines uses?
Yes. Not me, though. Graham might have more he could share.

Yes. I believe it's overt.

Yes. The restrictors are even already approximately correct for 2005 LM(ES) P900 rules. They could be opened up for P1 or ALMS...

Now if we could just get some other GT500 engines into cars...

Last edited by paul-collins; 2 Mar 2005 at 14:07.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 2 Mar 2005, 14:11 (Ref:1240085)   #67
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It is indeed going to be a fascinating race. So may unknowns.

To what extent will the penalties effect the Audi's lap times and those of the Zytek/Creation cars? Can Rollcentre be ignored? And then the hybrids. Will a Pesca, Courage or Dome lap quicker than the penalised LMP's?

My gut feeling is the factory Zytek will be quickest in the LMES races with Creation most likely to challenge the Audi's at Le Mans. But with reliability being a real Zytek issue, it's hard to back them with any confidence........
Old 2 Mar 2005, 16:07 (Ref:1240183)   #68
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
This is true but i think with all the testing for their A1 GP engine (same as teh 04s) i would hope its pretty much bulletproof.

As for Oreca, they have to dd 50kgs, 10 litres smaller fuel tank AND much smaller air intake, last years Creation car was faster than the Audi without these restrictions, the Zytek is 2 secs faster a lap than 2004 Creation around Silverstone, surey this points to Zytek being fastest by a serious amount???

I do agree it will be interesting to see how the hybrids get along, i simply cannot see anyone beating the Zytek for pace though.

The test at Paul Ricard will speak volumes for this though.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 16:32 (Ref:1240210)   #69
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
The test at Paul Ricard will speak volumes for this though.
Should be extremely interesting to see how it compares to the dominant R8s.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1240295)   #70
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If an Audi starts then an Audi wins - otherwise I would say a convincing pole & first half of the race for Zyteks before they drop out & leave Pescarolo & Gainer to fight it out.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1240593)   #71
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No question the Zyteks are serious machinery and v.v quick. Don't forget the Team Jota Zytek. As the season progressed (2004) the team seemed to improve with every race. Perhaps, not a winner just yet but could be incontention for a podium!

I hope there aren't any Audi's. Reasoning that the race will be closer and making it difficult to pin point a winner.

Come what may I shall be there Friday, Saturday & Sunday and returning Monday and I can't wait.
Old 2 Mar 2005, 23:29 (Ref:1240606)   #72
marcush.
Racer

Equatorial Guinea
Bad Ems /Germany
marcush. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the new regs for 05 ,weight adding ,restrictors and therĀ“s enough fuel for thought...
Zytek was quick last year but should have been quicker given the weight advantage they claimed to have and the strong engine combined with the Michelin rubber.
Looking at the Jota Zytek it was obvious what the tyre made in lap time when they switched to Michelin for the final two rounds.
Creation surely has had good reason not to go the easy route and bolt in the new spec engine complete with cooling package and installation radily available.Going all thru all the hassle with new Bellhousing ,electrics,electronics,cooling lubrication ,mounts etc must have cost a fortune with the added risk of building in weak links.On the other hand the works Zytek failed to finish LM due to engine failure ,same with Creation at PLM...the smaller restrictor now mandated may be another problem for the Zytek V8.....
Old 3 Mar 2005, 04:21 (Ref:1240723)   #73
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
J K-W and Minass' tested the Creation Zytek by 12 under at Magny Cours ; 80 laps accomplished on the freezed track (Report by Laurent on Infocourse).
Old 3 Mar 2005, 10:36 (Ref:1240974)   #74
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
J K-W and Minass' tested the Creation Zytek by 12 under at Magny Cours ; 80 laps accomplished on the freezed track (Report by Laurent on Infocourse).
I don't think Nic and Jamie enjoyed the experience very much!! Sounds like they spent the day wishing they'd signed for a team with a tintop.
Old 3 Mar 2005, 16:27 (Ref:1241298)   #75
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Yipeeeee!!

Zytek have just released information to Autosport that they have entered Le Mans as a works team, not through backing Jota. With this they have also confirmed thier complete entry into the entire LMES series as well as the Paul Ricard test day..

All i can say is look out Creation and Audi.

PS. Andy Wallace has signed with Creation for Le Mans as well.