Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 8 May 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2196900)   #51
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Dont think any Euro GT teams, GT2 or GT1 have the budget to cross the Atlantic and race more then just Sebring. If the team was not at Sebring, their not coming to the US to race.

Big budget P1 and P2 teams is different. Would love to see the 908 at Road Atanta for Peit.
I agree, a Pug at Road Atlanta would be very exciting! Might even get me to go this year!

DK
Old 8 May 2008, 14:47 (Ref:2196920)   #52
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AU N EGL
Dont think any Euro GT teams, GT2 or GT1 have the budget to cross the Atlantic and race more then just Sebring. If the team was not at Sebring, their not coming to the US to race.

Big budget P1 and P2 teams is different. Would love to see the 908 at Road Atanta for Peit.
Yes, GT would be a veeeery long shot, LMP2s and potentially LMP1s are for sure crossing over.
Old 9 May 2008, 13:47 (Ref:2197611)   #53
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really hope we get a few Euro entries for PLM/LS. I'm moving to Cali next week, and I missed Long Beach, so LS will likely be my only race of the year (and the historics )
Old 9 May 2008, 14:26 (Ref:2197643)   #54
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
mattcat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My post was not directed solely at the GT classes, but the series in general. Personally, since I go to Petit every year, I like to see as many cars show up as possible. Usually a couple Zyteks and a Creation show up in the Proto classes, maybe even Peugeot will show this year (yes, I am aware that they need no help from IMSA). My point was that this could begin to extend to those classes which could discourage those teams from showing.
Old 9 May 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2197662)   #55
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Second Vici Porsche added to entry list.
Old 9 May 2008, 15:15 (Ref:2197666)   #56
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
My post was not directed solely at the GT classes, but the series in general. Personally, since I go to Petit every year, I like to see as many cars show up as possible. Usually a couple Zyteks and a Creation show up in the Proto classes, maybe even Peugeot will show this year (yes, I am aware that they need no help from IMSA). My point was that this could begin to extend to those classes which could discourage those teams from showing.
So, you are speculating that Zytek or Creation might not show up, because Autocon (a Creation), or Intersport might get a rules break?

I think you seriously misunderestimate Zytek or Creation, if they were to be scared off by Autocon or Intersport, or anybody else for that matter. These teams are competitors, who wish to measure themselves against the best.

You do understand that they already do get a rules break right? You do understand that it was written to equally benefit Creation, Lola and Zytek chassis right (and likely any other non-diesel chassis if they asked)?
Old 9 May 2008, 15:42 (Ref:2197678)   #57
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
You do understand that they already do get a rules break right? You do understand that it was written to equally benefit Creation, Lola and Zytek chassis right (and likely any other non-diesel chassis if they asked)?
As a matter of fact, no, I did not realise that Creation, Lola, or Zytek received any rules breaks from IMSA. If that is the case, then I would hope that, as you alluded to, such rules would extend to any other non-deisel chassis that entered. If that is the case and the rules are the same for everyone who is not Audi or Peugeot, then I have no problem with it. I just don't want to see certain petrol cars receive advantages because they run the full (or majority of the) season with IMSA.
Old 9 May 2008, 16:10 (Ref:2197688)   #58
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcat
If that is the case, then I would hope that, as you alluded to, such rules would extend to any other non-deisel chassis that entered. If that is the case and the rules are the same for everyone who is not Audi or Peugeot, then I have no problem with it. I just don't want to see certain petrol cars receive advantages because they run the full (or majority of the) season with IMSA.
Others were not added, as they haven't run here, and there is no reason to expect, or hope that they will anytime soon. Being fearful that teams who have never expressed an interest in coming, might not in the future is a bit of wasted time isn't it?
Old 9 May 2008, 16:15 (Ref:2197694)   #59
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Others were not added, as they haven't run here, and there is no reason to expect, or hope that they will anytime soon. Being fearful that teams who have never expressed an interest in coming, might not in the future is a bit of wasted time isn't it?
Yes it is!

L.P.
Old 9 May 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2197711)   #60
mattcat
Veteran

United States
West Palm Beach, FL
Quote:
Being fearful that teams who have never expressed an interest in coming, might not in the future is a bit of wasted time isn't it?
It was a hypothetical situation...I didn't say it would happen this year...
Old 9 May 2008, 17:47 (Ref:2197740)   #61
Ryan
Rookie

United States
Wisconsin
Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will Cytosport be back after Le Mans?

What ever happened to Tim Pappas? I thought I read something about him and a Ford.
Old 10 May 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2198354)   #62
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan
Will Cytosport be back after Le Mans?

What ever happened to Tim Pappas? I thought I read something about him and a Ford.
I think we should see Pappas' Ford debut @ Lime Rock. And AFAIK, Cytosport should be back for Lime Rock or Mid Ohio, but with rumored financial/business problems for Pickett, who knows...
Old 10 May 2008, 17:18 (Ref:2198364)   #63
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Ford Gt?
Old 10 May 2008, 17:28 (Ref:2198366)   #64
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
Another Ford Gt?
yep
Old 10 May 2008, 18:08 (Ref:2198381)   #65
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMUCarGuy
I think we should see Pappas' Ford debut @ Lime Rock. And AFAIK, Cytosport should be back for Lime Rock or Mid Ohio, but with rumored financial/business problems for Pickett, who knows...
The issue with Pickett and finances is that he is to busy making money to take the time to play! There are no problems, per se, with money.

L.P.
Old 10 May 2008, 19:51 (Ref:2198421)   #66
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
The issue with Pickett and finances is that he is to busy making money to take the time to play! There are no problems, per se, with money.

L.P.
Do you know if they're still planning to run the 2nd half of the ALMS season, or at least some of it?
Old 12 May 2008, 11:56 (Ref:2200002)   #67
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=5570&thold=0

How come AGR are not on the entry list ?
Old 12 May 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2200054)   #68
vorsprung
Veteran

vorsprung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
http://www.endurance-info.com/articl...d=5570&thold=0

How come AGR are not on the entry list ?
#20 Dyson is listed twice on that list. AGR is on official entry list.
Old 12 May 2008, 12:46 (Ref:2200072)   #69
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers ..... didnt see that at all .
Old 12 May 2008, 14:40 (Ref:2200197)   #70
Subaru_WRX_STi
Veteran

Tunisia
Ariana, Tunisia
Subaru_WRX_STi has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the last race before Le Mans !
the new track configuration is it longer or not ? I hope that the LMP2 will do well, the long straight is matching the Audi P1 power
Old 12 May 2008, 15:09 (Ref:2200223)   #71
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 'outer' course is about 1.5mi shorter than the full course - 3mi to 4.4mi.
Old 12 May 2008, 15:37 (Ref:2200236)   #72
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Does anyone think that Audi will run the bridge wing on the R10 that Joest used at Spa?
Old 12 May 2008, 16:42 (Ref:2200278)   #73
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi
Does anyone think that Audi will run the bridge wing on the R10 that Joest used at Spa?
Well with this being the last race for Audi to gather data before Le Mans and what appeared to be a success from the new bodywork at Spa and given that MMP will be run in the perimeter "highspeed' layout, then yes, I would. With the possibility of other aero adjustments also.

L.P.
Old 12 May 2008, 17:07 (Ref:2200293)   #74
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Might run the low drag setup from Monza as well in prep for LM. Track looks to be fast and sweeping enough for P1 to stretch their legs esp being turbo'd at that altitude. http://www.millermotorsportspark.com...uterCourse.jpg
Hope GA doesn't go long for us US based fans, back-to-back sportscars on SPEED all day.
Old 13 May 2008, 06:57 (Ref:2200732)   #75
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
GA's races are timed like ALMS races, just hope that the Nextel All Star race doesn't get rained out, or it gets shown of FX or Fox if it does.

But MMP has enough corners on it that Audi probaby will run a set up similar to Spa or Road America or Mosport.