Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jan 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2608963)   #51
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Normally it just gave the guys who were in front the chance to get even further ahead. The guys who had the best cars in qualifying were then able to have the best cars in the race.
So it was the same as it is now then? OK.

It always strikes me that you are against two things that provide a bit of interest, free reign of setup and tyre variety (we need three manufacturers). I have no option but to conclude you are Max Mosley.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 16:36 (Ref:2608972)   #52
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
So it was the same as it is now then? OK.

It always strikes me that you are against two things that provide a bit of interest, free reign of setup and tyre variety (we need three manufacturers). I have no option but to conclude you are Max Mosley.
I agree that we need more than two tyre manufacturers to provide some proper variation, and it wouldn't bother me at all if the teams built seperate cars for qualifying and the race as long as they managed it within a budget. In fact it wouldn't bother me how they won a race as long as they did it within a budget.

And No! I am not Max Mosley!
Old 6 Jan 2010, 16:43 (Ref:2608975)   #53
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
I think one tyre is fine, however what I would have liked is for wider rear tyres with a larger diameter also.

Just give them a soft, medium and hard compound to choose from and let them race.
Old 6 Jan 2010, 17:20 (Ref:2608992)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I agree that we need more than two tyre manufacturers to provide some proper variation, and it wouldn't bother me at all if the teams built seperate cars for qualifying and the race as long as they managed it within a budget. In fact it wouldn't bother me how they won a race as long as they did it within a budget.

And No! I am not Max Mosley!
Old 7 Jan 2010, 05:42 (Ref:2609254)   #55
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
1. More comments from drivers and pit crew during the race
2. Educate TV director to replay ALL passes during races that are not caught first time out live.
3. Get rid of grid penalties all together and finedrivers instead or have points taken away from their championship.
4. Less use of safety car especially during the rain and especially at the start of a race.
5. Get rid of pitstops all together and force drivers to pass on the track
6. Less run off area so that drivers can respect the track
7. Get rid of Valencia GP, Turkey GP, even Barcelona GP which always seem to be boring races
8. More driver interviews (those that didn't finish) during the race
9. More shots of beautiful women instead of that Hamilton guy in McLaren pitbox
10. Cheaper tickets !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 7 Jan 2010, 10:51 (Ref:2609354)   #56
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Improve F1?

Don't allow Schumacher to return. It's like returning to an ex with a borderline personality disorder and egomaniacal tendacies - ya just don't do it.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 13:51 (Ref:2609473)   #57
rayburn
Racer

United Kingdom
rayburn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Please, please can we have an ejector seat for J. Legard, preferably to be operated by me by remote control.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 14:16 (Ref:2609500)   #58
csirl
Racer

csirl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should allow customer cars and anyone with a legal car should be allowed turn up and attempt to qualify for any race (through Friday pre-qual if required).
Old 8 Jan 2010, 07:58 (Ref:2609885)   #59
DDTuttle
Rookie

DDTuttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve Matchett had a great idea. The lack of testing is gumming up the works. Why not have a Thursday tests session like Friday's. The teams are already there, with the cars ready to go. You could sell some tickets and TV coverage and each team would have a day to try things then fix it overnight and try again on friday. Reserve drivers would get some real seat time, and the cars would be more competitive.

As for passing, its about the amount of time you have in the breaking zone, which due the 5 g breaking is vanishingly small. Trying to out brake somebody gets you up to their side pod, which is not a pass.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 18:37 (Ref:2610119)   #60
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No mandatory pitstops, maximum of 4 people in the pit lane during pit stops.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 19:20 (Ref:2610137)   #61
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
No mandatory pitstops,
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
maximum of 4 people in the pit lane during pit stops.
I assume that's two to jack the car up and just two changing the wheels?
Old 11 Jan 2010, 12:44 (Ref:2611577)   #62
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure if this has been posted but I thought this was quite nifty:

http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/

Selby
Old 11 Jan 2010, 12:56 (Ref:2611585)   #63
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Very good.

Have a sneaky look at the Ferrari!

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8039/ferrari2010b.jpg
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:03 (Ref:2611589)   #64
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Marbot, do me a favour mate, could you upload that image to here rather than an outside party? I work in a school and i'm victim of the ott filter system Would be much appreciated!

Selby
Old 11 Jan 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2611606)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Here you go!

Old 11 Jan 2010, 14:26 (Ref:2611645)   #66
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Well, the front certainly looks like a Red Bull, that's for sure.

Agggggg 'for sure'...!!! Save me!

Selby

PS - Thank you, Marbot!
Old 11 Jan 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2611851)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just as well I speak Italian.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 20:45 (Ref:2611858)   #68
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
So what if anything has the Formula 1 Sporting Working Group come up with to "improve the show"?

Nothing.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 20:46 (Ref:2611860)   #69
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
So what if anything has the Formula 1 Sporting Working Group come up with to "improve the show"?

Nothing.
They've only been around for a few weeks haven't they? Give them a season...
Old 11 Jan 2010, 20:51 (Ref:2611865)   #70
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Well, refuelling is banned, which for me is the single most important thing they could have done. No more hub-caps is also good, both from an aero POV and aesthetically.

But the fact that there are few changes is because change costs money and FOTA wanted a stable set of regulations and that's pretty much what they've got.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2611869)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
They've only been around for a few weeks haven't they? Give them a season...
Not exactly! It was they who came up with the 2009 regulations.....and they 'chickened out' basicly.
Old 11 Jan 2010, 21:26 (Ref:2611894)   #72
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Quote:
Well, refuelling is banned, which for me is the single most important thing they could have done. No more hub-caps is also good, both from an aero POV and aesthetically.

But the fact that there are few changes is because change costs money and FOTA wanted a stable set of regulations and that's pretty much what they've got.
Yes, but all that was decided 6 months ago.

The date of that article was last month, which implies that they were aiming for "something else" to be introduced before the season is underway.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 01:13 (Ref:2612003)   #73
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Yes, but all that was decided 6 months ago.

The date of that article was last month, which implies that they were aiming for "something else" to be introduced before the season is underway.
There's plenty of time left then to decide that F1 would be far more exciting with only a tiny fraction of the downforce they currently have. I won't hold my breath on that one, however.
Old 12 Jan 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2612117)   #74
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
This is sort of related:

http://www.crash.net/f1/news/155904/...ts_boring.html

Interesting interview with Sutil on the current circuits on the calendar.

Selby
Old 12 Jan 2010, 16:34 (Ref:2612253)   #75
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Kinda not related, but I want to have a moan about the cars likely increase in wheelbase.

The cars are already long and thin, it my opinion that single seaters - like their sportcar cousins, should be short and wide, when actually F1 cars now have the proportions of something looking like a bus.