Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:21 (Ref:1503308)   #51
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I guess I'm in a minority here, but I quite like the livery...the middle/engine section of the car looks well weird and messy though, judging from the side-on pics on the track.

Let's see how it performs....
Old 17 Jan 2006, 19:44 (Ref:1503325)   #52
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The livery is fine. No great surprises.

The car seems fine. No great surprises.

I cannot say I was ever expecting anything from it all....but there you go.

I thought it had been established for sometime that Sauber was going to be used in the name of the team.

The "broken back" style of the run from the airbox has been about since.....was it 2003/2004? I seem to remember it first appearing on a Ferrari. It was in that case for enabling better packaging and stuff as I recall.

I'd think that BMW will be looking at sneaking into lower points on a good and/or lucky day. Much like Sauber.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1503339)   #53
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe to begin the season Dutton, but hopefully better as the season progresses. My optimistic side will settle for a single podium in the first half of '06.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:11 (Ref:1503340)   #54
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis B.
Dear Louis B.

Have a look to this site if you want some comfort on the car's improvements on the chassis side: http://www.formula1.com/news/3918.html Obviously, this is PR stuff but, I am confident, the experts of this learned forum will explain give you more input as to whether this beauty is in fact a serious contender.

Keep on posting Louis, I love your posts.

Are you OK?

The car looks good - apart from the fact that it seems all the cars this year are going to look like greyhound dogs tripping over. The disappearing rear-ends are quite odd.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:47 (Ref:1503364)   #55
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't mind the livery to be honest. It's clean and simple. Although, I agree with the comments regarding the side view.

As for the car design, if a modern day F1 car is judged on the number of aero bits protruding from the car, then the new Bimmer is a disappointment. Front wing looks pretty conservative to. Eh, we'll see how it goes. I wish them well though.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 20:53 (Ref:1503367)   #56
j_hampton2000
Rookie

j_hampton2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooops.....looks like their PR dept are a bit stuck in their old ways:

If you check out http://www.bmw-sauber-f1.com/en/index.html > News >Current News they're still calling themselves the BMW WilliamsF1 Team !!!!

"On Wednesday, the BMW WilliamsF1 Team will begin an extensive testing programme........"

Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:00 (Ref:1503372)   #57
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
now that is a sleek sexy looking car
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1503377)   #58
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Louis B. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_hampton2000

"On Wednesday, the BMW WilliamsF1 Team will begin an extensive testing programme........"

Someone will have to pay for this slip of the tongue. There is also the story of the published photograph of an old BMW turbo charged engine as being their new V8.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:11 (Ref:1503379)   #59
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo
now that is a sleek sexy looking car
I guess one gets used to it. I'm glad there is not too much aerobits. The smaller airbox entry makes the whole thing looks disproportionate but this is a consequence of the new engine.
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:17 (Ref:1503382)   #60
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logrence
Are you OK?
Sorry, I thought my problems of duplication of personality were well under control but it doesn't seem so. Too much emotion I guess...
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:19 (Ref:1503383)   #61
Louis B.
Veteran

Canada
home
Quote:
Sorry, I thought my problems of duplication of personality were well under control but it doesn't seem so. Too much emotion I guess...
Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:21 (Ref:1503384)   #62
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too much of something anyways...

Old 17 Jan 2006, 21:41 (Ref:1503398)   #63
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Looks nice overall...
Old 17 Jan 2006, 23:01 (Ref:1503436)   #64
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jacques has about 6 photos from the launch at his official site: http://www.jv-world.com
Old 17 Jan 2006, 23:25 (Ref:1503454)   #65
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Monster
I'm just sad that the car wont have the traditional FINA multi-coloured flag on the chassis somewhere...
the multi-coloured flag was originally a BMW graphic device
Old 17 Jan 2006, 23:27 (Ref:1503455)   #66
smoojie
Rookie

smoojie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting front suspension geometry with the top wishbones, is that the norm these days? Looks like they need to run a lot of camber with that setup.

How much time do you reckon they spent on designing that livery, so so boring and simple.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 00:35 (Ref:1503473)   #67
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I used to be a Skitzo,but we're both OK now.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 01:38 (Ref:1503492)   #68
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would like to see them try the colours reversed. All the blue lettering and bits white and all the white bits blue. Sort of like a photographic negative.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 02:08 (Ref:1503494)   #69
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe rossi
I guess I'm in a minority here, but I quite like the livery...the middle/engine section of the car looks well weird and messy though, judging from the side-on pics on the track.

Let's see how it performs....
So do I I also liked it in white with just a BMW badge on it's nose..
Old 18 Jan 2006, 02:09 (Ref:1503495)   #70
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Double post sorry..
Old 18 Jan 2006, 03:07 (Ref:1503505)   #71
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I think the paint job is very weak and the drivers suits is not at flash eitherbut the desgin looks good but safe
Old 18 Jan 2006, 04:11 (Ref:1503525)   #72
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
I would like to see them try the colours reversed. All the blue lettering and bits white and all the white bits blue. Sort of like a photographic negative.

exactly what Brabham BMW did withe the BT53. It looked much better. Often white cars look a bit 'privateer' in appearance
Old 18 Jan 2006, 04:29 (Ref:1503528)   #73
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man
What a daft question!

Because most guys at the team are leftovers from Sauber, and Peter Sauber himself has a consultary role in the new BMW team, so in honour of Peter Sauber they continued the use of the Sauber name.

Sauber, Sauber, Sauber...

they have to have someone to blame when they don't have succes with their own team
Old 18 Jan 2006, 05:02 (Ref:1503532)   #74
senna12
Veteran

senna12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The average Joe TV viewer might mistake it for a Williams. It would have looked nicer with dsg's suggestion of colour reversal. At least to distinguish itself from its former connection.
Old 18 Jan 2006, 07:09 (Ref:1503565)   #75
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seeing the Williams running in blue at the moment, that would lead to the opposite effect, wouldn't it?

I really hate the advertising plane on the airbox. It makes every car look clumsy behind the driver, I wish they'd drop that rule again.