Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Nov 2006, 04:56 (Ref:1765501)   #51
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabs_nsx
I will not complain about ch7.
Out of the mouths of babes.
Old 14 Nov 2006, 06:31 (Ref:1765528)   #52
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I will not complain about ch7.

I don't see pigs flying yet...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 14 Nov 2006, 15:03 (Ref:1765997)   #53
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
I will not make a single complain about ch7. I might make some coments but I will not complain. Would anyone here like to make a bet? The reason why I complain so much about ch10 is becasue they are meant to be our "home of Motor Sport" but they treat this sport and its fans like CRAP.

Anyone want to make a $50 bet???

Last edited by mabs_nsx; 14 Nov 2006 at 15:06.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 05:07 (Ref:1766402)   #54
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Channel Tens Motor SPort in 2007

includes Formula One (for the first time in HD), MotoGP, the World and Australian Rally Championships, and RPM. Good to see RPM is returning in 2007!

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/eblah/b-tv/m-1163561172/
Old 15 Nov 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1766890)   #55
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia

Channel 7
V8 Supercars
Formula Ford
??????? (30 minuet V8 Supercar show)

V8 Supercar Development Series
Carrera Cup
Aussie Racing Cars
Champcars (Indy 300 has been confirmed on ch7 and ch10 have confirmed they will not be showing the rest of the series)
and more

Channel 9
V8 Utes
Australian Performance Cars
Australian GT & Porshe Drivers Challenge
Drag Racing
Sprint Cars
Drifting
and more

Channel 10
Formula One
MotoGP
World Rally Championship
Australian Rally Championship
RPM

World Superbikes
Air Race
and more

Channel 28 (SBS)
Speedweek (Australian Superbikes?)), Formula 3, Australian Production Cars, Australian Motor Racing Series, Drag Racing, Sprint Cars, Drifting and more)

A1GP???

Bold=confirmed
Old 16 Nov 2006, 03:57 (Ref:1767325)   #56
Da Moo
Racer

Da Moo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whinger

Mabs - I would be amazed if you don't complain about Ch7 next year. You whinge more about things than any person I have ever seen!!

Your hate for 10 is strong and as we all know they have their faults but I still find it very annoying that you cant even acknowledge that they saved v8s in this country and put motorsport on the map.

Can't wait for your response that whinges about everything and compliments nothing.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 04:50 (Ref:1767332)   #57
rallyfiend
Rookie

rallyfiend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Channel 10

World Rally Championship
I'm not sure that these are confirmed are they? No one I know has heard anything. In fact we're sitting around waiting to hear what is happening with these.
Could these be a dark horse to go to 7 or 9?
Old 16 Nov 2006, 04:54 (Ref:1767333)   #58
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Champcars (Indy 300 has been confirmed on ch7 and ch10 have confirmed they will not be showing the rest of the series)
and more
When did Channel 10 confirm they would show the rest of the series?
Old 16 Nov 2006, 05:21 (Ref:1767340)   #59
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by racer69
When did Channel 10 confirm they would show the rest of the series?
It wasn't listed in there 2007 programs list. Ch7 have got Indy next year wich means they would have had to buy the rights to the whole series but they may decide not to show it.

Last edited by mabs_nsx; 16 Nov 2006 at 05:24.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 05:22 (Ref:1767341)   #60
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyfiend
I'm not sure that these are confirmed are they? No one I know has heard anything. In fact we're sitting around waiting to hear what is happening with these.
Could these be a dark horse to go to 7 or 9?
Yes it has been confirmed

Formula One (for the first time in HD), MotoGP, the World and Australian Rally Championships, and RPM will return to ch10 in 2007.
Old 16 Nov 2006, 05:36 (Ref:1767346)   #61
rallyfiend
Rookie

rallyfiend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes it has been confirmed

Formula One (for the first time in HD), MotoGP, the World and Australian Rally Championships, and RPM will return to ch10 in 2007.
It is apparent you know more than everyone in the rallying community (including ARC teams!). Just last week even MNews ran a story over the fact that ARC and WRC hadn't been confirmed anywhere.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 01:33 (Ref:1768185)   #62
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by rallyfiend
It is apparent you know more than everyone in the rallying community (including ARC teams!). Just last week even MNews ran a story over the fact that ARC and WRC hadn't been confirmed anywhere.
It was confirmed by ch10 when they lost the V8's that they will continue with F1, Moto GP and Rally. It wasn't confirmed exactly as WRC and ARC but yesterday ch10 launched there 2007 schedule and it included "Formula One (for the first time in HD), MotoGP, the World and Australian Rally Championships, and RPM".

It has been confirmed.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 02:16 (Ref:1768199)   #63
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I will not make a single complain about ch7. I might make some coments but I will not complain. Would anyone here like to make a bet? The reason why I complain so much about ch10 is becasue they are meant to be our "home of Motor Sport" but they treat this sport and its fans like CRAP.

Anyone want to make a $50 bet???
So you are quite willing to complain about almost every aspect on the Ch10 broadcast but make a guarantee not to complain about Ch7 without even seeing their coverage or schedule. Nice to see the customary unbiased approach.

Quote:
It was confirmed by ch10 when they lost the V8's that they will continue with F1, Moto GP and Rally. It wasn't confirmed exactly as WRC and ARC but yesterday ch10 launched there 2007 schedule and it included "Formula One (for the first time in HD), MotoGP, the World and Australian Rally Championships, and RPM".

It has been confirmed.
Do you have a link?
Old 17 Nov 2006, 02:37 (Ref:1768205)   #64
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
So you are quite willing to complain about almost every aspect on the Ch10 broadcast but make a guarantee not to complain about Ch7 without even seeing their coverage or schedule. Nice to see the customary unbiased approach.
Channel Ten are incompetent, lazy, selfish, greedy and unprofessional liars. I don't trust them. They are akways screwing up. I like Channel Seven. If you include the extra costs I think they will pay $180-190 million for the rights+heavy promotion+posible live Qualifying and races+25 30 minuet V8 shows+4 1 hour V8 shows+V8's on 43/52 weeks. Now that commitment. Something Channel Ten need to learn about. Why would I worry about their coverage. I may have the odd complaint but I don't think I will need to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg
Do you have a link?
Yes

http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/enews/T...07_151106.html
Old 17 Nov 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1768596)   #65
garbo6
Racer

Australia
Adelaide
garbo6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm looking forward to next year. It will take a while getting adjusted to switching the TV to Ch7 as I generally keep a wide berth from that channel aside from Scrubs, but with AFL next year and the V8 Supercars it will get a reasonable showing.

@Mabs. I'll be interested to see where the Utes end up for next year. As they will be on the V8 Support card the TV production for their rounds will be done by V8SA, so will they be on Ch7 or Ch9 as you have speculated. I really hope Ch7 get behind the support series and give them all the coverage they deserve.
Old 17 Nov 2006, 14:41 (Ref:1768638)   #66
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbo6
I'm looking forward to next year. It will take a while getting adjusted to switching the TV to Ch7 as I generally keep a wide berth from that channel aside from Scrubs, but with AFL next year and the V8 Supercars it will get a reasonable showing.

@Mabs. I'll be interested to see where the Utes end up for next year. As they will be on the V8 Support card the TV production for their rounds will be done by V8SA, so will they be on Ch7 or Ch9 as you have speculated. I really hope Ch7 get behind the support series and give them all the coverage they deserve.
Actually I now think the V8 Utes will end up on ch7. I think they will want as much holden V Ford racing as posible. V8's+V8DC+V8 Utes+Aussie Racing Cars would = 4 different Holden V Ford series + as you say the V8 Utes will be on the V8 Support card the TV production for their rounds will be done by V8SA.

So we could have up to or more than 6 different series (1 international and 2 mayor series) racing on ch7 next year. Thats good considering they havn't had anything for a long time. Maybe they will get A1, Indy and Le Mans too.

Last edited by mabs_nsx; 17 Nov 2006 at 14:44.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 15:39 (Ref:1769152)   #67
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Channel Nine will finally start showing the A1GP Series. Round 3 from Beijing will be shown at 12:20am early on Mondy morning. They didn't show the first 2 rounds and it is being shown late at night even after being 1 week delayed wich is pointless but do you see me complaining? No. It's crap but I'm not complaining becasue they do not call themselves our "home of Motor Sport". I will not be making 100000 complaints about ch7 next year.

Great news!

http://www.yourtv.com.au/guide/index.cfm

Last edited by mabs_nsx; 18 Nov 2006 at 15:42.
Old 18 Nov 2006, 18:48 (Ref:1769206)   #68
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who negotiates (or in this case i'd say purchases) the TV rights, A1GP themselves or is it the Australian licence holders responsibility??
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:17 (Ref:1770128)   #69
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Update for 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozrevhead
so what will happen with F1 champ cars etc. here

will they get dumped all together?
2007 on ch7
V8 Supercars
Formula Ford
??????? (30 minuet V8 Supercar show)

V8 Supercar Development Series
Carrera Cup
V8 Utes
Aussie Racing Cars
Champcars (Indy 300 has been confirmed on ch7 but they have not confirmed they will not be showing the rest of the series, no Champcars on ch10 is as good as confirmed)
and more

2007 on Ch9
A1GP
Australian Performance Cars
Australian GT & Porshe Drivers Challenge
Drag Racing
Sprint Cars
Dirt bike racing
and more

2007 on Ch10
Formula One (2006 - 2010)
MotoGP
World Rally Championship
RPM

World Superbikes (I think they have the rights but I don't think they will show it)
Air Race
and more

2007 on Ch28 (SBS)
Speedweek (Australian Superbikes?, Formula 3, Australian Production Cars, Australian Motor Racing Series, Drag Racing, Sprint Cars, Drifting and more)

Indy 500????

Bold=confirmed

I don't think ch10 will be showing F1 until 2010. They will probably sell the rights in 2008 in a year were they will probably have no Motor Sport. RPM has been confirmed for 2007. That last episode was the worst I have ever seen. No Tasmania V8 Review, no Bahrain V8 preview, no update on Rally NZ, an old story on Bonaville. (Unoficial speed record for an F1 car) I'm not even sure when it ends this year. The last epesoide was only 1 hour long and it usually ends later but it isn't on next week. Maybe it has been given the chop even after being confirmed for 2007. Is it posible that it could go to another channel? Maybe ch7?

Last edited by mabs_nsx; 20 Nov 2006 at 09:22.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:51 (Ref:1770421)   #70
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/enews/S...ng_201106.html

Champcars isn't listed on ch7's 2007 line up. But neither is Indy wich has been confirmed.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 11:17 (Ref:1770502)   #71
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For that above list, if bold=confirmed why is there a question mark next to Australian Superbikes?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 20 Nov 2006, 13:03 (Ref:1770602)   #72
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
For that above list, if bold=confirmed why is there a question mark next to Australian Superbikes?
I'm not sure but I think it has been confirmed. All other with bold and without a question mark have definatly been confirmed.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1771042)   #73
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That last episode was the worst I have ever seen. No Tasmania V8 Review, no Bahrain V8 preview, no update on Rally NZ, an old story on Bonaville. (Unoficial speed record for an F1 car) I'm not even sure when it ends this year. The last epesoide was only 1 hour long and it usually ends later but it isn't on next week. Maybe it has been given the chop even after being confirmed for 2007. Is it posible that it could go to another channel? Maybe ch7?
Yeah the last episode was the worst yet. Its almost as if they forgot it was on until Sunday morning and had to whip something together.
Old 21 Nov 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1771069)   #74
Head Rev
Racer

Australia
Australia
Head Rev should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Channel Nine will finally start showing the A1GP Series. Round 3 from Beijing will be shown at 12:20am early on Mondy morning. They didn't show the first 2 rounds and it is being shown late at night even after being 1 week delayed wich is pointless but do you see me complaining? No. It's crap but I'm not complaining becasue they do not call themselves our "home of Motor Sport". I will not be making 100000 complaints about ch7 next year.
Interesting article I found. I know it's off topic but thought it was still relevant to this thread.........."I don't know about you, but I frequently find myself indulging in my favorite pastime, complaining. Well, it's not exactly my favorite one, because it makes me more miserable than I was before, but it's certainly one that I engage in often enough. Of course, I don't always see what I'm doing as complaining - in fact, I often think I'm simply telling the truth about the world. But when I really look carefully, I am forced to acknowledge that my woebegone statements are actually complaints.

What constitutes complaining? One dictionary defines it as "An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment." I would add that it's a statement of dislike, blame, or judgment that we whine about repeatedly. Why say it once when we can indulge in our misery?"
Old 23 Nov 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1773115)   #75
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
terryobeirne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
did anyone record the old races aired on ABC2 recently. I'm chasing the 1988 Sandown 500. anyone help???