Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:00 (Ref:2576306)   #51
Quite old fan
Rookie

Quite old fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault and F1

Sniper - You could be correct and it may be a good thing that the manufacturers leave F1. Do you think Ferrari should be next?:
Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:07 (Ref:2576311)   #52
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F.O.F. View Post
Max doesn't get millions, .
Yes he did, about 300 of them from BCE as a "thank you".
Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:30 (Ref:2576323)   #53
elspethhardie
Racer

Wales
South Wales
elspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelspethhardie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ferarri have put out a statement comparing the "war" on car manufactures to a novel by Agatha Christie......who done it? was it the butler?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/8344166.stm
Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:40 (Ref:2576332)   #54
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Miss Scarlett (naturally), in the billiard room, with the lead piping
Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:56 (Ref:2576352)   #55
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Typical of Ferrari to blame the ones who tried to cut costs in the first place.

It's so short-sighted of them to see that the real reason why everyone is leaving is because F1, even after FOTAs cost cutting measures, doesn't make sense to manufacturers who live in the 'real world', and not the 'overpriced Fiat' world that Ferrari live in.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 13:50 (Ref:2576381)   #56
F.O.F.
TeaTotal
Racer

Ireland
dublin
F.O.F. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
Yes he did, about 300 of them from BCE as a "thank you".
Never heard about that...Can't say i'm surprised though.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 15:05 (Ref:2576414)   #57
kartracer41
Racer

United States
Michigan, USA
kartracer41 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Autosport article says that Renault is delaying their decision on their future involvement in F1.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 15:12 (Ref:2576417)   #58
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Another lightning committee decision, then...
Old 5 Nov 2009, 15:28 (Ref:2576422)   #59
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartracer41 View Post
Autosport article says that Renault is delaying their decision on their future involvement in F1.
But it will be made before the end of the year. That must really excite Kubica and definitely frighten off any other decent drivers who were thinking of signing for Renault.

If they do eventually stay, maybe Grosjean will keep his drive after all.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 16:06 (Ref:2576444)   #60
DougK
Racer

United Kingdom
Berkshire
DougK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Renault and Toyota signed a contract to compete in F1 until 2012 only a short while ago , then in my view the FIA should be saying if you leave before then you a) hand the team over Free of Charge as a going concern to another party and b) fund them for the three years at the minimum rate (say £50m a year) or you carry on till the end of the contract. whether that is legally enforceable is something else but thats the sort of statement they should have made.

Personally less manufacturers and more private/small teams in my view is better.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 16:14 (Ref:2576451)   #61
neiltb
Racer

Scotland
toronto
neiltb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In lieu of the CA, if I want to get out, can I just not turn up to the first race and get kicked out by Bernie?
Old 5 Nov 2009, 21:10 (Ref:2576625)   #62
koper
Veteran

Poland
Tychy(PL)
koper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkoper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post

My opinion is that BE and the like change the rules to suit their agenda how they please, you call this greediness and selfishness, whereas I see it in the same strains as a military coup, ruling by force. The fact that N Technology is taking them to court for unfair favouritism during the selection of new teams points to the fact that they feel there is corruption (they name it as "irregularities") at the highest level, so I don't feel like I am totally unjustified.
Yes - you are entitled to your opinion.

IMOpinion we should wait for a judge sentence before we call someone a criminal. Having a feeling is not enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Typical of Ferrari to blame the ones who tried to cut costs in the first place.
I didn't know that blaming is typical for Ferrari, I rather thought that that they started adjusting their company culture to Alonso liking
Old 5 Nov 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2576676)   #63
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by koper View Post
Yes - you are entitled to your opinion.

IMOpinion we should wait for a judge sentence before we call someone a criminal. Having a feeling is not enough.
That was just one example, but it's ok, I don't think you're understanding what I am saying but whatever.

I just hope Renault stays.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 13:13 (Ref:2576985)   #64
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If i remember correctly Moseley / BE were keen to encourage increased manufacturer participation when it became clear that Tobacco money was not going to be available anymore. They also saw that an association with major companies like Honda, Toyota etc would be good for promotion of the sport, it's image and it's money generating potential. However they didn't consider how much influence and clout they would bring along with them, to the point where they could have destroyed F1 by creating their own championship. Once they realised how much power the manufacturers had i believe they have made decisions aimed at pushing them back out of the sport so that they can regain the advantage over less powerful teams. The economic environment has accelerated this process. Renault are clearly on the edge of a decision to leave the sport, perhaps encouraged by Toyotas exit. My feeling is that they will withdraw but soften the blow by continuing as an engine supplier, a role they were at one time extremely successful in. I don't expect the FIA to pursue a legal action against those manufacturers who have left as they would be formidable opponents and the publicity would be shocking for F1.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2577019)   #65
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
The FIA shouldn't make it too difficult for teams to leave if they want to.The problem will be when they want to get back in again.
Old 6 Nov 2009, 17:40 (Ref:2577147)   #66
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
A possible scenario.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...renault-up-to/
Old 6 Nov 2009, 17:48 (Ref:2577154)   #67
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
You can always rely on Joe to come up with some interesting ideas, because he has many useful contacts and, beyond that, actually thinks about F1 because he is a genuine fan as well as being a fine writer. I loved this candid comment:
Quote:
Toyota people went blathering on about such ludicrous ideas as hiring Jenson Button and Kimi Raikkonen when the reality was that the team was was up to its neck in trouble. Hopefully those involved will get promoted to new jobs selling Land Cruisers in Kyrgyzstan.
Old 7 Nov 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2577405)   #68
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I thought that was brilliant as well..
Old 16 Nov 2009, 15:31 (Ref:2582872)   #69
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Renault rebranded ?

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2009/...of-blue-fancy/
Old 16 Nov 2009, 17:03 (Ref:2582944)   #70
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Renault to re-name as Gordini?

Joe Saward's latest blog reveals some interesting thoughts.
Apparently Renault are re-visiting the Gordini brand, and will be issuing a range of performance models badged as such.
Citing the bad press that the team suffered following 'Crash Gate' he's intimating that Renault could turn to its long-term sponsor, Total for a cash injection, and re-brand the whole thing (possibly as TOTAL-GORDINI?), a known French team without the negative associations of the Renault name...
The full article can be found here: http://joesaward.wordpress.com/
Old 16 Nov 2009, 17:05 (Ref:2582947)   #71
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Yeah I know, I posted it about an hour and a half ago. ^
Old 16 Nov 2009, 17:15 (Ref:2582957)   #72
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Yeah I know, I posted it about an hour and a half ago. ^
Sorry Marbot, I hadn't spotted that. I thought what I linked to was fresh news.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 17:17 (Ref:2582959)   #73
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry Marbot, I hadn't spotted that. I thought what I linked to was fresh news.
Well, it still is! And very good news if it indeed turns out to be true.
Old 16 Nov 2009, 18:07 (Ref:2582990)   #74
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lotus, Mercedes, Gordini...what next, Sauber being rebranded as Cooper? US F1 renaming themselves Eagle?
Old 16 Nov 2009, 18:09 (Ref:2582993)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
Lotus, Mercedes, Gordini...what next, Sauber being rebranded as Cooper? US F1 renaming themselves Eagle?
It's all possible!