2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3059722)   #51
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS RH01 View Post
I still stand by my 3 it was an excellent race but enhanced by the marbles and the drs. Pure racing as in GP2 every time and drivers who are still proving themselves . Im not trying to be a kill joy just i like a woman who hasnt been enhanced as well so does this make me a purist .
Me loosing my marbles, have been for years hope you buy me a beer as im coming to Austin to watch the race .

Peter
Nope. Still don't understand. You gave an excellent race (by your own admission) a mark of three out of ten. Surely it doesn't matter how that race became excellent (marbles, DRS, whatever), an excellent race deserves more than 3 out of ten.
Really not sure what the GP2 comment is about.

Marbles happen in all forms of car racing by the way, not just F1. I've gone straight on at Cadwell Park when I should have been going sharp left, because of the marbles. And that's in the car in my avatar, which is pretty 'purist'. They have always been present in one form or another.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3059730)   #52
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I actually thought that lap from Kimi was one of the highspots - really quite amusing - let's all pass the mobile chicane....... We'd have ripped team and driver to shreds (rather like his tyres) if it had been anyone else....

Worth a 9 alone for me for Webbers pass on FB.
FB?
Old 15 Apr 2012, 18:01 (Ref:3059735)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I still stand by my 3 it was an excellent race but enhanced by the marbles and the drs. Pure racing as in GP2 every time and drivers who are still proving themselves . Im not trying to be a kill joy just i like a woman who hasnt been enhanced as well so does this make me a purist .
Me loosing my marbles, have been for years hope you buy me a beer as im coming to Austin to watch the race .

Peter
You will be most welcome in Austin...

Bring your marbles with you please...
Old 15 Apr 2012, 19:58 (Ref:3059815)   #54
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
He would only complain that it was too hot. There's just no pleasing some people. If you want to see the race won in the first few laps, then use hard tyres.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:08 (Ref:3059823)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hubble View Post
FB?

The boy with the single digit....
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:09 (Ref:3059824)   #56
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
You will be most welcome in Austin...

Bring your marbles with you please...

And don't forget the tiddlywinks - just in case it's a bit too dull....
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:23 (Ref:3059840)   #57
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
He would only complain that it was too hot. There's just no pleasing some people. If you want to see the race won in the first few laps, then use hard tyres.
Very good how did you know i would come out in a heat rash
Likewise ive got off line on the marbles but my cat like reflexes saved the day !
oh and that cat like reflexes ment i ended up in the kitty litter .
Back to the thread i dont think they would have been able to run anything after because of the marbles .
I also dont go all gooiee eyed at Sennas Donington first lap for the same reason his car had more toys than anyone else .
I love to watch the under dog perform above the ability of his car, any one of Mansell in his chip on the shoulder years. Senna with only half the gears these are great races .
Old 15 Apr 2012, 20:45 (Ref:3059854)   #58
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm done responding... It's clearly reverse logic day on the 15th April....
Old 15 Apr 2012, 21:14 (Ref:3059870)   #59
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave this race an 8, very entertaining..
Old 15 Apr 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3059881)   #60
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Free speach

Boys and girls thank you for keeping me entertained today . My true views on the race were it was a 7 good start, good end ,bit boring in the middle . The marbles were a problem but they did add to the show .
Im glad i live in the free world were we can argue a non standard point .
To all us petrol heads weather watching ,Marshaling or racing have a safe and fun year . You are all welcome to pop past for a coffee and a chat at any of the Classic Formula Ford races this year .

Peter
Old 15 Apr 2012, 22:31 (Ref:3059908)   #61
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Normally post in sportscar and GT but China was too good to not post about. Gave the race a 9. Really enjoyed the 2nd half and so far the season has been really interesting. he only thing that would have made it a 10 is if the battle for 2nd through 10th had been for 1st through 10th and if it had started a little bit earlier in the race.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 23:02 (Ref:3059921)   #62
Catingaround
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Catingaround should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it an 8 but could have been a 9

That was a great race, hard to give it a 9 or 10 without a great battle for the lead but still... best race of the weekend.
Old 15 Apr 2012, 23:13 (Ref:3059923)   #63
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Gave it an 8.
Was great to see F1 cars three abreast into the braking areas.
Happy to see Mercedes and Rosberg win.
Great pity MSC had his race ended with a sloppy wheel change, if he had been in the mix at the end it would have been really interesting and filled the space between Rosberg and Button with something really interesting.

Still good signs from all, looking forward to the next race.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 03:17 (Ref:3059980)   #64
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I didn't go with 10 simply because it technically could have been even greater, but it's definitely one of the most interesting races of the past several years.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 05:59 (Ref:3060004)   #65
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
9, as I'm not sure there's such a thing as a perfect 10 race!
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3060141)   #66
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It shows how subjective this is. It's great to see people, even those who maybe aren't such avid F1 fans, enjoying this one. I would have been ready to rate it below or around average if it had continued as things were until things took off in the second half of the race. The action from when Raikkonen's tyres started going off was like watching the first few laps of a race; it's great to see races develop into something like this.

So now I don't know if I can come up with a score. I shall watch it again and maybe make up my mind.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 11:31 (Ref:3060143)   #67
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Boys and girls thank you for keeping me entertained today . My true views on the race were it was a 7 good start, good end ,bit boring in the middle . The marbles were a problem but they did add to the show .
Im glad i live in the free world were we can argue a non standard point .
To all us petrol heads weather watching ,Marshaling or racing have a safe and fun year . You are all welcome to pop past for a coffee and a chat at any of the Classic Formula Ford races this year .

Peter
So what you are saying is that you deliberately put in a stupid number just to annoy people and give yourself some entertainment with their replies.

You are a troll (and some other things). Look it up if you don't know what it means. Then return beneath your bridge.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 13:43 (Ref:3060230)   #68
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, we should move on, that's a completely waste of time.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 16:07 (Ref:3060343)   #69
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A bit slow at times, but the last bit more than made up for it. I was on the edge of my seat for a good bit. I was happy to see the maiden win for Rosberg.

I gave it a low 9. I find it hard to give any race a 10 unless you have action throughout with title implications (i.e. last race of year with with close title battle).

Richard
Old 16 Apr 2012, 18:28 (Ref:3060412)   #70
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I find it hard to give any race a 10 unless you have action throughout with title implications (i.e. last race of year with with close title battle).
Maybe that would be a 'rate the occasion' rather than 'rate the race'
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:49 (Ref:3060521)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We're going to make a "list of requirements" to rank races, drivers and teams.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 21:51 (Ref:3060522)   #72
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's always utterly subjective, Bononi.

It is useful when people state their criterion/ criteria in a given race though, for clarity.
Old 16 Apr 2012, 22:08 (Ref:3060539)   #73
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Oh, Adam is taking care of this...
Old 16 Apr 2012, 22:22 (Ref:3060542)   #74
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Okay.

I don't always join in Rate the Race because it's a difficult thing to quantify in my opinion and there are probably discrepancies in my ratings between different races, which stem from the emotional experience of watching it (and it has to be something of an 'emotional' decision because there are races that aren't conventionally the most interesting but in which I find a lot of merit).

Nonetheless, I'll go for 8 because although for some reason I didn't find it quite as great as some (maybe it was the lead battle fizzling out), the closeness of the cars was fascinating and unusual, the tyre management was dramatic to watch and the quality of the wheel-to-wheel stuff was superb; a credit to the drivers. Grosjean even managed to tough it out with Maldonado with what was seemingly a controlled bit of vengeance for Australia, all the while keeping it just in the limits of acceptability.
Old 17 Apr 2012, 00:22 (Ref:3060600)   #75
TrueBlueFlyer
Veteran

Ukraine
New Jersey
TrueBlueFlyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
one of my favorite moments:

Wheeee...