Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old Today, 06:36 (Ref:4230930)   #51
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Funny because Ford won everything when they had 888, and then Penske.

What does that tell you?

Also one very good reason the best Ford team are going to homologate the Supra.

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Old Today, 07:32 (Ref:4230933)   #52
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Ford and previously Nissan.
Merc & Volvo? pretty much anything not GM. Six Fords in the top ten so far this year. One is only a handful of points off P2. Seemed to be a couple of fast Fords at the Mountain on the weekend, just not as good a racecars on the Sunday. The current speed between the cars is crazy close, I'm not sure what you are hinting at?
Old Today, 07:39 (Ref:4230934)   #53
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anti Ford conspiracy except somehow except when Penske or 888 dominate in them, and no amount of data they scream for fits the narrative.

Lap times were incredibly close who knew a Bathurst with only one safety car would result in gaps between cars?

Old Today, 07:47 (Ref:4230935)   #54
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Funny because Ford won everything when they had 888, and then Penske.

What does that tell you?

Also one very good reason the best Ford team are going to homologate the Supra.

So far it's been a big mistake by Ford to continue in this category imo, whether that continues to be the case we will have to wait and see but so far they have paid out millions to teams that have won nothing of substance and have only made the mustang look undesirable, maybe the only way out for ford is to withdraw from the category and refuse to let the mustang body shape to be used, the remaining Ford teams would then have to reskin their cars as chevs or toyotas. It won't surprise me if toyota suffer the same fate as ford and nissan.
Old Today, 08:00 (Ref:4230936)   #55
Ares
Racer

Quote:
So far it's been a big mistake by Ford to continue in this category imo, whether that continues to be the case we will have to wait and see but so far they have paid out millions to teams that have won nothing of substance and have only made the mustang look undesirable, maybe the only way out for ford is to withdraw from the category and refuse to let the mustang body shape to be used, the remaining Ford teams would then have to reskin their cars as chevs or toyotas. It won't surprise me if toyota suffer the same fate as ford and nissan.
The two top teams over the past two years run GM. As I said, there are six Fords in the top ten, First Ford is a few points off second place in the championship this year so far. If a Ford won yesterday then all the Ford money spent would be worth it now?
Old Today, 08:19 (Ref:4230939)   #56
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ares View Post
The two top teams over the past two years run GM. As I said, there are six Fords in the top ten, First Ford is a few points off second place in the championship this year so far. If a Ford won yesterday then all the Ford money spent would be worth it now?
Well it hasn't happened and I thought Ford was on a bit of a roll until Sandown, the thing is will WAU be able to construct a toyota that can win.

I can't help but wonder is Supercars were desperate to get another manufacturer in case Ford walks out?
Old Today, 08:25 (Ref:4230941)   #57
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let’s hope the second Toyota team are not running around the back of the grid!
Old Today, 08:29 (Ref:4230942)   #58
Ares
Racer

Quote:
Well it hasn't happened and I thought Ford was on a bit of a roll until Sandown, the thing is will WAU be able to construct a toyota that can win.

I can't help but wonder is Supercars were desperate to get another manufacturer in case Ford walks out?
Has WAU really made anything they have run win? You are talking about the teams running the cars more than the cars themselves. If 888 went to Ford next year, do you think they would never win again?
Old Today, 08:55 (Ref:4230943)   #59
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Has WAU really made anything they have run win? You are talking about the teams running the cars more than the cars themselves. If 888 went to Ford next year, do you think they would never win again?
T8 would win, they just have something that the others don't.
Old Today, 09:20 (Ref:4230947)   #60
Ares
Racer

Quote:
T8 would win, they just have something that the others don't.
Yes they do. Winnings teams all have something the others don't, or don't have consistently. It is not easy to do, bake the perfect cake. And then bake it again and again. RD could start another team tomorrow, in time they would start winning. He knows what you need to bake a cake.
Old Today, 09:23 (Ref:4230948)   #61
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Yes they do. Winnings teams all have something the others don't, or don't have consistently. It is not easy to do, bake the perfect cake. And then bake it again and again. RD could start another team tomorrow, in time they would start winning. He knows what you need to bake a cake.
Steven Grove and Peter Xibberas look to have watched some of Roland's cooking demo's on YouTube and wanted to run a cafe with some of his chefs

Old Today, 10:51 (Ref:4230958)   #62
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
So will toyota be a winning brand with WAU at the helm?