Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jan 2014, 19:43 (Ref:3361767)   #51
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
If we get something like forty cars showing up reliably every race without LMPC, I don't see much value in this class other than a training class for young drivers and crews. I think IMSA should consider moving the LMPC to Continental Tire. That would make both series better.
To repeat some of the comments above. It is a filler, it wasn't needed at Daytona, but if you need it at other races then it had to be there I guess.
Old 30 Jan 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3362108)   #52
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobP View Post
I think IMSA should consider moving the LMPC to Continental Tire. That would make both series better.
Please no. The only thing that isn't great about the CTSCC is the high number of cautions, and cramming amateur drivers in prototype machinery into fields that regularly have 50+ cars that would have a huge performance gap (imagine the closing speeds they would have on the ST cars) is just asking for even more yellows than we have now.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3379404)   #53
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a BUMP is necessary for Sebring
Old 15 Mar 2014, 20:16 (Ref:3379536)   #54
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dump it before someone is killed.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 20:19 (Ref:3379548)   #55
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Dump it before someone is killed.
Pay off Oreca to not sell any spares... that should take care of it really quickly.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 20:26 (Ref:3379569)   #56
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PC class should be having combined events with Lites for the whole season. Like they will do at Kansas Speedway.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3379574)   #57
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Bring PC up to P2 performance would drive away the pay drivers and sink a lot of teams.
Perfect! The nonsense we have today will go away. Do you want 65 cars following a safety car all day or do you want to watch 35-40 professional teams with pro and proper gentlemen drivers racing safe and hard?
Old 15 Mar 2014, 20:53 (Ref:3379611)   #58
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Get rid of them completely.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 22:05 (Ref:3379700)   #59
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think only the 6 cars still running at Sebring (atm) and also RSR (totalling 7 Orecas) should be allowed to continue while the others told to **** off. Then, force them into the P class or give them something else to run. Even if they're put into P, they'll still run ahead of some of the other Prototypes IMO.

Last edited by MJ_N_09; 15 Mar 2014 at 22:16.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 03:48 (Ref:3380230)   #60
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I use to be indifferent about LMPC, but after their spectacular showing today, either increase driving standards or circular file.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:01 (Ref:3380245)   #61
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
I use to be indifferent about LMPC, but after their spectacular showing today, either increase driving standards or circular file.
I guess you can't do too much to LMPC in the 2 remaining NAEC rounds because there is a championship at stake there. But I have been saying that they should be moved out of Indy, COTA, and Road America. Especially if IMSA lites is running at the same track on the same weekend. If not then I guess you can keep LMPC in there reluctantly.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:04 (Ref:3380249)   #62
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Change several drivers rating from "bronze" to "$hit" and get rid of them.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3380254)   #63
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
Change several drivers rating from "bronze" to "$hit" and get rid of them.
I was thinking "dingle berry", but your's is shorter.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 04:24 (Ref:3380267)   #64
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
I was thinking "dingle berry", but your's is shorter.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 16 Mar 2014, 07:12 (Ref:3380346)   #65
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem is not the car, the problem are drivers, too much car for a bad bronze
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:01 (Ref:3380384)   #66
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
That and GTD and LMPC don't have traction control, the classes that really need it. Odd how the pro classes (LMP2/DP and GTLM) are allowed to have TC but the pro-am classes have it ruled illegal under the current rules.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:01 (Ref:3380430)   #67
pablocomics
Racer

Spain
Madrid
pablocomics should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
That and GTD and LMPC don't have traction control, the classes that really need it. Odd how the pro classes (LMP2/DP and GTLM) are allowed to have TC but the pro-am classes have it ruled illegal under the current rules.
Totally agree, but incidents like the Gaston Kearby crash aren't just a TC issue. There are a lack of skills and experience on some drivers.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:53 (Ref:3380456)   #68
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Very good point.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 10:31 (Ref:3380474)   #69
Dead-Eye
Veteran

Estonia
Dead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDead-Eye should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PC has never added anything beyond being a field filler. Now that fields are full, there's no point in having it any longer.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3380492)   #70
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablocomics View Post
The problem is not the car, the problem are drivers, too much car for a bad bronze
Yep, when LMPC are driven by Colin Braun or Bruno Junqueira can run consistently close to the P2s.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3380503)   #71
Dimension
Rookie

European Union
on the mind of a woman near you
Dimension should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the driver aids were no factor at all in the situations that led to this discussion it was stupid driving. We need hefty fines, penalties, as well as permanent and temporary suspension to take care of this.

Look at GTD for proof. GTD was exciting and dramaless without TC. Why? No stupid driving decisions.

I suppose being in a theoretically fast prototype isn't good for the psyche of gentlemen drivers that are in some instances largely inexperienced and way in over their heads.

I don't expect there to be as many problems on less bumpy tracks however. Lets keep in mind the PC car is difficult over those with its lack of mechanical grip.

As it stands now, I'd try suspensions first and if that doesn't work, phase out asap.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3380520)   #72
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Eye View Post
PC has never added anything beyond being a field filler. Now that fields are full, there's no point in having it any longer.
There is when you have teams that have been encouraged to buy and run these cars for years. That's always the danger in creating a class like this. I hope it fades out in future but with the LMP3 concept on the horizon, I think there'll always be something at this level in the long term USC plans.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 12:23 (Ref:3380535)   #73
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As already said, it's not the cars but the drivers. There has to be a way of testing their ability to drive one of these cars.

They have to be able to lap within a certain % of a set time. You could put one of the top guys (and I mean a P2/DP driver) in the car to set a time at, say ROAR; the Am driver then has to meet a certain time consistently.
If they can't do this = no drive. Simple.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 12:26 (Ref:3380537)   #74
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AMholes.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 12:31 (Ref:3380538)   #75
Dimension
Rookie

European Union
on the mind of a woman near you
Dimension should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think drivers should have to verify their skills and experience by racing for 2-3 years in one of certain designated series before entering. In my opinion driver speed is less of a nuisance as driver errors are. And that is a matter of experience.