Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jul 2024, 14:40 (Ref:4220069)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Team orders...
Old 21 Jul 2024, 14:43 (Ref:4220071)   #52
Richard C
Veteran

United States
Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a team sport, but it never looks good when this happens.

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2024, 14:45 (Ref:4220073)   #53
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Oscar Piastri on his first GP win but what a way to win, no thanks to McLaren.

Lewis gets his 200th career podium.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 14:46 (Ref:4220075)   #54
elianne
Rookie

elianne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Like repeated there were agreements in place "the Sunday Morning".
Maybe the one who led the first lap, or the first stint, or ...
Who knows.

If Lando agreed to it, he should keep to it.

Sadly, this caused much more fuzz than should have been, and that is not only McLaren's fault but also Lando's...
Old 21 Jul 2024, 14:55 (Ref:4220078)   #55
Richard C
Veteran

United States
Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Example today of "Old Max" showing up and driving angry most of the race (to his own detriment)

Richard
Old 21 Jul 2024, 15:03 (Ref:4220081)   #56
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard C View Post
Example today of "Old Max" showing up and driving angry most of the race (to his own detriment)

Richard

According to the live commentary on their website, Verstappen's mood may well be because, they say, he was up until 3 a.m. competing in a sim race.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 15:06 (Ref:4220084)   #57
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah they really gave him a hard time for basically treating this weekend like a 24hr race…like it’s worse that partying all night long lol.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 15:16 (Ref:4220088)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Delayed watching and good God I can't stand Lando any more. You do the exact same things ALL THE TIME, quit yer *****ing and get to racing instead of blocking
Old 21 Jul 2024, 15:44 (Ref:4220094)   #59
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Odd race.

It's nice for Piastri to get his first win, but from a championship point of view, the team who have the driver most likely of running Verstappen close in the championship are not willing to back their own man.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 15:55 (Ref:4220096)   #60
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
Odd race.

It's nice for Piastri to get his first win, but from a championship point of view, the team who have the driver most likely of running Verstappen close in the championship are not willing to back their own man.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 17:16 (Ref:4220107)   #61
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcel82 View Post
this is down to the pit wall. no one else.
you give one of your drivers the undercut on the other one, and then tell him he's not allowed the win? amateur hour.
Absolutely this. They put him 5 seconds in front and then got mad because he was 5 seconds in front! No beef with Lando today for me.

Max came across as deeply unlikable. An entitled little prince who wasn't getting his own way. Embarrassing for RB.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 17:32 (Ref:4220110)   #62
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Incredibly but perhaps not surprisingly no penalty for Verstappen.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 17:41 (Ref:4220113)   #63
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Absolutely this. They put him 5 seconds in front and then got mad because he was 5 seconds in front! No beef with Lando today for me.

Max came across as deeply unlikable. An entitled little prince who wasn't getting his own way. Embarrassing for RB.

I think that Hamilton decided to give Verstappen a get out of jail card when meeting with the Stewards, saying that he thought that it was a racing incident. Possibly this is due to the fact that Hamilton maintained his place; it may have been different if he didn't get a podium.

In reality, although the Stewards said that both were at fault because Hamilton "could" have made more room for Verstappen, although the telemetry showed that Hamilton took his normal line, i.e. not changing direction. However, my view is that because Verstappen had approached the corner faster, again from the telemetry, then locked up and hit the No.44, that he was not in control of his car and was therefore at fault.

I really do think, for reasons best known to multiple Stewards over the years, that they have been overly tolerant towards Verstappen's driving, and whilst this continues, he is going to continue to drive with even more entitlement. They should stop his "I'm coming through regardless of the consequences" attitude.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 17:47 (Ref:4220114)   #64
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FIA's constant failure to properly punish Verstappen over the years has empowered him to become even more aggressive and reckless.

They've helped create a monster unfortunately.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 17:52 (Ref:4220115)   #65
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I think that Hamilton decided to give Verstappen a get out of jail card when meeting with the Stewards, saying that he thought that it was a racing incident. Possibly this is due to the fact that Hamilton maintained his place; it may have been different if he didn't get a podium.

In reality, although the Stewards said that both were at fault because Hamilton "could" have made more room for Verstappen, although the telemetry showed that Hamilton took his normal line, i.e. not changing direction. However, my view is that because Verstappen had approached the corner faster, again from the telemetry, then locked up and hit the No.44, that he was not in control of his car and was therefore at fault.

I really do think, for reasons best known to multiple Stewards over the years, that they have been overly tolerant towards Verstappen's driving, and whilst this continues, he is going to continue to drive with even more entitlement. They should stop his "I'm coming through regardless of the consequences" attitude.
I hope the thing we are waiting for isn't someone (Max included) getting hurt
Old 21 Jul 2024, 18:50 (Ref:4220125)   #66
mr2
Rookie

mr2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I have not watched a full race for a very long time ,and after trying to stay awake today I feel it will be a long time before I watch another .
Totally fed up with all the talk about tyres and having to drive slowly to get to the end of the race , I thought it was called racing , but obviously I am wrong .
Perhaps the tyre suppliers should get a tyre that could be driven hard all race without the need for pit stops , would take the sport back to the better times when the drivers skill at driving hard would reap the rewards .
Also fed up with the constant winging from the drivers , let the stewards make the decisions on rules and driving standards , more like a school playground than grown adults .
Yes I am old , but I would like to get back into a sport I used to follow religiously but I fear the business that is F1 will not listen to the true race fans and will continue to allow the sport to disappear into dullness , despite sky sending almost as many commentators and experts as drivers on the grid trying to make it sound like the cars are racing and not just following each other around on an economy drive .
Perhaps adding a new driver who says what he thinks and not just delivering what the team communication department tells them what to say would add some interest for me , but I doubt it .
The trouble is that all the race categories are now affected by false racing gimmicks , like DRS ,tyre management and team orders the sport is now dead and I hope for F1 management they sort out the issues before they lose the fan base that watches the show at this time
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:14 (Ref:4220132)   #67
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Wrong thread.

Last edited by bjohnsonsmith; 21 Jul 2024 at 19:25.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:17 (Ref:4220134)   #68
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2 View Post
Well I have not watched a full race for a very long time ,and after trying to stay awake today I feel it will be a long time before I watch another .
Yet, as per many threads bemoaning current top level motorsport... Both F1 and MotoGP have more people watching them than ever before.

Just because current F1 doesn't align with your ideals doesn't mean it's wrong. It's just not what you believe to be F1, and that's absolutely fine.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:19 (Ref:4220136)   #69
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I just watched the accident from a different angle and the Aeroscreen did it's job as far as Ferrucci is concerned.
Wrong forum?
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:20 (Ref:4220138)   #70
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Wromg thread. again.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:30 (Ref:4220141)   #71
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Verstappen saying RBR need to do better.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1...s/ck5g3e6ex71o
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:33 (Ref:4220144)   #72
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hungarian GP

Why ITNOG was Norris told to pull over and let Pi
astri win?

Last edited by sparkione; 21 Jul 2024 at 19:53.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:41 (Ref:4220147)   #73
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I hope McLaren have the wisdom to combine the prize money for first and second and give each driver half.It might help the healing.
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:42 (Ref:4220148)   #74
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i think the c4 team handled the rather awkward situation rather well but frustration all round
Old 21 Jul 2024, 19:48 (Ref:4220151)   #75
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Frustration for Norris, for sure... He's the guy with a chance of challenging for the Championship. Incomprehensible – or am I missing something here?

Last edited by sparkione; 21 Jul 2024 at 19:59.