Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Mar 2015, 21:50 (Ref:3514607)   #51
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Since when does pole mean points?
Just a tongue in cheek remark that PRA are finding form on a weekend where championship points aren't given.

Don't delve too far into it, mate
Old 12 Mar 2015, 21:58 (Ref:3514609)   #52
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its cool, i knew what you meant
I was just suggesting more when does pole position really mean anything. It just who starts on the front at the start Think back to october and the guy that started last won and the guy who started on pole finished 16th
Old 12 Mar 2015, 22:12 (Ref:3514614)   #53
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good point. Whenever I look for a form guide at four short sprint races at a non-points paying round at the Grand Prix, I quickly delve back to the history books to see what happened around Mt Panorama at Australia's greatest race. The similarities are obvious.
Old 12 Mar 2015, 23:35 (Ref:3514632)   #54
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Good point. Whenever I look for a form guide at four short sprint races at a non-points paying round at the Grand Prix, I quickly delve back to the history books to see what happened around Mt Panorama at Australia's greatest race. The similarities are obvious.
well ok because you decided to argue, maybe you can give me some recent facts on non-points paying round at the Grand Prix.

did last years front row win the meeting?

and how did the slowest qualifier go for the meeting?
Old 13 Mar 2015, 01:21 (Ref:3514660)   #55
glenn_a
Racer

Australia
not far from the paddocks of Oran Park
glenn_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
well ok because you decided to argue, maybe you can give me some recent facts on non-points paying round at the Grand Prix.

did last years front row win the meeting?

and how did the slowest qualifier go for the meeting?
You find our answers here,
http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/#2

But here is the quick version for you.

Qualifying saw Caruso take pole,
All 4 races were won by the man who qualified 2nd SVG. But would have started from pole on the other 3 races.
As for last qualifier it was Holdsworth and he finished 20th in race 1.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 01:31 (Ref:3514663)   #56
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenn_a View Post
You find our answers here,
http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/#2

But here is the quick version for you.

Qualifying saw Caruso take pole,
All 4 races were won by the man who qualified 2nd SVG. But would have started from pole on the other 3 races.
As for last qualifier it was Holdsworth and he finished 20th in race 1.
thanks. Im well aware how to find results, as is mayhem.

SVG finishesd 14th in race 4 and 5th for the meeting. Caruso finished 3rd and Lowndes who qualified 6th finished 2nd for the meeting

Lee holdworth finished 13 for the meeting

The point being as per the original post, that a pole position does not mean a race win
Old 13 Mar 2015, 02:46 (Ref:3514668)   #57
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really do feel sorry for Giedo van Der Garde. He won his court cases twice against Monisha and yet has to sit out? I don't know how Monisha managed to get away with it and yet lose both court decisions. He should go back to the courts and demand some big punishment for Kalterborn. Adrian Sutil should demand some action as well against Sauber.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 03:56 (Ref:3514675)   #58
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Race 1 over and great to see someone else up the front, but that was one boring race.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 03:57 (Ref:3514676)   #59
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Ad breaks in a 65km race....

...but yay rolling starts!
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:06 (Ref:3514714)   #60
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
QUICK FORD IS WINNING EVERYTHING THE PARITY IS BROKEN

Oh sorry, 888 didn't win, wrong post...

Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:08 (Ref:3514715)   #61
The Pressure !!
Racer

Australia
Sydney
The Pressure !! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
I really do feel sorry for Giedo van Der Garde. He won his court cases twice against Monisha and yet has to sit out? I don't know how Monisha managed to get away with it and yet lose both court decisions. He should go back to the courts and demand some big punishment for Kalterborn. Adrian Sutil should demand some action as well against Sauber.
His super licence hasn't been renewed by the FIA yet, no licence no race.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:14 (Ref:3514718)   #62
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
QUICK FORD IS WINNING EVERYTHING THE PARITY IS BROKEN

Oh sorry, 888 didn't win, wrong post...

Ford don't participate in the series.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 08:53 (Ref:3514733)   #63
William5
Racer

William5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pressure !! View Post
His super licence hasn't been renewed by the FIA yet, no licence no race.
He has a contract for 2015 and was ordered by the courts to participate this weekend. Sauber failed to do this and the rumours are Monisha Kalterborn sacked, fined and jail time. She should know better and Peter Sauber would be furious at what is happening to the team.

Sauber team sucks anyway and gotten beaten by Marussia is embarrassing. If a 17 year old bet them in qualifying then what hope do they have? I'd rather Marcus Ericsson gone for good as he was not too shining and I do know what Sauber sees in the guy. Maybe Adrian Sutil should put even more heat considering what i believe he had a contract.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3514736)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Errrr... does Sauber participate in V8SC?

I thought not...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Mar 2015, 09:14 (Ref:3514738)   #65
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Errrr... does Sauber participate in V8SC?

I thought not...
No, but probably a lot more interesting than the 2 processional V8SC races that were run today.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 09:50 (Ref:3514749)   #66
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reload View Post
No, but probably a lot more interesting than the 2 processional V8SC races that were run today.
PRA must have put in a genuine effort but are the leading teams just treating the event as a test session?
Old 13 Mar 2015, 10:48 (Ref:3514763)   #67
The Pressure !!
Racer

Australia
Sydney
The Pressure !! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William5 View Post
He has a contract for 2015 and was ordered by the courts to participate this weekend. Sauber failed to do this and the rumours are Monisha Kalterborn sacked, fined and jail time. She should know better and Peter Sauber would be furious at what is happening to the team.

Sauber team sucks anyway and gotten beaten by Marussia is embarrassing. If a 17 year old bet them in qualifying then what hope do they have? I'd rather Marcus Ericsson gone for good as he was not too shining and I do know what Sauber sees in the guy. Maybe Adrian Sutil should put even more heat considering what i believe he had a contract.
Yes im aware of all that, but the reason he was not in the car today is because his super licence renewal has not yet been approved by the FIA for what ever reason.
Old 13 Mar 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3514765)   #68
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pressure !! View Post
Yes im aware of all that, but the reason he was not in the car today is because his super licence renewal has not yet been approved by the FIA for what ever reason.
Because Sauber needed to list his contract with the FIA but they refused. thus the court case today
Old 13 Mar 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3514772)   #69
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
PRA must have put in a genuine effort but are the leading teams just treating the event as a test session?
Reckon there was more sand bagging going on today than during the recent cyclones and flooding!
Old 13 Mar 2015, 11:25 (Ref:3514774)   #70
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Please use THIS THREAD to talk about Sauber...

There are lots of nice people over there...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Mar 2015, 13:24 (Ref:3514805)   #71
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Please use THIS THREAD to talk about Sauber...

There are lots of nice people over there...
Is the Sauber chat a reflection on today's races?
Old 13 Mar 2015, 14:20 (Ref:3514816)   #72
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, could Sauber driver #3 might have a drive within the V8 Supercars if they won't let him race.

There, kept the F1 chain going along but drove it back to the V8's. (Pun intended) /smartypants
Old 14 Mar 2015, 01:41 (Ref:3514970)   #73
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Channel 10, are you broadcasting the car racing or promo's for your z grade tv celebs?
Old 14 Mar 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3514973)   #74
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its like this every year. Cringy
Old 14 Mar 2015, 02:00 (Ref:3514974)   #75
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
i was watching the telecast on fox yesterday and they did not have this. however only watched for an hour so the rest of the telecast may have been different