Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 6 Oct 2007, 22:46 (Ref:2033286)   #51
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In my mind taking out RX3 pretty much destroys the circuit, what's left, one loose tight right hander off the start and then a bit of pretty much straight loose onto another straight. Sorry guys, but it'll be boring.

Turnaround and schedule will also suffer as the clubs won't be able to use the tarmac for the dummy grids.
Old 6 Oct 2007, 22:59 (Ref:2033295)   #52
mike coyne
Rookie

mike coyne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this layout has been used before and dummy grids can be set up in the paddock area which was also done before. may take a bit more organising for a few events until everyone gets used to it. will see how all drivers react to changes if any.
Old 7 Oct 2007, 08:48 (Ref:2033641)   #53
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
How does that effect the balance of the circuit as a percentage of tarmac vs loose? I can't remember what the range of the split is but if you remove a loose section from the circuit that could put it outside what's legal? (or is it only a guideline figure?)
Old 7 Oct 2007, 12:57 (Ref:2033917)   #54
dp35
Rookie

dp35 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be approx 8 -9 seconds on loose now!
Old 8 Oct 2007, 08:23 (Ref:2034718)   #55
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
3. RALLYCROSS CIRCUITS
Characteristics:
Length: minimum: 800m; maximum: 2000m.
Width: minimum: 10m; maximum: 25 m
Composition:
Sealed surface (asphalt, concrete, etc.): minimum
35 % maximum 60 %.
The remainder unsurfaced (consolidated /
stabilised earth or gravel). Anti-dust treatment is
obligatory.
Gradients: must not be steeper than 10
Old 8 Oct 2007, 08:43 (Ref:2034730)   #56
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's a shame to loose the gravel section out back. It used to sort out the men from the boys. If you're going to remove a gravel section then you must replace it with another gravel section somewhere else. If we wanted to race that particular part of the track, we would go circuit racing.

Mondello, please bring back Rallycross.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 08:58 (Ref:2034746)   #57
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
3. RALLYCROSS CIRCUITS
Characteristics:
Sealed surface (asphalt, concrete, etc.): minimum
35 % maximum 60 %.
The remainder unsurfaced (consolidated /
stabilised earth or gravel). Anti-dust treatment is
obligatory.
Hmm, just taking a look at my rough diagram, showing RX1 & RX2 in red, and RX3 in dark red and tarmac in black, it looks like more than 60% black to me.....
Attached Thumbnails
mondello_rx.gif  
Old 8 Oct 2007, 09:33 (Ref:2034774)   #58
subaru man
Rookie

subaru man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
any sign of the entry list yet ??????
Old 8 Oct 2007, 09:41 (Ref:2034784)   #59
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Plus RX1 on a dry day may as well be considered as tarmac section !!

From what I have been told, Mondello aren't prepared to pay for RX3 to be regraded anymore. From the drivers I have talked to I think mike you will be in the minority of drivers who think leaving RX3 out is a good idea. I have to agree that if most rallycross drivers wanted such a smooth ride they would buy a punto and go circuit racing.

I fear that Mondello know that they have rallycross over a barrel and that they have no interest left in the sport and unless its on their terms the only hope left for rallycross in ireland is for a purpose built track to be opened somewhere else.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 10:24 (Ref:2034821)   #60
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
TBH Mondello seem to have lost interest in racing completely. Karts are gone, now RallyX is being targetted.

I wonder how long before bikes and cars are gone too and they just turn the place into a corporate playground instead.

Shame really, but not unexpected.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 16:22 (Ref:2035064)   #61
PhilChicken
Rookie

PhilChicken should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Chicken are bringing the Saxo over to play. With a few orange pasangers.

Just a few questions, What time is scruteneering on Saturday? and more importantly is the Bar open on Saturday night?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:41 (Ref:2035121)   #62
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if The exit out of the top corner is going to develop that nasty rut on the right hand side as you exit the corner......

In saying that Rallycross 1 was starting to rut bad last day....

Lets hope for rain

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 8 Oct 2007, 17:54 (Ref:2035135)   #63
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
The Fiddler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in my humble opinion i would say that it is not only mondello who have a say in the track. surely there is a safety officer who would consult mondello and the powers that be ie. club reps. and this would be agreed by them. if you look at some of the serious accidents like m. curtis that happened at rx3. so is now a case of keeping rx3 and lose cars and competitors just for some peoples enjoyment of watching people damage cars or keep the sport safe and ask club reps where the new section of loose will be. roundy maybe you need to look at the bigger picture and if you're not happy talk to the driver rep or raise it at the next forum.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:09 (Ref:2035154)   #64
tkiwan
Racer

Ireland
Kildare
tkiwan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first and second loose sections are being resurfaced at the moment and new loose spread after . this is the only circuit we have so until we get another option that is it RX3 does not meet those regs on 10m on entrance or exit i dont think so i have measured it in the past. A diffrent layout to the new year so what drivers are always saying they want to race on diffrent tracks to mondello well here is a change in layout try it YOU might like it. if RX3 is to return a lot of money has to be spent 6 events a year is not going to pay for it. You should all know me Tom Kirwan I dont hid my id but What i am saying is the cold hard facts. So give it a chance and help the 2 clubs keep rallycross going and we will keep trying to improve the circuit and the sport.

Last edited by tkiwan; 8 Oct 2007 at 18:15.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:20 (Ref:2035164)   #65
mike coyne
Rookie

Roundy you may have picked me up wrong on some of the points i made. I would speak with a number of drivers in all classes and i would be in the majority that would be glad to see rx3 gone.
We have used this section for at least 9 years and in that time we have had numberous accidents and car breakages.
To List a few;
Vincent Deery Rolled nova
Dessie Tierney Heavy Crash damage
Mick Curtis/ kyle Orr crash damage
Paul Burn Crash damage ford fiesta
junior mini crash and rolls.

This is a clubmans sport and most of the competitors that are involved in accidents would not have their cars repaired in time to compete in the next rounds as they are so close together and funds maybe in short supply never mind trying to get the time to do all repairs.
this is only a temporary solution to a long term problem. i believe that the clubs will talk to mondello and together would come up with a different track layout which would be better for all.
Just for the record i have raced a punto, striker and a group N saloon car but have to say nothing could entice me away from rallycross where you have the best of all worlds - tarmac & loose.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:28 (Ref:2035173)   #66
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
well said tom. couldn't have put it better myself. for those of you who do know me you know my reason for having a pseudo name. well said michael and pat on the back to you both for being under your own name. will look forward to new track layout. terrible to think that some people will always give out about whats happening so instead of sitting on the fence its time to get off you're butts and do something about it. its called being pro-active much better than re-active.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 18:56 (Ref:2035203)   #67
Audi S1
Racer

Audi S1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any sign of an entry list yet or any indications if any european drivers have entered?

Its less than a week to the event now and we normally have an entry list by now?

Michael any ideas?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:10 (Ref:2035213)   #68
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
have heard that entries were slow to arrive at office so this has caused delay in list. dont know if bar will be open on saturday will let all know if i hear anything.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 19:54 (Ref:2035249)   #69
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I still havnt recieved any confirmation after usbmitting it electronically...

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 8 Oct 2007, 20:02 (Ref:2035257)   #70
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
have had a few problems myself with it. will have to talk to john morris about it again as last time i said it told was no problem. ring jenny in the office as if no confirmation received could mean no entry in for event. better to be safe than sorry.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 20:34 (Ref:2035290)   #71
Matti Alamaki
Racer

Matti Alamaki should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the fairest thing to do is talk to drivers and take a vote.

Does anybody have any ideas what could be done for a replacement gravel section?

Perhaps the way forward would be to completely re-thing the current situation, bring the track back up to European standard and get the ERC back?
Old 8 Oct 2007, 20:42 (Ref:2035300)   #72
Louis O Connell
Rookie

Ireland
Louis O Connell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody have the points for the irc supermodified which include the round in pembry ??
Old 8 Oct 2007, 21:05 (Ref:2035321)   #73
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fiddler
have had a few problems myself with it. will have to talk to john morris about it again as last time i said it told was no problem. ring jenny in the office as if no confirmation received could mean no entry in for event. better to be safe than sorry.
Ive almost been caught out on a number of occations with the electronic entry, i know alot of other people have had the same. I think it really needs to be re-raised (Anne if your reading drop me a line).

Havnt gotten a entrylist emailed to me yet.

Old 8 Oct 2007, 21:11 (Ref:2035327)   #74
The Fiddler
Racer

Ireland
if you contact tom kirwan he looks after the points.

in relation to the track changes i think that we should wait and see how sunday runs before making judgement calls. otherwise it will only ruin the days racing for competitors and spectators alike. i thinks all grievances should be aired after the event. if the work on rx 1 & 2 is carried out this week it shows that mondello are interested in keeping rallycross and we dont know if any futher changes will be made to the track.
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing and i think it would be better to get the full story behind changes before jumping to conclusions and arriving at the wrong one. by jumping to conclusions and arriving at the wrong one we could potentially damage the reputation of the clubs, drivers and the future of rallycross in mondello.
Old 8 Oct 2007, 21:17 (Ref:2035329)   #75
mike coyne
Rookie

hi michael, you will need to raise this with john morris as it was raised at committee level before and we were assured that system was working ok. dont have a date for next meeting but will put it on agenda again. anne