Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 11 Aug 2010, 09:42 (Ref:2742968)   #51
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The car isnt ilegal at all

Only in the eyes of a certain driver, lol!!
Old 11 Aug 2010, 22:26 (Ref:2743274)   #52
NeilB
Rookie

England
NeilB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Comment of the week from Chris Cowley, worthy of TV Burp status.

"He put me in Ambulance so I put him in one. That's not tit-for-tat"

So what was it then?
Old 11 Aug 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2743285)   #53
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Haha, welcome to the world of stock cars my friend!

Speaking as a fan of the last 10 years, old man Cowley is fair enough, tidy, fast and good fun. Young Chris is very quick on occasion, but takes his brain out far too often! Its fair game but I wouldnt say he is the most popular driver amongst regular fans, but then again neither is Tony Smith, the guy on the receiving end!

The Smith Wainman thing is genuine, on track they are fairly good to each other, but the cheat/counter cheat stuff is spot on. Always has been.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 00:12 (Ref:2743319)   #54
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post

So what was it then?
Yes that was quite glaring!

Not one of lifes intellectuals it would seem.
Old 12 Aug 2010, 21:17 (Ref:2743783)   #55
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We all know Chris Cowley is a chav.

Overall I'm enjoying the series. Northampton next week
Old 13 Aug 2010, 21:03 (Ref:2744334)   #56
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's be honest, there's just as bad in long circuit club racing! (both chavs, and the "cheat / counter cheat" accusations).

I wondered about the girl as well, I suppose it makes a better story to focus on her owning a horse rather than winning races in junior formulae. The programme isn't so bad but it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be - a documentary or a reality "soap".

Circuit racing could take a lot from the short ovals, though - too many different interests between circuit owners / promoters / organisers / drivers.
Old 13 Aug 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2744383)   #57
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilB View Post

So what was it then?
My comment as it was screened......"that's exactly what it is, you ****!"

I do despair for the younger generation....
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:19 (Ref:2746184)   #58
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I shall assume that Chris Cowley got another ban for the hit shown last night
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:32 (Ref:2746195)   #59
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Oh my god, how whiny are the Wainmans? Someone has a better car than you... get over it.
Old 17 Aug 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2746196)   #60
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Ahaha, well the car in quesaiton has actually been sort of banned now! IE noone can build one like it again!

What the idea is that the engine can be moved across slightly and possibly lower, it is a small advantage.

But they could build one too!!
Old 18 Aug 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2746636)   #61
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Enjoying this TV, a little patronising as far as the commentator is concerned I thought but great skills evident. My son and I went to Odsal a lot and it is a shame Rugby threw them out.

I recall a demonstartion race, must have been in the 1970s I suppose when a few stockcar guys raced against a few motorsport notables from "up north". As I recall there was Tony Fall, Tony Dean, Chris Meek, David Hepworth and Richard Simms. They let the motorsport guys start in front and Fall very nearly won. Afterwards it was said that Tony Fall offered a rally test to Andy(?) Smith.
Old 18 Aug 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2746653)   #62
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
old man

I think it would have been Stuart Smith Sr, the guy shouting at everyone in the piece!! He was the star man back then.

Many times,short oval racing drivers have shone against others. Even mechanics who have been invovled in short oval racing are praised for their work due to the speedy turnaround they can offer compared to normal mechanics.

You will see in a latter episide that Frank changes an engine during a meeting!

We are also sad to see Odsal used for rugger only, the track layout is still there, which makes it worse!!
Old 19 Aug 2010, 10:11 (Ref:2747039)   #63
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's brilliant TV.

I love oval racing, although my personal experience has only been driving a couple of banger meetings at Wimbledon years ago! Yes it's very different but anyone brought up on the road tracks would love the challenge and should appreciate the skills involved.

No entry fees, prize money, large enthusiastic crowds.....there's a thought.
Old 19 Aug 2010, 11:56 (Ref:2747096)   #64
old man
Veteran

England
UK
old man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridold man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chunder,

You are of course correct, I realised when I shut the computer down, the name Stu Smith should have been automatic, Ah old age!!
Old 19 Aug 2010, 12:24 (Ref:2747113)   #65
mrchrisdavies
Rookie

mrchrisdavies should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Clip from next week episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uQi_gS5i0M
Old 19 Aug 2010, 16:24 (Ref:2747192)   #66
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Flav

As someone who was "converted" many years ago I ahve never looked back.

I used to sit at Donington and Cadwell enjoying a clubby meeting, then went to watch stock cars with someone, they moved the races through so quickly, the recovery was amazing and there were no stupid marshals and flagging for nothing as there is in circuit racing when I sued to watch it.

Just ticked the boxes foir me really and though I can still go and watch normal racing, the fact that in four hours a meeting is done with zillions of overtakes, close racing, handbags, skilled drivers and instant pit acces measn I never stay for long!!
Old 22 Aug 2010, 20:27 (Ref:2748566)   #67
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chunder are the GP Midgets still around? I saw them about ten years ago at Ringwood and it was superb racing. Then again so was the F2 when it came there on rare occasions.
Old 22 Aug 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2748589)   #68
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Blimey Piercarlo, iof you think Midgets are good you must have seen some awful stuff in teh past!

I think they still exist but aer very low on numbers, not really that interesting for fans to be honest and thats bad in short oval racing
Old 30 Aug 2010, 22:04 (Ref:2752469)   #69
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, so where was tonight's programme?
Old 30 Aug 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2752488)   #70
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tomorrow night.
Old 31 Aug 2010, 17:26 (Ref:2752810)   #71
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Rescheduled for the bank Holiday

And if anyone wants to see for real, the biggest event of the year is this weekdn at Coventry Stadium, we have two NZ guys, and an Aussie coming over plus on Friday night a meeting for the Dutch field racing guys that is normally awesome fun.

Give it a go, it's fun, great atmos and if anyones wants some help with whats going on give me a shout!!
Old 31 Aug 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2752811)   #72
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
And, if you are going, be sure not to forget the rigger boots, hi-viz jacket and airhorn!
Old 8 Sep 2010, 11:50 (Ref:2756130)   #73
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the last episode on i player last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. It's done the world of stock cars a power of good in raising it's profile. Just wish they still raced at Odsal as I'd be tempted to pay a visit, everywhere else is a bit far off.
Old 8 Sep 2010, 12:12 (Ref:2756140)   #74
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
For a series supposedly about stock car racing it was nice to see that the final episode actually had some stock car racing in it. The previous few episodes seemed to be little more than a couple of woman throwing insults at each other. I thought I'd tuned into Eastenders by mistake.
Old 9 Sep 2010, 19:27 (Ref:2756937)   #75
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Sheffield isnt too far away if you were near Odsal, and that isa proper track.

And regarding the women, well it has to be marketableto everyone, not just race fans. If you just had race footage even fewer people would watch rather than the nearly 2 million watching each episode.