Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Dec 2004, 23:19 (Ref:1177907)   #51
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe partnering ap with webber wouldn't be a good move for williams, even if ap was as quick as webber, because williams have shown in the last few years what happens when you have 2 drivers who dislike each other.
i think with heidfeld there you would have 2 drivers who can push each other, without any past problems getting in the way of a professional relationship.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 03:53 (Ref:1177968)   #52
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameTeretonga will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would like to see Nick get the job. Personally I think he may be better than Pizzonia but then I thought Pizzonia would haveWebber for breakfast at Jaguar and was wrong.

I still think NH would push Mark harder than Pizzonia, and I'd like to see Nick get a berth with a top team. Especially if he proved to be a Macca beater. How galling it would be for McLaren-Mercedes to suffer after letting Nick go a few years ago.

Last edited by Teretonga; 13 Dec 2004 at 03:54.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 17:25 (Ref:1178429)   #53
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The support for Nicks eems very widespread here, and I feel he's undoubtedly the more talented driver, and has more chance of really bonding with Mark, so there seems to be no good argument in Pizzonia's favour.
Old 13 Dec 2004, 18:46 (Ref:1178527)   #54
Dick Spanner
Racer

Dick Spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Tourer
Pizzonia was doing long runs and wanted to leave early to be at the birth of his child
Distinct lack of commitment there, I'm sure FW and PH will have taken note.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 05:21 (Ref:1178900)   #55
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
He got his priorities absolutely right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Spanner
Distinct lack of commitment there, I'm sure FW and PH will have taken note.
The fact that he wanted to be with his wife giving birth to his child says a lot for the man. I think Frank and Patrick would have been more worried if Pizzonia didn't leave early to be with the birth of his child.

I wish his family all the best.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 12:02 (Ref:1179114)   #56
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At the end of the day, Heidfeld stepped into a new team and into a car better than any he'd driven and was instantly on the pace. Pizzonia proved that he remains quick when testing.

We have the historic animosity between Pizzonia and Webber to contemplate. Now I know that people believe that Williams does not like its drivers to be cozy with one another, but I'd suggest that one of the reasons for their recent decline in form is the fact that Ralf and Juan couldn't stand each other. Sure they wanted to beat each other, but it has to have been divisive within the team. Webber and Pizzonia will only be worse, for Webber's attitude vis a vis AP goes beyond dislike into contempt.

Frankly, (no pun intended) its time for Williams to hire two race drivers who will get ndown to business and work towrd a common goal. They have three fast drivers, they need two good racers: Nick and Mark.
Old 14 Dec 2004, 23:07 (Ref:1179600)   #57
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EERO

Frankly, (no pun intended) its time for Williams to hire two race drivers who will get ndown to business and work towrd a common goal. They have three fast drivers, they need two good racers: Nick and Mark.
I agree totally, my friend.

And furthemore, I think Frank Williams will have to discuss the valuable input which their #1 test driver must be willing to contribute to the team. If there is any inkling of sour grapes here, then somebody will have to go, and it won't be Mark Webber nor Nick Heidfeld.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 00:07 (Ref:1179633)   #58
Raglanparade
Veteran

Australia
Raglanparade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I could imagine if in the first race, Pizza outraces Webber, he would start opening his mouth about mistreatment at Jaguar again..... (ie. "Im the better driver")

I really dont think that a combination of Mark and Pizza will be as strong and coherant as a combination of Mark and Nick

I have a suspicion though that possibly Frank may have promised Pizza the drive earlier in the season in the event of Button not making the switch from BAR. This could be why he has chosen to stay at williams and not seek alternate seats (ie. Red Bull, Jordan... etc).
Old 15 Dec 2004, 00:46 (Ref:1179660)   #59
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhill9884
I could imagine if in the first race, Pizza outraces Webber, he would start opening his mouth about mistreatment at Jaguar again..... (ie. "Im the better driver")

I really dont think that a combination of Mark and Pizza will be as strong and coherant as a combination of Mark and Nick

I have a suspicion though that possibly Frank may have promised Pizza the drive earlier in the season in the event of Button not making the switch from BAR. This could be why he has chosen to stay at williams and not seek alternate seats (ie. Red Bull, Jordan... etc).
I think that if Frank had promised the seat to Pizzonia, he would not have bothered to test Nick Heidfeld, who has out performed Pizzonia in teh so called shootout.

I really doubt that Frank would want a combination last last year where his drivers were taking each other out or trying their best to do so.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 05:09 (Ref:1183595)   #60
flor
Veteran

flor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridflor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to "bild.de" Heidfeld has the 2nd cockpit

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spor...rKomplett.html
Old 20 Dec 2004, 07:49 (Ref:1183641)   #61
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
I think if Pizzonia was Hakkinen/Raikkonen/Michael esque talent-wise, I could forgive Frank Williams for hiring him to partner Webber. You can get past the fact drivers don't get along if they are diamond-in-the-rough superstars. But the simple fact is, he isn't, and Heidfeld will bring at least an extra 20pts IMO than Pizza could.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 08:28 (Ref:1183661)   #62
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is excellent news from Bild.

Over the last 18 months or so I think we have seen a real change in the F! line up, with drivers naturally gravitating to teams that suit their ability.

As a result we will have Schumacher, Barrichello, Button, Sato, Raikkonen, Montoya, Heidfeld, Webber, Fisichella and Alonso in potential race winning cars. With the exception of JPM and the Ferrari pair, all of these have been promoted from the 'also ran' teams in the the last three years.

Ralf and Trulli are probably the fastest pairing out there, but with huge question marks. Therefore, they get a powerful team yet to prove themselves. Even that seems fair too.

In return, we have 'demoted' Coulthard and Villeneuve to teams that could benefit from their experience and give them one last chance at restoring their credibility.

I think we have the best F1 line up for years. I just hope that we get Liuzzi and Davidson into a Jordan or Red Bull so they can race to prove their worth in the same way as Heidfeld and Webber did.

And it would be great to see the likes of Paffett, Green and Carroll getting test slots to boost the talent pool.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1183820)   #63
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
I have to agree there. Heidfeld, Webber and Fisi were in lousy cars, while BAr has moved up 5 notches at least on the scale.

Sato seems to me to be the only misfit in that lineup, and he is the one who has to prove himself or give up his seat to a driver who can produce the goods.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:07 (Ref:1183840)   #64
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by flor
according to "bild.de" Heidfeld has the 2nd cockpit

http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spor...rKomplett.html
www.autosport.com have a different slant on this.

Nick Heidfeld has been handed an early Christmas present after one of the key figures at the Williams-BMW team confirmed at the weekend that the German would definitely be taken on by the team next year – even if he does not land a race drive.

With Williams due to test Heidfeld alongside Antonio Pizzonia in the New Year prior to making a final decision about who will join Mark Webber at the team, BMW motorsport director Mario Theissen has lauded the input the German has made during the two tests he has had with the team so far.

And, speaking to German media at the weekend, Theissen indicated that Williams had already seen enough of Heidfeld's abilities to draft him in as a test driver at the very least.

I hope Nick does get the 2nd seat in the end.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:15 (Ref:1183847)   #65
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That'd be good news if true Flor - Nick has shone in the tests and has all the rigth attributes to be a Williams driver. Whether he can match Webber or not, he should push Mark adn the team forward, and there's no guarantee of Pizzonia doing that.
Old 20 Dec 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1183878)   #66
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlake27
.........Over the last 18 months or so I think we have seen a real change in the F! line up, with drivers naturally gravitating to teams that suit their ability.

As a result we will have Schumacher, Barrichello, .etc,etc....
Extremely well said Red !!!!
For the first time in years the f1 driver market is something near being fair
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:33 (Ref:1184831)   #67
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
EERO

wasn't it Heidfeld that was lazing on the rocky beach in the photo of years gone by?

Might be worth posting that...

And in other news, it looks like DC really isn't going to drive for Williams again. Shame that.

Last edited by Airhead; 21 Dec 2004 at 10:34.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 10:41 (Ref:1184838)   #68
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoffat
EERO

And in other news, it looks like DC really isn't going to drive for Williams again. Shame that.
WHY??
Old 21 Dec 2004, 14:33 (Ref:1185034)   #69
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMoffat
EERO

wasn't it Heidfeld that was lazing on the rocky beach in the photo of years gone by?

Might be worth posting that...

Yes it was! Figures that you'd be the one to remember, muffy. Sadly, the incriminating photo has been excised from Heidfeld's website.

On a brighter note, the rumour mill is ramping up signs are pointing to Heidfeld being in the second seat. The German Media is running the story today and Grove is in full denial mode. Methinks that it will be ultimately be abattle between BMW and Petrobras for influence. My money is on the German ENGINE builder-Petroleum companies are a dime a dozen.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 14:54 (Ref:1185050)   #70
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yes it was! Figures that you'd be the one to remember, muffy. Sadly, the incriminating photo has been excised from Heidfeld's website.

On a brighter note, the rumour mill is ramping up signs are pointing to Heidfeld being in the second seat. The German Media is running the story today and Grove is in full denial mode. Methinks that it will be ultimately be abattle between BMW and Petrobras for influence. My money is on the German ENGINE builder-Petroleum companies are a dime a dozen.
Yep, BMW money pays many more bills at Williams than Petrobras' do, or are likely too.
Old 21 Dec 2004, 19:23 (Ref:1185251)   #71
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
From Yahoo! Sports:

The Williams Formula One team wants to keep the world guessing for up to another six weeks on who will be Australian Mark Webber's teammate next year, but its engine supplier, BMW, has virtually confirmed it will be German Nick Heidfeld.

BMW motor sport director Mario Theissen said Heidfeld will not be sent home after impressive form in recent testing in Spain where he was pitted directly against the other contender for the vacancy, Brazilian Antonio Pizzonia.

"What is important is that the fastest one drives," Theissen said as German media reported that Heidfeld had signed a deal worth about E3 million ($A5.27 million), a figure that would only be paid to a driver to race for a season rather than just test for a team.

Heidfeld drove for Jordan in 2004 and previously raced for Sauber.
PLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEE let this be true...
Old 22 Dec 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1185732)   #72
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Quote:

On a brighter note, the rumour mill is ramping up signs are pointing to Heidfeld being in the second seat. The German Media is running the story today and Grove is in full denial mode.
LINK PLEASE
Old 22 Dec 2004, 10:35 (Ref:1185743)   #73
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A link has already been posted here..
http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO/spor...trag__bmw.html
Old 22 Dec 2004, 11:23 (Ref:1185779)   #74
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
BMW have confirmed he is a signed driver thats all.

Does'nt say if its next to Webber or in the T-car. I think its looking more promising for Nick though.
Old 22 Dec 2004, 11:41 (Ref:1185796)   #75
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I don't really buy the 'it's up to Williams' line on drivers.

Put it this way, if you were BMW and had invested the amount of cash they have into Williams on an annual basis, knowing that the choice of driver was a key factor in earning a return on that investment, you would want to have a say in the decision, surely?