Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 22 Oct 2003, 17:49 (Ref:759805)   #51
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK...caption competition coming up for Woolley`s car pic.

My suggestion is: "Needs slight attention..suit enthusiast"!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 19:09 (Ref:759897)   #52
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
FOR SALE....modified bmw......one careful owner
Old 22 Oct 2003, 20:46 (Ref:759967)   #53
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ascarracinguk
FOR SALE....modified bmw......one careful owner

Oooops, looks like Woolley let the wife put the car in the garage,.............. again !!!!
Old 22 Oct 2003, 20:57 (Ref:759973)   #54
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew this would happen if you put pork pies in the car.
Old 22 Oct 2003, 22:28 (Ref:760062)   #55
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
As I seem to have hijacked the thread (sorry) I'd just like to point out that the front end damage was mine (but genuine accident and very good excuse). When Mrs Woolley put it in the garage it was the passenger door that neded replacing... Mind the vice was the only instructions I ever gave.

So, bak to the thread and another idea. How about a yellow jersey type of thing - maybe coloured headlights? Yellow for championhip leader, green for second, blue for third?
Old 22 Oct 2003, 23:36 (Ref:760111)   #56
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you all very much for your ideas, kind comments and offers to marshal at our rounds next year.
I have found it really intereseting to see how little we need to do to assist you. I'll copy our additional regs to those we appear with next year,(not sure if this will be the same package as this year), and see if I can get them all to follow the same principles. It would certainly make sense and make those meetings more cohesive.
We probably will not get any indication of calendar until the New year, but I'll publish it on the Marshalls forum as soon as we do.
Please make sure that you come and say hello if you are at our meetings, as it would be great to meet you. I'll probably be in car 21 again.
I'll let you know how we get on with the changes and report back on my efforts at the MSA. Most of your ideas would be so simple to mandate in the Blue Book.
Wooley,
I'm not sure that a new badge will cover that damage, but I can send you one to try.
All the best
John
Old 23 Oct 2003, 00:04 (Ref:760127)   #57
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
LOL Actually, the car's fixed, but two days after I had it back the bonnet badge blew off on the motorway. Not enough glue, methinks.

One last thought, then I'll shut up. Are many of your meetings 2 days? If so, simply designate a spot on a campsite/paddock space or whatever for a get together on the first evening. No need to supply beer, we'll happily bring our own, but it's always nice to meet the drivers socially - that's what makes hillclimbing so enjoyable - we get to know the guys away from their cars. All it needs is a notice at sign on telling us where to meet.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 01:08 (Ref:760155)   #58
johnw
Veteran

England
Great idea.
We shall probably have more two day meetings in an attempt to reduce costs, so there should be more beer money about.
We do try to have a bbq at these meetings, so that would work well.
I'll make sure that it happens.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 05:31 (Ref:760251)   #59
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by johnw
Great idea.
We shall probably have more two day meetings in an attempt to reduce costs, so there should be more beer money about.
We do try to have a bbq at these meetings, so that would work well.
I'll make sure that it happens.
OOhh !!! Beer? BBQ? Rear-wheel drive cars?? Count me in !!!!
Old 23 Oct 2003, 05:58 (Ref:760257)   #60
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
lol count me in 2!
Old 23 Oct 2003, 17:12 (Ref:760994)   #61
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Excellent news, I shall definitely make at least one of your meetings in that case. Stu, you keep 'em talking while I nip round the back and prize a badge off a 3 series' bonnet.
Old 23 Oct 2003, 17:48 (Ref:761021)   #62
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Woolley
Stu, you keep 'em talking while I nip round the back and prize a badge off a 3 series' bonnet.
I think you'll find the bonnet to be at the Front !
Old 23 Oct 2003, 19:02 (Ref:761108)   #63
ascarracinguk
Veteran

arent bmws on at the truck festival at donny?
Old 23 Oct 2003, 21:17 (Ref:761277)   #64
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
I think you'll find the bonnet to be at the Front !
Not when you've hit the back of a Mercedes it isn't! But that's not quite what I meant!

Beamers have finished their series, haven't they? So what's on with the trucks?
Old 23 Oct 2003, 21:23 (Ref:761287)   #65
ascarracinguk
Veteran

0930-0945
Karts
Qualifying

0955-1010
Trucks
Qualifying

1020-1035
2 CV
Qualifying

1045-1100
BMW
Qualifying

1110-1125
Trucks
Qualifying

1130-1215
LUNCH BREAK
---

MSA 250cc Gearbox Kart Championship
Race 1: 10 laps

British Truck Racing Assoc. C/Ship
Race 1: 10 laps

2 CV Parts.com Championship
Race: 10 laps

Mark Williams Memorial Trophy BMW
Race: 15 laps

MSA 250cc Gearbox Kart Championship
Race 2: 10 laps

British Truck Racing Assoc. C/Ship
Race 2: 10 laps
Old 24 Oct 2003, 11:30 (Ref:761786)   #66
goforit500
Veteran

goforit500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JohnW - Perhaps you would, in future, take the time to read the whole thread before making derogatory remarks. If you had, then you would have seen that previous to referring to my car burning out, I had suggested ensuring that fire pulls aren't recessed in such a way that they are inoperable to someone wearing gloves.............Typical management consultancy tactic emplyed, methinks.....
Old 24 Oct 2003, 11:36 (Ref:761794)   #67
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BIG SIGH!

Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:15 (Ref:761842)   #68
goforit500
Veteran

:-) Observer !!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:29 (Ref:761851)   #69
goforit500
Veteran

As I seem to have upset you Obs, this is why I responded....Quote from JhonW Post earlier in this thread :

"!In a similar vein, what was the point of goforit500 puffing his blaze again on this thread. What was his good idea?"

Just defending myself. Especially as a later post from JohnW specifically states my suggestion as a good idea !!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:40 (Ref:761867)   #70
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I know I know!
I'm not taking sides or anything like that!

Also I did read John W earlier comment and thought perhaps it should not have been posted.

I just thought everyone was getting along like a house (Or car) on fire!!
You've not upset me at all.....it takes more than that!
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:46 (Ref:761872)   #71
Dutch chap
Veteran

European Union
Holland
Dutch chap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Usually we (marshals) see drivers fighting on circuits, now we even have them on our own forum. This is better than waving at us .
Old 24 Oct 2003, 12:49 (Ref:761877)   #72
goforit500
Veteran

"I just thought everyone was getting along like a house (Or car) on fire!! "

ROFL...Not......
Old 24 Oct 2003, 16:48 (Ref:762065)   #73
johnw
Veteran

England
Touchy!
Bigger recesses around the pulls = great idea
Same link to car blaze on three threads = Unnecessary
Keep smiling
John
Old 24 Oct 2003, 18:45 (Ref:762145)   #74
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
BIG SIGH!

Steady on people !!!

I for one know (far too well ! ) just how easy it is for comments on here to be taken the wrong way. Just remember that so much of communication is visual and tonal. Not an option we have here. (here speaketh the chastened one ).

If you do have an issue with someone then please, (unlike me recently), Think first, Then type. If nescessary, send a pm, but don't post to the open forum. It causes much embarrassment as well as unnescessary posts.

I'm not having a pop at anyone and am taking no sides, it's just that I know how something like this can escalate.

Lecture over;

Happy Posting Guys.
Old 24 Oct 2003, 18:47 (Ref:762147)   #75
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
But to change the subject slightly, are the BMW's at Donington in Nov part of your crew john?