United Kingdom
Redblurr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Forum CLOSED then lol
Old 9 Jan 2004, 19:16 (Ref:832935)   #52
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why don't you yell outside?

I think Schumacher fans can't conceive that other people just don't like him for whatever it might be...

Also, suggesting he isn't the best ever isn't insane. For me Fangio was easily the best ever, because he was older and because he drove in an epoque where drivers were seen as wild men. I will accept that Michael is the best of the current class. (But because Jacques is not in the 2004 field )

Look, I don't think it's insane either to put Jacques or Mika on Michael's level. They don't have 6 titles, true. But in comparable cars, they have given Michael a good fight, Mika more than Jacques. Though I'd like to see Jacques on a comparable car now. He is a much better driver than in 1997; he wouldn't spin out so easily now.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 19:17 (Ref:832937)   #53
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't see why we need to bring nationality into it - not all of us have a touch of the 'Basil Fawlty's' when it comes to Germans....

As for teutonic attitude, it didn't serve HHF very well who was to weak to last in the cool William's environment, for example.

I'm not really a fan of Schumacher, in fact I'm more of an F1 fan in general rather than been focused on one driver or another, however I admire him.

When you are at the top, there is usually only one way to go and that's down, however MS keeps comong back for more, taking on allcomers and whatever William's and McLaren can offer as resistance. Yet through skill, tenacity and maybe a bit of luck, he keeps on winning and you can't help but admire that.

"Everybody raves about senna's passion and outspoken mind and more of that romantic woohaa.
Yet in the heat of the moment mr bombastic drove into prost,arguably a bigger icon in F1 than jacq villeneuve, at 3 or 4 times the speed shumi drove into jacq at jerez 97."

"I didnt like shumi when he entered the sport but gradually he gained my respect and ive seen almost any driver do something silly, something that was not fair.
It just amazes me so many folks keep convicting shumi over something so long ago."

However, in the above you singled out something from long ago to illustrate your argument over Senna, whilst being surprised that others have done the same with MS.......

Last edited by Super Tourer; 9 Jan 2004 at 19:19.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 19:23 (Ref:832939)   #54
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sgjb
WHY DOES EVERYONE WANT TO DEBATE THIS ISSUE OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

I DON'T LIKE MS BUT TO SUGGEST HE ISN'T THE BEST EVER IS INSANE.

HE IS THE BEST NOW AND ALSO THE BEST IN THE HISTORY OF THE SPORT.

PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION!
I guess because this is a discussion forum and it's off season, it may be a well worn topic, but we'll live with it while we can (who knows how long that will be).....no need for the CAPS, by the way, we heard you.

ST
Old 9 Jan 2004, 20:20 (Ref:832972)   #55
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by mansellmania
But you'll agree with me peoples dislike with schumacher also gets influenced by his german passport and accompanying static or teutonic attitude.

No, i won't, nationality has nothing to do with it. As it happens, when Michael first joined F1 i really liked him, and was very happy when he won his first 2 GP's. Then 1994 came along, Michael started playing his mindgames with Damon, but, imo too much, putting him down too much, saying that he wasn't good enough to be Williams number 1 driver etc ( a position he was put in under tragic circumstances) then Adelaide 1994 happened. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on that, i have mine. NATIONALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mansellmania

Some journalist wrote a few days ago it was better for the sport if juan pablo montoya would win because "he has the personality'
That journalist came from your favourite magazine, the same magazine that you seem to have a crusade against and he's entitled to his own opinion too. Yes, he did say that, but that wasn't because he doesn't rate Michael. And i doubt that it was because of his nationality either, but because of his personality.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 20:25 (Ref:832979)   #56
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This Mansellmania guy.........is he a 10 10ths plant for Off season ....kind of like a modern day Jeremy Beadle ?...

For the record , I think Michael is a damm good driver , probally was/is the best in the world....but im not that keen on him , but not cause he is German , but because of many shadey incidents throughout his career which i didnt admire ...although he was just fantastic to watch every year at Silverstone going through Copse corner in qualifying mode..

Last edited by Sato san; 9 Jan 2004 at 20:30.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 20:33 (Ref:832987)   #57
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
This Mansellmania guy.........is he a 10 10ths plant for Off season ....kind of like a modern day Jeremy Beadle ?...

Ssshhh - we don't want everyone else to know.....
Old 9 Jan 2004, 20:33 (Ref:832989)   #58
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr V
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion on that, i have mine. NATIONALITY HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!

That journalist came from your favourite magazine, the same magazine that you seem to have a crusade against and he's entitled to his own opinion too. Yes, he did say that, but that wasn't because he doesn't rate Michael. And i doubt that it was because of his nationality either, but because of his personality.
Well whatever, like you say everyone entitled to own opinion.

I just think shumi has changed a lot, is more praisworthy to his team than senna or mansell ever where, and still sets the benchmark for how to be a complete driver imo.

The only bad action i saw this year was his move vs alonso at silverstone.
Then again what Alonso did to DC at the new style nurburg.. err track ( refuse to call it ring wasnt really nice either.
Old 9 Jan 2004, 20:58 (Ref:833008)   #59
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I think we are going in a circle here folks, and heading for old ground.....

CLOSED.