Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 11 Dec 2003, 21:22 (Ref:809598)   #51
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SSHHHH macdaddy!!!!, we don't want Liz to find out that NASCAR is the biggest series in Canada!

Danica Patrick
Old 11 Dec 2003, 21:42 (Ref:809615)   #52
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't see this mentioned here, but the last I heard was that Tracy has a ride with Richard Childress as soon as he wants to take it. Which will probally be after next season in 2005. I would like to watch him race in a stock car. I think he would do a good job, hot head or not. At least he would stand out from the other drivers.

J.D.
Old 11 Dec 2003, 22:33 (Ref:809657)   #53
Emfa
Veteran

Australia
Colorado Springs
Emfa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Tracy to NASCAR

Quote:
Originally posted by full throttle
Just got word that Tracy is bailing to Rousch NASCAR. Might have to stick a fork in CART/OWRS if this is true. Apparently Rousch press conference set-up for tomorrow, which is coincidentally (??) the same day that CART board will decide on OWRS proposal.

This is a rumour, but comes from goods sources.
What became of the press conference? Is there even a grain of truth to this? :confused:
Old 11 Dec 2003, 22:39 (Ref:809666)   #54
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by paul-collins
True, but so long as a race series relies on sponsorship dollars to operate, and draws these funds from the same sources as NASCAR, it has to face the reality that NASCAR sucks the air out of whatever arena it enters.
You're right, but Nascar is expensive and CART can offer different things to sponsors so that they can get similar bang for the buck or perhaps better.
Old 13 Dec 2003, 06:36 (Ref:810782)   #55
oily oaf
Racer

oily oaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My fears over Tracy's much vaunted defection to Nascar grew last nite when I hailed a taxi cab in Whitechapel road. I couldn't help but notice that the driver bore a striking resemblance to the great man and my suspicion deepened when I asked to be taken to Clapham Junction and he replied in a clearly fake cockney accent "leave it ahhht squire I dont go saarf of the river know wot I mean guvnor" He then proceeded to take me on a whirlwind tour of London back streets including a 5 lap circuit of Parliament Square before depositing me back at our departure point and demanding the thick end of 30 quid and speeding off into the nite. I will say tho that during our epic journey he did manage to single handedly solve the crisis in Iraq, the Irish question, Britains part in the European constitution and West Ham's problems in defence. However the telling moment for me was when he exclaimed "ere I 'ad that Tony George in me cab last night mate" Is he leaving? Go figure!