Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 22 Oct 2004, 16:24 (Ref:1132134)   #51
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by STEVE MAGILL
AI watched the 1972 & 1973 season on tv in germany last week, now let me tell you THAT'S RACING.
Any idea what the program was called (other than F1 racing) or if it's possible to buy VHS/DVDs of it?
Old 22 Oct 2004, 20:35 (Ref:1132361)   #52
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re: Formula One Formula Joke

Quote:
Originally posted by STEVE MAGILL
How can we call Formula One the ultimate, when the racings rubbish, if you go to a race your fleeced, you can't get near the drivers. I saw a little girl wait 2 hours to see schuee, and he walked straight into his motorhome.
f1 needs to take some lessons of nascar and irl, which caters to put on a great racing spectacle, and give real race fans fantastic value for money.
Go watch IRL & NASCAR then!...Formula One is the highest form of motor racing by being the highest form of technology and performance. The majority of the drivers are super athletes and the best drivers in the world.

Think of F1 like a race to fly across the atlantic for unlimited airplanes and 10 aerospace companies build a Stealth type plane and the pilots jockey at the mass start and then string out one behind the other at supersonic pace! Amazing pilots! in Amazing machines...and YOU want over-taking and access to the pilots and at a cheap price!!!...Huh! Funny guy!
Old 22 Oct 2004, 20:42 (Ref:1132372)   #53
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by luke
Well F1 is the ultimate motor racing.

Currently it is not the most exciting and fan friendly.

But you have to look on the bright side.
Michael and Ferrari are in a world of their own, and win a vast majority of the races, but there are moments in Football when it gets boring, for example Arsenal haven’t lost for 49 games, now that's what you call domination.

Ferrari's dominance shall not last much longer.
To be honest I think this year was just a blip.
BAR and Renault improved but Mclaren and Williams have got worse and Ferrari are just magic.

But what you are seeing now is history, and it probably shall not happen again.
Just take the rough with the smooth.

I used to be frustrated especially after a brilliant '03 season. But I can ensure you '05 shall be a cracker.
Haven’t the last 4 races been great?
You have just got to give it time.

If you are a real F1 fan you would accept it.

Hope u are right!
hope u are so right, cause i'm sick and tired of watching a one CAR SHOW!
Old 22 Oct 2004, 23:58 (Ref:1132523)   #54
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Unfortunately, I don't think luke is right. Ferrari have not shown any signs of slipping at all, while Williams, McLaren and Renault have. I'm afraid the only way Ferrari is going to lose their (death) grip on the other F1 teams, is for MS to retire, and he's enjoying it too much to oblige.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 09:29 (Ref:1132761)   #55
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Ferrari can be beaten by McLaren and Williams. How???? Simple michelin to produce a better tyre than bridgestone....job done
Old 23 Oct 2004, 12:35 (Ref:1132893)   #56
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's bad enough that so amny existing fans are losing itnerest in F1 - teh major problem is that the sport is struggling to atrract new young fans in its traditional areas. Most teenagers ahve no interest in the sport - they see it as a bland procession. If they ge thooked on any form or racing, it's bikes or touring cars - stuff with more action.
Old 23 Oct 2004, 16:18 (Ref:1133025)   #57
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I was watching the Shanghai race a couple of weeks ago, and for about the first 3 laps I was thinking "Hey, this is actually pretty exciting!".

By about lap 4 I was thinking "Mmmm, where did all the other cars go?"

I think one of the best racing series currently around, is the 125cc support class for MotoGP. I remember a race about 4 years back in Germany where at the end of the race. There was a pack of ten bikes all jockeying for the lead. In the space of 3 F1 cars head-to-tail, there were 10 motorbikes. Every corner there were about 4 position changes. When the leader came out of a corner a bit slow and got slip-streamed down a straight, he'd be passed by 4 or 5 other bikes.

I think Harada eventually took it out. It was an amazing race though, no bookie worth their salt would have been prepared to call it.