Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 28 Sep 2005, 03:42 (Ref:1418463)   #51
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actaully, I did tape it, and do intend to keep it.

And mabs, did you actually see the race? It was full of action. Servia just about got by Bourdais in the last two or three laps but Bourdais moved up on him and proabably scared the crap out of Servia. They were both on push to pass for the whole last lap. Lot's of close racing throughout the grid throughout the race with cars going two and three wide all over the place.

If there's one thing that this race told me, it's that champcar should have more ovals. I've always been a quiet fan of the triple crown super-speedway idea that has been tossed around here, but now I'm going to step up to active participant.
Old 28 Sep 2005, 04:11 (Ref:1418473)   #52
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Oooh... Don't get me started!
The "Triple Crown" is something I dream about at night!
Think about it...
Las Vegas was 249 miles.
Do that twice.
Three times.

I'm a great fan of all of these young guns we have driving ChampCars, yet I'd love to see if they (and the teams/cars) have the stamina to run 500m and 8+ pitstops.

Villeneuve might say, "Other than a five, what other kind of race can you win from 2-laps down?"

Okay... You got me started. And I'm sorry.
Back to the topic at hand...
Old 28 Sep 2005, 05:32 (Ref:1418499)   #53
mabs_nsx
Veteran

Australia
Where Rally Aus belongs - Perth, WA
mabs_nsx is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega99
Actaully, I did tape it, and do intend to keep it.

And mabs, did you actually see the race? It was full of action. Servia just about got by Bourdais in the last two or three laps but Bourdais moved up on him and proabably scared the crap out of Servia. They were both on push to pass for the whole last lap. Lot's of close racing throughout the grid throughout the race with cars going two and three wide all over the place.

If there's one thing that this race told me, it's that champcar should have more ovals. I've always been a quiet fan of the triple crown super-speedway idea that has been tossed around here, but now I'm going to step up to active participant.
Yes

The top 3 (2 after Bourdais hit Tracy) were close but oval races are meant to be very close. (not just between 1st-3rd)

I would really like to see more ovals in CC's. But only if there was very close racing. (as close as IRL)
Old 28 Sep 2005, 23:15 (Ref:1419471)   #54
Omega99
Veteran

Canada
9Henday
Omega99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caution periods are largely what keep oval races close. Las Vegas only had one, so I think that contributed to it. And I'm not complaining. There was a time I thought it was going to be caution free, then the Bourdais/Tracy thing happened.

I guess people either found it exciting or were hoping for more.
Old 1 Oct 2005, 02:00 (Ref:1421380)   #55
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
GBoehm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy
Oooh... Don't get me started!
The "Triple Crown" is something I dream about at night!
Think about it...
Las Vegas was 249 miles.
Do that twice.
Three times.

I'm a great fan of all of these young guns we have driving ChampCars, yet I'd love to see if they (and the teams/cars) have the stamina to run 500m and 8+ pitstops.

Villeneuve might say, "Other than a five, what other kind of race can you win from 2-laps down?"

Okay... You got me started. And I'm sorry.
Back to the topic at hand...
Zanardi....... Long Beach..... Nuff Said.
Old 1 Oct 2005, 03:35 (Ref:1421398)   #56
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
Was Zanardi two laps down? I remembered it as being "only" one.
Old 1 Oct 2005, 03:38 (Ref:1421399)   #57
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
according to his book it was 2
Old 1 Oct 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1421607)   #58
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's only one, GBoehm. (I've got the book too).

Actually in the same paragraph he talks both about "regaining the lap" and "making up the lost laps", so you don't really know if it's one or two. From memory I'd say just one.
Old 1 Oct 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1421659)   #59
GBoehm
Racer

United States
San Ramon, CA
Gotcha.... I broke my arm a few days back so I am on some pain killers that obscure my judgement.