Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Aug 2024, 17:45 (Ref:4222484)   #51
AJD
Rookie

AJD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Important to remember Cook has just got out of that car and had a camera and microphone stuck under his nose.

Heat of the moment stuff and imagine what he would see from his position would be limited. Easy for us to sit here and say who's to blame or raise an eyebrow at his comments of the events.
Old 11 Aug 2024, 17:56 (Ref:4222486)   #52
JDMROB
Racer

JDMROB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
As for Watson, he had a terrible weekend and is the single biggest disappointment of the year for me, both in terms of his pace/performance and his racecraft.
Agree. Terribly disappointing season so far. Not sure what he must be thinking getting completely outclassed by the team and drivers he left to join Toyota either.

Huff showed his class once again today. He is a pleasure to have in the championship this year. That race 3 drive was brilliant.
Old 11 Aug 2024, 18:11 (Ref:4222489)   #53
swooshiain
Racer

Scotland
swooshiain should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJD View Post
Important to remember Cook has just got out of that car and had a camera and microphone stuck under his nose.

Heat of the moment stuff and imagine what he would see from his position would be limited. Easy for us to sit here and say who's to blame or raise an eyebrow at his comments of the events.

100%. People seem to forget that Louise Goodman's job is like any other trackside reporter - get in a driver's face while the adrenaline is still pumping, so that they hopefully say something regretible that makes for good tv.
Old 11 Aug 2024, 18:19 (Ref:4222491)   #54
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just seen DeLeon has failed ride height and has been disqualified from Race 3, meaning he loses both the Independents and Jack Sears wins.
Old 11 Aug 2024, 18:55 (Ref:4222493)   #55
cxx666
Rookie

United Kingdom
Edinburgh
cxx666 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Really enjoyed watching that qualifying format in person yesterday.
On the contrary, having seen it in person at both Croft and Knockhill, I found it even more boring than I have watching it at home on YouTube.
Old 11 Aug 2024, 20:12 (Ref:4222497)   #56
TinTopGrumpy
Rookie

TinTopGrumpy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Guess it's down to each individual. Most of the time if something out of character from another driver has happened to me on track I think something I don't know has happened. Even when I've had a microphone stuck in my face in parce ferme I haven't thrown a mate under the bus.
Old 11 Aug 2024, 21:31 (Ref:4222498)   #57
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTopGrumpy View Post
Guess it's down to each individual. Most of the time if something out of character from another driver has happened to me on track I think something I don't know has happened. Even when I've had a microphone stuck in my face in parce ferme I haven't thrown a mate under the bus.
Yeah, I mean, Cook saying not necessarily the wisest thing in the heat of the moment is perfectly understandable because of the emotions involved but on the other hand, there are drivers who can just express their frustration about what happened to them but hold off on pointing fingers before they can see replays and analyse the situation.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 05:51 (Ref:4222509)   #58
AJD
Rookie

Being in the hunt for the championship does strange things to people as well. Couldn't tell you off the top of my head if Cook is closer to top spot in the standings this year over previous ones however he probably felt he had an outside chance and was on course for a very strong weekend again.

He then proceeded in his eyes to get bashed about off two people also in the hunt for that top spot.

These guys are paying a fortune for the chance to go for that top spot. It's no wonder tempers and emotions run high.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 06:08 (Ref:4222510)   #59
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

True - and we also don't know what his team told him as he was recovering to the pits. It's entirely possible that he was told by the team that certain drivers had 'hit' him causing the incident(s) - which he might see differently when he watches the replays.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 06:49 (Ref:4222512)   #60
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great weekend of racing as ever at Knockhill

Great win from Turkington in R1, he's still in with a shout. Hill's win in R2 is now a big boost to his championship hopes. Hyundai seemed to be on for a disastrous weekend. Thankfully the reverse grid saved Tingram, meaning he hasn't lost that many points. Another good win for Huffy

ATS was mega in qualifying, but didn't seem to have the race pace. De Leon looked spectacular, shame it all went wrong for him in R3
Old 12 Aug 2024, 08:16 (Ref:4222517)   #61
AJD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
True - and we also don't know what his team told him as he was recovering to the pits. It's entirely possible that he was told by the team that certain drivers had 'hit' him causing the incident(s) - which he might see differently when he watches the replays.

Precisely. Look at us on here for example, many of us have differing views when there's an on track incident. Very rarely is it black and white clear cut.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 09:47 (Ref:4222525)   #62
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxx666 View Post
On the contrary, having seen it in person at both Croft and Knockhill, I found it even more boring than I have watching it at home on YouTube.
What I preferred was every driver was on it, most of the time. Instead of cars dawdling around looking for space to do a lap and spending 10 minutes in the pits.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 11:02 (Ref:4222531)   #63
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
What I preferred was every driver was on it, most of the time. Instead of cars dawdling around looking for space to do a lap and spending 10 minutes in the pits.

With respect, especially after the first or second hot lap, most of the "top" ten drivers were realistically cruising around hoping that they didn't need to try to find extra speed. This is the problem especially with the shorter laps; the tyres are already past their best and there seems to be little prospect for the drivers to better their earlier attempts.

The lap charts appear to confirm this.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 13:55 (Ref:4222548)   #64
FFSM
Rookie

FFSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Decent weekend of racing. Loved the Huff / Ingram battle in R3, reminded me a bit of the Plato / Ingram ding-dong at Rockingham a few years ago.

Is it me, or are we seeing quite a few races this year where the leader is several seconds up the road by the end. Is it a hybrid thing? Option tyre? ...Or just my twisted perception?!

I was slightly surprised by NAPA's (particularly Sutton) performance. I thought they'd be getting a few podiums. Though the same could be said of BSM - until race 3 and the reverse draw being kind to them.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 14:03 (Ref:4222549)   #65
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks like Coocky just didn't yield to Hill and went straight into him instead of taking wide line as being much slower

you can see Hill's brakes on
Attached Thumbnails
Untitled.png  
Old 12 Aug 2024, 15:50 (Ref:4222558)   #66
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
looks like Coocky just didn't yield to Hill and went straight into him instead of taking wide line as being much slower

A single screenshot is very rarely enough to tell the full story.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 15:52 (Ref:4222559)   #67
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFSM View Post
Decent weekend of racing. Loved the Huff / Ingram battle in R3, reminded me a bit of the Plato / Ingram ding-dong at Rockingham a few years ago.

Is it me, or are we seeing quite a few races this year where the leader is several seconds up the road by the end. Is it a hybrid thing? Option tyre? ...Or just my twisted perception?!

I was slightly surprised by NAPA's (particularly Sutton) performance. I thought they'd be getting a few podiums. Though the same could be said of BSM - until race 3 and the reverse draw being kind to them.
Sutton was still somehow voted driver of the day according to the fans who awarded him the Jim Clark Trophy.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 16:38 (Ref:4222562)   #68
AJD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

Just type his name right. Bizzare behaviour.
Old 12 Aug 2024, 16:41 (Ref:4222563)   #69
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Just type his name right. Bizzare behaviour.
and Ingram is often referred as Tingram yet you don't complain about it. Bizzare behaviour!
Old 12 Aug 2024, 16:44 (Ref:4222565)   #70
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sutton was still somehow voted driver of the day according to the fans who awarded him the Jim Clark Trophy.
ITV4 assured us they are very knowledgeable fans
Old 12 Aug 2024, 18:07 (Ref:4222571)   #71
coffinpilot
Veteran

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must admit I wasn't keen on Jade when she started, but she's a really good addition now, and considering 'you know' she wasn't straight to Cooks defence at the end there in the closing remarks. Many people would be on the defensive straight away in that situation.

Only just watched it all there, went to Croft this weekend for the historic touring cars and other historics after the pre-66 lot supporting the BTCC. It was a bit naff on track compared to a couple of weeks back. Seems like the HSCC racers are bit more protective of their gear than the CTCRC racers!
Old 12 Aug 2024, 18:31 (Ref:4222573)   #72
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Must admit I wasn't keen on Jade when she started, but she's a really good addition now, and considering 'you know' she wasn't straight to Cooks defence at the end there in the closing remarks. Many people would be on the defensive straight away in that situation.

Sorry, what are supposed to know?
Old 12 Aug 2024, 18:53 (Ref:4222575)   #73
tee.1s
Rookie

tee.1s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sutton was fairly good all weekend, but who is everyone's DOTD?
Old 12 Aug 2024, 19:37 (Ref:4222576)   #74
porsche962fan
Veteran

^ for me Jake Hill

he did best of the title contenders and he did pass quite a few cars in race 2 and 3
Old 12 Aug 2024, 20:14 (Ref:4222579)   #75
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

I did see it billed as vote for your favourite driver as well which I wasn’t surprised at Sutton winning.