Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:27 (Ref:1133603)   #51
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
can they swap cars once the round has begun?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:34 (Ref:1133609)   #52
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kees Weel deserves a knighthood for his composure, given the events of today.

I could be short-sighted in saying this, but perhaps that is the difference between being financially stressed and not?
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:36 (Ref:1133611)   #53
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tiko
I personally think the OzEmail racing team, name Kim Jones, should take a hard look at the way Kees Weel remained composed about the situation whilst being interviewed after his championship contender was smashed off. Hats off to Kees for the way he handled himself, not blaming anyone and basically accepting that this happens in motor racing. You didnt see him march off to the stewards, you didnt see him kick up a massive fuss and whinge his head of on national live tv, Good Luck to PWR in the future.
From what I have heard and read Mr Weel is quite wealthy and being in the situation he finds his team in now (car #50 ready for the crusher) and having probably about 8 days to build a new car before requiring it to be ready to be shipped to Tassie , what does he do ?? What is the fine for not fronting the car at the next round ?? Who has a spare car laying around doing nothing ? Perhaps time for the Kelly gang to make some amends and supply a car to replace the #50 car - See if enough pressure can be brought onto the Clayton gang to supply a vehicle for Bright to conclude his championship challenge . Mr Weel is not in the position that he's in by not being smart , it will be interesting to see how the week unfolds.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:37 (Ref:1133612)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by peckstar
can they swap cars once the round has begun?
No sadly they cant.... but if a car gets totalled in Tassie, the team doesnt have to bust a gut to repair the current one for Eastern Creek....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:39 (Ref:1133613)   #55
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
actually" the golden child (which i beleive bright has driven before) will be sittinga round in the dencar stable, recent race experience and runs the same motor as brights current (possibly ex) car
and tassie is 3 weeks away so they may have a few extra days (did i mention i am going)
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:39 (Ref:1133614)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by xrystl
From what I have heard and read Mr Weel is quite wealthy and being in the situation he finds his team in now (car #50 ready for the crusher) and having probably about 8 days to build a new car before requiring it to be ready to be shipped to Tassie , what does he do ?? What is the fine for not fronting the car at the next round ?? Who has a spare car laying around doing nothing ? Perhaps time for the Kelly gang to make some amends and supply a car to replace the #50 car - See if enough pressure can be brought onto the Clayton gang to supply a vehicle for Bright to conclude his championship challenge . Mr Weel is not in the position that he's in by not being smart , it will be interesting to see how the week unfolds.
PWR still have the yellow and silver VX (PWR's 2003 #16 car) that has run for Mr Krause at different rounds of the series at his disposal.

I presume if the #50 car is dead, and there is a championship at stake (and also a pit lane positioning for 2005 too) that he will offer/be asked to swap cars for the weekend....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Oct 2004, 09:56 (Ref:1133631)   #57
gab73
Rookie

gab73 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by tiko
I personally think the OzEmail racing team, name Kim Jones, should take a hard look at the way Kees Weel remained composed about the situation whilst being interviewed after his championship contender was smashed off. Hats off to Kees for the way he handled himself, not blaming anyone and basically accepting that this happens in motor racing. You didnt see him march off to the stewards, you didnt see him kick up a massive fuss and whinge his head of on national live tv, Good Luck to PWR in the future.
It's called don't ..ck with the hand that feeds you technical support. You really don't believe that HRT KRT PWR are seperate teams do you.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:03 (Ref:1133639)   #58
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
And yes, if Mr Kelly Sr wanted CrashBandicoot to have the #1 plate on his car next year, he could choose to do so
CrashBandicoot

Solid Gold

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:15 (Ref:1133648)   #59
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Poor old Kees Weel must be thinking what he has to do to get a break. First Bathurst, then Paul Weel having a shocker yesterday, then this.

As for Rick, that was the WORST piece of driving I have ever seen. Not just on a racetrack, it also includes what I have seen on the roads.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:18 (Ref:1133650)   #60
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And yes, if Mr Kelly Sr wanted CrashBandicoot to have the #1 plate on his car next year, he could choose to do so
i hope that name sticks i havent laughed that much in years. thank you GTR
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:20 (Ref:1133653)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
All part of the friendly service
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 24 Oct 2004, 10:44 (Ref:1133675)   #62
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
CrashBandicoot

Solid Gold

So succinctly put- as this is surely where his fanbase comes from. The Playstation Generation.

Taking out Ingall was stupid, blaming it on a Turn 1 phenomenon was as naive as it was foolish. He hurt Ingall's points and killed his own.

Raising the ire of such a polished, mature and assured driver as Marcos Ambrose on national TV reflected very badly on him, rather than Ambrose. I think we all know who to believe.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 24 Oct 2004, 11:06 (Ref:1133694)   #63
Venom XR
Racer

Australia
Venom XR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 24 Oct 2004, 11:21 (Ref:1133717)   #64
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic ;-) ;-) ;-)
Old 24 Oct 2004, 21:50 (Ref:1134286)   #65
amiers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
amiers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cool
Old 24 Oct 2004, 22:18 (Ref:1134310)   #66
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Love your work Venom XR

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 24 Oct 2004, 22:21 (Ref:1134314)   #67
The Snout
Veteran

Australia
The Snout should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should paint a bullbar onto the front as well
Old 24 Oct 2004, 22:45 (Ref:1134329)   #68
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ha Ha Ha, Venom. Classic stuff, I really hope the name sticks to him. Snout, I'm surprised Larry hasn't tried to homolagate a roobar for next year so anythings possible.
Old 24 Oct 2004, 23:39 (Ref:1134364)   #69
malarky
Racer

malarky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not comfortable with the way the whole HRT, KRT and PWR thing has developed since TWR went under.

Kees Weel is a very good businessman, who has built up a strong business based on racing and performance products. His composure when interviewed was one of the most professional efforts I've ever seen (K Jones take note).

He clearly knows what he's doing and has strong direction for the team.

But this whole thing with the farmer Kelly's and their kids is all just plain wrong in my view.

Todd is clearly developing into a good racer. His dices over the weekend with Ambrose and Lowndes showed real maturity and a cool head.

I don't think he's the best guy HRT could get, but I'd be willing to let him apprentice for another season or two.

His younger brother however should simply not be in V8's full stop. Yes he is talented in terms of driving fast. But he also has the resources and support of a very well funded team, driving one of the fastest cars in the field, with a seasoned professional driver like the Murph as a teammate (and clearly to direct setup).

You could go to the Brutes, GTP or even FFord and pick a dozen blokes who (given Rick's hardware) could equally go as fast (in my view).

But 'racing' and 'going fast' are two separate things. Todd proved that.

Please Holden, do what you must, but find some decent management and stick em' in at Clayton PLEASE.

Take the mobile phone and notepad off Skaife and ban him from wearing ties to work.

Go to his office, turn off his laptop, hand him his helmet and say '..downstairs for you mate....'

Thank the Kelly's very much for their time, effort and money, write out a cheque and send them back to Mildura. As you wave them goodbye, hand Rick a broom and some overalls and tell him to 'start sweeping' and you'll get back to him.

Sell off K-Mart racing, let Kees do his thing at PWR and concentrate your resources on the "Factory Team' remember them?

Then, we might get things back to where they should be.

This whole 'mom and pop' set up with nepotism up the ying yang has played out long enough.

Let's get back to engineers, business people and professionals running the show.

And Rick, keep sweeping.....
Old 25 Oct 2004, 00:10 (Ref:1134383)   #70
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great post malarky.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 00:40 (Ref:1134397)   #71
xr6turbo
Rookie

xr6turbo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks malarky for a level headed post IMO.....one of the few things written lately that has made sense..

cheers
Old 25 Oct 2004, 00:57 (Ref:1134413)   #72
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by malarky
I'm not comfortable with the way the whole HRT, KRT and PWR thing has developed since TWR went under.

Kees Weel is a very good businessman, who has built up a strong business based on racing and performance products. His composure when interviewed was one of the most professional efforts I've ever seen (K Jones take note).

He clearly knows what he's doing and has strong direction for the team.

But this whole thing with the farmer Kelly's and their kids is all just plain wrong in my view.

Todd is clearly developing into a good racer. His dices over the weekend with Ambrose and Lowndes showed real maturity and a cool head.

I don't think he's the best guy HRT could get, but I'd be willing to let him apprentice for another season or two.

His younger brother however should simply not be in V8's full stop. Yes he is talented in terms of driving fast. But he also has the resources and support of a very well funded team, driving one of the fastest cars in the field, with a seasoned professional driver like the Murph as a teammate (and clearly to direct setup).

You could go to the Brutes, GTP or even FFord and pick a dozen blokes who (given Rick's hardware) could equally go as fast (in my view).

But 'racing' and 'going fast' are two separate things. Todd proved that.

Please Holden, do what you must, but find some decent management and stick em' in at Clayton PLEASE.

Take the mobile phone and notepad off Skaife and ban him from wearing ties to work.

Go to his office, turn off his laptop, hand him his helmet and say '..downstairs for you mate....'

Thank the Kelly's very much for their time, effort and money, write out a cheque and send them back to Mildura. As you wave them goodbye, hand Rick a broom and some overalls and tell him to 'start sweeping' and you'll get back to him.

Sell off K-Mart racing, let Kees do his thing at PWR and concentrate your resources on the "Factory Team' remember them?

Then, we might get things back to where they should be.

This whole 'mom and pop' set up with nepotism up the ying yang has played out long enough.

Let's get back to engineers, business people and professionals running the show.

And Rick, keep sweeping.....
2 time Bathurst winner and quick in the wet and in the dry. ok he's had a bad weekend but I doubt he will drop out of v8's - drivers like that are to hard to come by??

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 25 Oct 2004, 01:32 (Ref:1134427)   #73
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kees Weel will be the person that keeps the 'Holden' teams up near the front. He is no fool and an astute businessman.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 01:47 (Ref:1134438)   #74
Gav56
Racer

Gav56 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
If Russell had done this to Rick he would be on every TV channel saying Russell should be banned from driving and kicked out of the Championship.Funny how some Holden family teams (HRT PWR KRT) dont protest about each other even when cars are trashed.
Old 25 Oct 2004, 04:23 (Ref:1134504)   #75
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have heard kelly being called a "two times Bathurst winner" but how much did he actually do? IIRC, the only time the Murph/kelly car was in the lead, was when Murph drove it, and Murph did the bulk of the driving. I stand to be corrected, but I think that even Rodney forbes could have done the same job, in the same car.