Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Feb 2008, 22:35 (Ref:2123622)   #51
lowndes force
Rookie

lowndes force should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NAME: ANZ Racing
DRIVERS:
#008 Craig Lowndes
#009 Kayne Scott
MANUFACTURER: FORD
Old 8 Feb 2008, 15:30 (Ref:2124187)   #52
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name: Smirnoff Autotechnica present by RaceSquad.com
Manufacturer: Holden
Model: VE Commodore
Title Sponsor: Smirnoff
Major sponsors: RaceSquad.com, Red Bull
Minor Sponsors: Holden, Toll, Mobil 1, curious rhino design
Drivers:
#7: Todd Kelly
#29: Jason Bright
#92: Tony D'Alberto

Full Launch and Livery and pending...
Old 8 Feb 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2124445)   #53
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt
Looks like we have another nicky. Except, instead of liveries, it's team lineups.
Well, at least there is a limit to the driver changes...
Old 9 Feb 2008, 02:35 (Ref:2124618)   #54
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team Name: Jacko Junior Racing
Team Line-up:

#191 Shane Van Gisbergen $800,000
#199 Paul Dumbrell $600,000
#911 Michael Caruso $400,000
#919 Andrew Thompson $200,000

Total: $2,000,000
Old 9 Feb 2008, 09:06 (Ref:2124748)   #55
Armageddon
Racer

Australia
Orange NSW
Armageddon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARMAGEDDON MOTORSPORT
Armageddon Motorsport are pleased to announce our sponsor line up for the 2008 season.

Armageddon Motorsport have managed to secure Red Bull and House of Kolor as joint major sponsors, the team will be running split liveries to reflect the commitment from both companies. On a minor level we welcome Anest-Iwata and Ford motor company along with Dunlop. We have also put together great technical alliance packages with Eibach Springs, Crane Cams and Mobil 1 Oils. Mack Trucks Australia will also be joining Armageddon Motorsport for the 2008season by supplying and servicing the teams new Mack Quantum prime mover for our B-Double.

The team would also like to take this opportunity to present the #666 Red Bull Falcon of Mark Winterbottom.

Armageddon Motorsport will soon be releasing the Livery for the #999 House Of Kolor Falcon of Jason Bright, stay tuned!
Old 9 Feb 2008, 20:29 (Ref:2125097)   #56
pat25d
Rookie

pat25d should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NAME: PD Racing
DRIVERS:
#24 Shane Price
#25 Cameron McConville
#26 Russell Ingall
MANUFACTURER: Ford
SPONSORS: Bank West, Jet Star, Visa, Ford, SP Air, PPG

Old 10 Feb 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2125307)   #57
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team Name: Team Tic Tac
Manufacturer: Holden/WP
Model: VE Commodore
Title Sponsor: Tic Tac
Major sponsors: Holden, HSV
Minor Sponsors: Denso, DuPont, Pi Research, Petronas, Dell, TAG Heuer, Hugo Boss, Sparco, Hino Trucks, Koni, Karcher, American Express,
Drivers:#5 Mark Winterbottom, #67 Paul Morris
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 10 Feb 2008, 04:53 (Ref:2125390)   #58
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NAME : Rombles Racing
DRIVERS :
#27 - Russell Ingall
#74 - Cameron McConville
#274 - Simon Wills
MANUFACTURER : Holden (of course!)

Last edited by Rombles1; 10 Feb 2008 at 04:56.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 07:54 (Ref:2125510)   #59
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my teams website is comming soon.....
Old 10 Feb 2008, 09:11 (Ref:2125562)   #60
adz_34
Racer

Australia
Somewhere out there
adz_34 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Holden Performance Racing is go for 2008

2008 is shaping up to be an exciting year for Holden Performance Racing with the arrival of 2 shiny new VE Commodores for this years Fantasy Championship.

Shiny being the ultimate word for car number 08 for Mark Winterbottom. Finished in a chrome paintjob, car 08 with new sponsor Vodaphone on board looks an absolute treat and should feature prominently at the top of the leaderboard this year.

Car 8 on the other hand could be a surprise packet with Paul Dumbrell doing the driving of the new Valvoline/Cummins Repco VE Commodore.

Liveries of the new cars have been released to the media.

Old 10 Feb 2008, 10:26 (Ref:2125603)   #61
ASH_03
Rookie

Australia
Out Bush
ASH_03 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Set for Improvment

ASH RACIN' AUS is set to improve on a terrible opening season this year. Details on Driver Lineups and Livery's Soon.
Old 10 Feb 2008, 10:39 (Ref:2125607)   #62
M-Kart
Veteran

Australia
M-Kart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
101 Racing Returns

101 Racing is back for the 2008 10Tenths V8Supercar Fantasy Championship.

Name: Hot Wheels 101 Racing
Drivers:
#101 - Will Davison
#202 - Andrew Thompson
#010 - Shane Price
#020 - Tony D'Alberto
Manufacturer: Ford
Sponsors: Hot Wheels, Shell Helix, Dunlop, Ford.

101 Racing is Back, with previous minor-sponsor Hot Wheels stepping up to be the teams Major Sponsor for 2008. The team will also run Ford Falcons for the 2008 Season, as Chrysler (whose vehicles the team ran throughout 2006 & 2007), take a step back from competition to focus on developing the 300C into a championship winner with the team for 2009. Team Owner M-Kart comments:

"The deal with Chrysler has been great for the past 2 years, culminating with around win and a period at the top of the table for a few rounds last year. We are happy to take a year to work with them to further develop the car away from competition, and we welcome Ford on board as our vehicle supplier for 2008. Having Hot Wheels increase their involvement for the new year is also a big bonus, as it gives us the funding to not only have a competitive race season, but continue the off-track development of the Chrysler. Our goal for 2008 is to win more rounds, and ultimately the championship. It's our 4th season as a team, so no more excuses!"

The team retains the services of Will Davison as lead driver in car #101, and Shane Price has remained with the team in car #010. We are also delighted to welcome up and coming stars Andrew Thompson in #202, and Tony D'Alberto in #020. The team will run 2 Hot Wheels Liveries throughout the year, Davison & Thompson's cars #101 & #202 will carry the traditional Hot Wheels Blue/Red/White Colours, revealed below, whilst Cars #010 & #020 of Price & D'Alberto will run a colour scheme reflecting Hot Wheels Famed 'Red Line' History, to be released in the near future. For Phillip Island & Bathurst the team will run 1 of each colourscheme, with the driver pairings & numbers to be used revealed close to the enduros.

#101 - Davison & #202 - Thompson Livery:

M-Kart
Old 11 Feb 2008, 08:35 (Ref:2126295)   #63
ShadowArchangel
Rookie

Australia
I Come From A Land Down Under
ShadowArchangel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sent From The Heavens?

Sponsorship details for Archangel Motorsport as well as full team liveries were revealed at last nights press conference. Speculations regarding a contract with Coca-Cola were quite correct, as the second car to be unveiled was a stunning display of red and white paint, but the car to be driven by Mark Winterbottom in the upcoming season was what caught the media's attention. The number 42 car boasted a gleaming bronxe paint-job, and carried decals and signatures of Archangel Motorsport's "secret weapon", a world famous race driver and engineer; Carroll Shelby. Other sponsors included Adidas & Brembo.

Old 11 Feb 2008, 11:04 (Ref:2126406)   #64
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
B.O.R.I.N.G Return...

After a dismal '07, B.O.R.I.N.G are expecting a shed load more this year. Basically, during the off seaon, the . Major changes have occured for the better of me. Our competitors are now laughing at the '05 Bathurst winners and now is the time for redemption!

Hopefully this team can work together better than the last mob.

Team Name: B.O.R.I.N.G (Boxy Organised Racing Including Naked Gridgirls)
Drivers: #2: Shane Van Gisbergen
#5: Shane Price
#22: Cam McConville
#55: Marcus Marshall
Sponsors: CNW Electrical & Data, Mobil 1, Skin Fx and VB.

Good luck all and Antro for running this comp again. Hopefully someone knocks you off this year.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 11:14 (Ref:2127116)   #65
DarthFalcon
Racer

Australia
Yavin
DarthFalcon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lego Racers ride again

After a year to forget in '07, one time Top Ten regulars, LegoRacers are ready to ride again.

"We're ready to ride again", said DarthFalcon at the team launch today, "we've decided to go with three drivers we believe in, three drivers who will all step up in '08"

Team Name: LegoRacers

Drivers;

# 1111 Mark Winterbottom
# 1212 Shane Price
# 2121 Marcus Marshall

PS this release would look a lot better if it wasn't for a certain oversized livery a copule of posts up...Read the rules people!

Last edited by DarthFalcon; 12 Feb 2008 at 11:18.
Old 12 Feb 2008, 21:02 (Ref:2127463)   #66
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SS Racing

Shane's Signs racing announce their 2008 championship entry.

After spending a few years racing a Mazda rx7 in improved production the team has decided to step up into the big league. The main reason for the step up was that one of the mechanics was getting some $1.99 tins of degreaser at supercrap the other day and was going through the specials bin and found a Level 1 v8 supercar licence in there for $5. He thought it was a bit overpriced, but had just enough change in his pocket so here we are.

NAME: Shane's Signs Racing
DRIVERS:
#53 Wil davison
#54 Shane Price ( with that name he had to be in the team)
#55 Andrew thompson
MANUFACTURER: Ford

Thanks to wormwood designs for the livery. We will be unveiling the teams work ute shortly as well.

Launch pics to come shortly when the computer gets repaired.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 13 Feb 2008, 10:34 (Ref:2127785)   #67
Boxy
Veteran

Australia
Beautiful one day - bloody hot the next
Boxy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kneejerk reaction from B.o.r.i.n.g...

After a very ordinary pre-season test at Winton, the team has decided to let Marcus Marshall go...

In his place is the promising young talent of Andrew Thompson.

That is all folks.
Old 13 Feb 2008, 11:15 (Ref:2127818)   #68
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

ANDREW DENMAN RACING
V8SCFC VETERANS
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE

With Max Wilson unlikely to start in the series, the team has decided to replace him with youngster Shane Van Gisbergen in the #33 car. It is unfortunate for Max but we are aiming to be the best of the 2 driver operations out there this year against the 4 driver conglomorates that make it less enjoyable for the smaller guys like us.

Mick Jeffrey
Owner/Co-Founder
Andrew Denman Racing
Old 14 Feb 2008, 09:21 (Ref:2128547)   #69
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gotta Race are back for their 4th season, looking to improve on last years result finishing just outside the Top 10. After a strong start including their first ever round win the team has employed reigning champion Garth Tander along with series underachiever Andrew Jones.

The team has also welcomed back previous sponsor Western Digital.

NAME: Gotta Race
DRIVERS:
#1 Garth Tander
#12 Andrew Jones
MANUFACTURER: Holden

Old 14 Feb 2008, 09:56 (Ref:2128568)   #70
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Elwyn Magoo, newly appointed Media Manager at Punter Racing today announced their red-hot 2008 line-up

Jason Notso Bright
Mark Frosty Winterbottom

Sponsored by OPSM Optical Superstore and Stilnox...

And since I'm so good at liveries.

AP
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 14 Feb 2008, 12:00 (Ref:2128630)   #71
H C Motorsport
Rookie

Australia
Gold Coast, the place to be
H C Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hayden Craig Motorsports Ready to Go in 08

Hayden Craig Motorsports is pleased to return for there second season in the V8SCFC, with a first season under there belt the team is stronger and more focussed than ever and whan to carry on this year with the same game plan as last year which seen HCM finish 3rd overall and also win the "ROOKIE OF THE YEAR AWARD" This year SUBWAY will return as the major sponser and are looking to commit to a 5 year ageerment with the team based on the performances in the first half of this season, The team line up is as follows

:Team Owner - Hayden Craig
:Team Manager - Skye Paul
:Cheif Engineer - Luke Micheal

Driver #1 - Mark Winterbottom (1,400,000) Car #3
Driver #2 - Paul Dumbrell (600,000) Car #333

:Make - Ford
:Model - Falcon

Livery for V8SCFC 2008

Old 15 Feb 2008, 03:57 (Ref:2129316)   #72
SZaucy
Rookie

SZaucy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SZaucy Motorsport (Holden)
#48 Andrew Jones
#51 Greg Murphy
#84 Fabian Coulthard

Old 15 Feb 2008, 07:51 (Ref:2129376)   #73
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Australian Motorsport is back!!

This is it folks. AUSTRALIAN MOTORSPORT IS BACK!!! Bigger and better then ever in 2008. The team launched to a substantial crowd on Pit Straight of the Clipsal 500 Adelaide street circuit today, to show off its 2008 drivers, machines and sponsors. Team owner Chatters was on hand to do the offical unveiling.

"It's great to finally get our 2008 campaign underway," Chatters said. "It's been a long time coming, but we're finally here and ready to improve on our Top Ten position last year. Top 5 is what we're aiming for this year, and with our team of accomplished drivers we hope we will be the team to beat."

Leading the team for 2008 will be Mark Skaife. Arguably the greatest driver in the history of V8 Supercars, Skaife was open to any questions from the media.

"I'm looking forward to a good year with Australian Motorsport," said Skaife. "They gave me a good car last year and I was able to score some good results so I'm looking forward to an even better year in the new VEs this year."

Skaife will drive the #00 Holden Commodore VE, sponsored by Holden. Chatters said he was happy to have Holden on board as a main sponsor of Skaife's car.

"Holden have been with us as a seconday sponsor since we began in the V8 Supercar Fantasy Championship, and we're looking forward to having them as a more primary sponsor this year." Chatters said.

Shane Price was also on hand at the launch to talk about his new job at Australian Motorsport. Having spent two years under Larry Perkins' wing, the youngster has made the step to Australian Motorsport, hopefully for bigger and better things.

"It'll be great driving for Australian Motorsport this year. With Skaife as my team mate, I don't think there's any better driver to learn from then the man with the most ever round wins in V8 Supercar/ATCC history.

"Hopefully I can prove my worth with my shiny new VE and bring back the valuable points!"

Price will drive the #01 Holden Commodore VE, with QANTAS signing as team partner.

"QANTAS were with us last year, and now they're back as a major sponsor of Shane Price's car," said Chatters. "They will also be our official airline, providing all the drivers and personnel with free flights and accomodation at all rounds."

The team's final driver, Tony D'Alberto, was also on hand to answer questions. After winning the 2007 V8 Supercar Fujitsu Development Series, D'Alberto was looking forward to the challenge of stepping up to the main game.

"It looks like this year will be fun!" Tony said. "My first year in the big league, against the big names, should be a lot of fun. Hopefully I can not humiliate myself on debut by qualifying last!"

D'Alberto will this year pilot the #02 Autobarn VE Commodore. Chatters quashed rumours that the Autobarn sponsorship dollars had actually gone to the HSV Dealer Team.

"No, that's not true," he said. "If you look very closely at the pictures, it actually says 'Autobran'. Most people can't spot it, but believe me, that's what it says."

When informed that the cars actually did say 'Autobarn' Chatters replied, "We'll let our lawyers look into it."

But now it is time for the part everyone has been waiting for. The revealing of the teams 2008 cars! Once again, Australian Motorsport is proud to say that all their sponsors are proudly associated with Australia or Australian owned. Joining Holden, QANTAS and Autobarn are Victa, Repco, RPM Racegear, HSV, Classic Carlectables, Australian Made, Just Car Insurance and 321 Ignition, replacing Motorsport News in the PR department.

"We've got a healthy list of sponsors on board this year, and we're hoping we can deliver to them the results we expect," Chatters said.

"We decided this year to keep our numbers on the door, as the numbers on the window looked shocking. Hopefully our cars will stand out a bit this year."

We wish the team all the best at the team's opening round, the Clipsal 500, next weekend!

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 15 Feb 2008, 11:22 (Ref:2129510)   #74
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Looks damn good there Chatters, love the HUGE numbers! However, I think the number on the 02 car would look better in white, with a read drop shadow. .
Old 15 Feb 2008, 11:30 (Ref:2129523)   #75
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Matt, I am quite proud of them...

Although I like the 02 as it is. I think with white it might not contrast enough with the Autobarn logo?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen