Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Nov 2009, 00:30 (Ref:2579859)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Control Wheel Rim Confirmed

A brand new design, developed and manufactured by Team Dynamics/Rimstock in the UK, a company associated with Matt Neal's family interests, and distributed by Racer Industries.

I wonder what the teams will think about the wheels in question... and whether they can be colour coded to suit...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Nov 2009, 02:03 (Ref:2579885)   #52
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
Not possible with the current cars.

Or do you mean 'i want half the field to have holden headlights, and half the field to have ford headlights'?
Obviously the post was directed at the lopsided field we will see in 2010.

As long as they continue to promote the red vs blue thing, then at least make it close in numbers.

But I understand your cynical 'headlight' comment.
I doubt many fans believe they are thrashing road cars around.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 02:42 (Ref:2579892)   #53
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
Obviously the post was directed at the lopsided field we will see in 2010.

As long as they continue to promote the red vs blue thing, then at least make it close in numbers.

But I understand your cynical 'headlight' comment.
I doubt many fans believe they are thrashing road cars around.
Sadly, many people still believe HRT run Holden Commodores and FPR run Ford Falcons.

I'll say again, you can't have something lopsided if there all the same.....
Old 11 Nov 2009, 11:56 (Ref:2580087)   #54
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I wonder what the teams will think about the wheels in question... and whether they can be colour coded to suit...

Apparently they are a very cheap forged magnesium wheel. They look quite nice unpainted too.
Apparently such wheels have a protective clear coat on them to stop them oxidising and looking unstylishly discoloured.

It seems that colours are listed as black and white... so presumably they are supplied powdercoated in either colour of your choice. Presumably a clear-coat version as pictured is also available. So it should keep all the teams happy at present I think..

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 11 Nov 2009 at 12:08.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2580106)   #55
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
So it should keep all the teams happy at present I think..
Right up until March 1st, 2010.

From the article GTRMagic linked to:

Quote:
The initial order price per wheel is $461 plus GST. Teams who order the wheels before November 30 will receive that price and guarantee delivery before the first round of next year’s championship. The teams are able to nominate if they want their wheels delivered in January, April or July. The wheel’s first price review will be on March 1, 2010.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2580301)   #56
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The thinly veiled threat of price increase is more than likely a lever in order to get the teams to order earlier rather than later, to also balance production volumes for Rimstock....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 11 Nov 2009, 21:24 (Ref:2580371)   #57
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You know what though - I am sure those prices should be commercial on confidence. Imagine if you were another series who didn't negotiate as well as V8SA?

They could easily say this wheel will halve the cost, without exposing the price.

Whether its $460 or $600, its better than $1000 per wheel, on something that doesn't make the show any better.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2580415)   #58
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Apparently they are a very cheap forged magnesium wheel.

Are you sure???

Direct quote from GTR's linked release:

"The new 17-inch aluminium wheel is distributed by UK-based company Team Dynamics..."
Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:40 (Ref:2580471)   #59
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whoops, sorry cast not forged but the page seems to suggest they are magnesium wheels

http://www.teamdynamicsracing.com/pro-race/Pro-mag.htm
Old 12 Nov 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2580640)   #60
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
You know what though - I am sure those prices should be commercial on confidence. Imagine if you were another series who didn't negotiate as well as V8SA?

They could easily say this wheel will halve the cost, without exposing the price.

Whether its $460 or $600, its better than $1000 per wheel, on something that doesn't make the show any better.
Garry Rogers might have been paying $1000 a wheel, but that doesn't mean every other team was...
Old 13 Nov 2009, 09:14 (Ref:2581259)   #61
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
An interesting way to get rid of the current wheel stocks...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 13 Nov 2009, 13:32 (Ref:2581375)   #62
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

NASCAR rims go for a few hundred each. And they are only steel (I think), not autographed and obviously much less exclusive with a million sets used per race. (Although the NASCAR ones come complete with the tyre.)

It's a bargain at $250 each, much better value then a team jacket! First to spot them fitted to a Hyundai Excel wins a prize?

Presumably the Ricko-signed wheels will be better sellers than the McNally memrobielia?
Old 13 Nov 2009, 13:38 (Ref:2581379)   #63
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya View Post
Garry Rogers might have been paying $1000 a wheel, but that doesn't mean every other team was...
The notion of A-Tek 10-spoke sounds interesting. Which teams used these? They must be very rare... can't recall them being spotted on track with any regularity.

Presumably they will be worth the most to collect, just like vintage guitar amps with the rarest combinations of cloth colour, decals, dials and circuitry!

Or would fans be more inclined to buy wheels that have been commonly seen?
Old 14 Nov 2009, 01:04 (Ref:2581668)   #64
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
It's a bargain at $250 each, much better value then a team jacket! First to spot them fitted to a Hyundai Excel wins a prize?
You wont be seeing them on any road cars. Would cost a fortune to convert the hubs to V8 spec.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 04:55 (Ref:2591533)   #65
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry to bump this thread but I had an idea for the racing weekend. What about instead of a 100km and a 200km race with pitstops there are two 50km races on a Saturday with no pitstops and no soft tyres and the 200km race with softs and pitstops.
Old 30 Nov 2009, 23:33 (Ref:2592007)   #66
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
according to the letters in MeNews it seems at least one other person thinks there are too many street circuits to keep the cost containment ball rolling, maybe i'm not such a nutter after all?

where is Peter Weaver of Langwarrin, VIC, when i need backup??
Old 1 Dec 2009, 00:16 (Ref:2592033)   #67
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Sorry to bump this thread but I had an idea for the racing weekend. What about instead of a 100km and a 200km race with pitstops there are two 50km races on a Saturday with no pitstops and no soft tyres and the 200km race with softs and pitstops.
Sounds okay.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 01:07 (Ref:2592051)   #68
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure this has been mentioned, but bringing back the rule that safety car laps don't count would be good. Like in the BTCC/WTCC where up to ~3 laps can be added to the race distance for safety car periods.

Also introduce the green/white chequer, or whatever NASCAR call it. This will avoid the inclination to leave cars in a dangerous position for the last few laps.

They'd need to have a margin for fuel, but so what.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 01:10 (Ref:2592054)   #69
stmookeyj033
Veteran

stmookeyj033 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MIX UP THE FORMATS PLEASE. I don't want to see this 100km and 200km crap week in week out. Maybe have a straight out 300km race on the Sunday for rounds after AFL season. Also, there are way too many shootouts, leave it for Adelaide, PI and Bathurst. For the other rounds, a 40 minute FFA (Free For All) will suffice.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 01:19 (Ref:2592057)   #70
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Also introduce the green/white chequer, or whatever NASCAR call it. This will avoid the inclination to leave cars in a dangerous position for the last few laps.
What does the green/white chequer do? Is that like a 'pre' finish that they can call a race on if it doesn't run the last few laps?
Old 1 Dec 2009, 01:27 (Ref:2592061)   #71
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They do it to prevent the race from finishing under safety car. They wave the green flag to indicate the end of the caution period, and the white flag to indicate its the last lap. So they always get one lap of green racing to finish.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 03:13 (Ref:2592086)   #72
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
Not sure this has been mentioned, but bringing back the rule that safety car laps don't count would be good. Like in the BTCC/WTCC where up to ~3 laps can be added to the race distance for safety car periods.

They'd need to have a margin for fuel, but so what.
If SC laps were not included, then races have the potential to go over time.

So I say get rid of the time restriction. Its X no. of laps, no ifs or buts.
If TV is an issue, start a little earlier.

I like the idea of SC laps not being counted.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 03:26 (Ref:2592089)   #73
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bring back the days when the drivers had to run to their cars first before starting and then wait for Paul Morris to announce his permanent retirement before the sason has started.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 03:27 (Ref:2592090)   #74
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford71 View Post
If SC laps were not included, then races have the potential to go over time.

So I say get rid of the time restriction. Its X no. of laps, no ifs or buts.
If TV is an issue, start a little earlier.

I like the idea of SC laps not being counted.
Good idea, but wont happen. Theres already plenty of time to cover a race going longer (assuming it isn't a live race) with all the fill in crap they show.
Old 1 Dec 2009, 04:03 (Ref:2592100)   #75
williamsf1
Veteran

williamsf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know if the DVS will have 6 speed boxes or the new Seq. for 2010?