Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 26 Mar 2007, 20:20 (Ref:1877033)   #51
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery
ooooh - harsh RB - but fair - that was dreadful.........

I think there have been many occasions in the past where a driver has pulled it in like Marco did. Darren Manning is one which came immediately to mind, but in this format of racing there'd be many others I would think.

Just looked up the Perez crash on Youtube and it is very very nasty looking indeed. I would not expect the catch fencing to grab a car the way it did so I think that should be looked at if possible.

Got home from work about 1am on Sunday morning so I actually timed that pretty well for the start of the race. Nice of the organisers to wait for me really Loved watching sparks coming off the cars, but that was probably about as exciting as the racing got, but to be fair Dan was just so much faster than everyone out there that it was always going to be like that. Watching him slicing through the field in 11 laps was highly impressive.

Doubt he'll be a contender at St Pete's however. I'd expect the unexpected for this one - has Manning driven an IRL car on a road course before? Marco will be hoping for a slight improvement I guess. Danica might have a little practice on pitting between now and then.
Briscoe had a wreck similar to that back at Chicagoland in 2005.
Old 26 Mar 2007, 21:42 (Ref:1877111)   #52
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
The smart money is on Helio or Scott but don't count Mr Wheldon out entirely. He's not too shaky on road courses.
Expect AGR to be stronger on the road as well. Tony and Marco have to be in the reckoning.

Is Ganassi running the Panoz on the road courses again this year?
Old 27 Mar 2007, 01:12 (Ref:1877254)   #53
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dario!
Old 27 Mar 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1877545)   #54
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay
Is Ganassi running the Panoz on the road courses again this year?
Don't think so
Old 27 Mar 2007, 12:38 (Ref:1877602)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Dario!
Well it would be nice.

Isn't it odd he could sock it to the very best in Champcar and yet hasn't really done much on roads in the IRL?

A Dario win is overdue.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 12:54 (Ref:1877622)   #56
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Well it would be nice.

Isn't it odd he could sock it to the very best in Champcar and yet hasn't really done much on roads in the IRL?

A Dario win is overdue.
I have a vague recollection he was robbed somehow last year at Sears Point by a highly dubious yellow. Certainly fast enough to win.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 17:31 (Ref:1877811)   #57
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dario has had a few flashes of brilliance in the IRL, but frankly he's never again been at the level he once performed at in CART. I don't get that. He was Honda's development driver too, which would seem to indicate a certain technical aptitude.
Old 27 Mar 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1877824)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't remmeber much about Sears Point, mystery, I must admit. I think I kind of tuned out of that race with it buzzing away in the background! I returned to see Marco had won!

But the point is he hasn't been the real Dario on the road courses! Will we ever see him back?
Old 28 Mar 2007, 10:03 (Ref:1878313)   #59
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Certainly hope so. He should be one of the best on the roads but other than Infineon last year he hasn't really looked right up on the ultimate pace.
Old 29 Mar 2007, 02:15 (Ref:1878865)   #60
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dario set the pace at St Pete last year but had a mechnical failure if I remember rightly.

It was Dixon who was robbed at Sears Point (which may have in fact lost him the championship).
Old 30 Mar 2007, 12:36 (Ref:1879842)   #61
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Oh ok - fair enough - I certainly remembered Dario being well on the pace on at least one of the road events last year as I was watching on-board pics from his car on the indycar.com website and was joking with my wife that the one time I watch these streams online I was watching a car with nothing but road in front of it!