Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 25 Jun 2003, 08:07 (Ref:642347)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Dennis Robinson had the Leech Rover last time I saw it, which was about two years ago.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 09:55 (Ref:642447)   #52
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by ken clarke
The Mobil Rovers. I was a new car (Soper/Dickson) & one was an old car rebuilt for Bathurst etc. They returned to UK after these races& were used in ETC & France.
I'd forgotten they raced in the French series- cars were Marlboro-sponsored I think?

There was also a DTM programme in the mid-80's,
(see http://members.tripod.com/~RoverSD_1/- click on 'racing', scroll past the pink 'coupe' and click on SD1 in motorsport at the bottom ) which resulted in Kurt Thiim winning the series in 86- was there any TWR involvement in this?

Last edited by KA; 25 Jun 2003 at 09:57.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 17:41 (Ref:642866)   #53
Chofar
Racer

Chofar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rene Metge and JL Schlesser ran the cars in France. Both were champions, if i'm not mistaken.
Old 25 Jun 2003, 20:21 (Ref:643045)   #54
glyn parham
Racer

United Kingdom
Strood
glyn parham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back on line after a thunderstorm blew the modem!
Hulme & Allam drove the Istel sponsored car at the 1986 TT, there is a great video of the 1986 season called "Touring Class" by Hay Fisher that I have just watched again to confirm everyones thoughts on its colour scheme.
The French Rovers were different to the Group A cars in that they were allowed some major modifications for their championship, the most visible was a rear spoiler that looks like those found on current BTCC Vauxhalls, Hondas et al.
Other Rovers that I have seen were Olaf Mantheys' 1984 car which was sponsored by Barclay at that years Spa 24 hours, but retired early on.
Finally, did Tom get thrown out of the 1984 BTCC because the scrutineers were upset that he was using parts from Volvo in the engines that were not homologated?
Old 25 Jun 2003, 21:37 (Ref:643134)   #55
ken clarke
Racer

ken clarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rene Metge raced a Marlboro rover in 83 & won the championship *4 saw J.L.Schlesser & Marc Duez in Marlboro Rovers JLS won the championship I beleive. These cars wre far removed from the group A cars of the ETCC. In Germany in 83 there was a Group A Rover won with semi works support.It used TWR parts & was Driven by Armin Hahne. There was A Barclay sponsored Rover also for Eddy Joosen for the Belgian championship & Spa. In 84 Eddy Joosen car was sponsored by Gitanes. Ther wre also the rally cars but that's another story.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 18:35 (Ref:671326)   #56
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
See....its lurking!
Attached Thumbnails
cgsd1.jpg  
Old 25 Jul 2003, 19:09 (Ref:671341)   #57
ken clarke
Racer

ken clarke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame about the wheels!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 19:09 (Ref:671343)   #58
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Looking good Chris.

When does it debut?
Old 25 Jul 2003, 19:24 (Ref:671354)   #59
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slight deviation, came across a Rover being prepared for Classic Thunder, the guys are currently in Ford saloon c/ship.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 19:26 (Ref:671357)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Carrera,

That is good news.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 22:29 (Ref:671472)   #61
Chris Griffin
Racer

England
Theale, Berkshire, UK
Chris Griffin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by ken clarke
Shame about the wheels!
Oh its not quite ready yet Ken! Might just get it out in anger this season! Can't wait