Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 16 Jun 2007, 16:31 (Ref:1938653)   #51
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Sure, it is the same when ITV are at the British GP.

But with guys like Steve Matchett ( ex Benneton man ), the knowledge and expertise of all the Speed Team, is far superior to the ITV people.

When I listened to the Speed guys at Montreal last weekend, I said to my friends." Now these people KNOW what they are talking about ".

ITV could learn much from Speed.

Paula Hamilton

PS. Also been watching Le Mans on Speed.......Now their team there is awesome too.

The weather in France is terrible compared to over here in the USA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutton
I agree it was enjoyable, and all the rest, but one thing to bear in mind is the USGP gets a huge amount more coverage than the others.

Normally, you get Friday Practice 2 (just green-light to red-light, without anything else). The same is true for qualifying (with the lovely addition of 30 minutes of extra ads [thus it is soon running time-delayed]). Then 30-minutes pre-race coverage, followed by the race coverage (post-race the only thing to mention is the PC - pretty much just a shedload of ads otherwise).

This is not to say the massively increased USGP coverage is not greatly enjoyed, but it is not representative of the norm.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 16 Jun 2007 at 16:51. Reason: To remove all the "white space!"
Old 16 Jun 2007, 17:06 (Ref:1938718)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here we go then, quali underway.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1938742)   #53
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Barrichello has spent all session in the dropzone, but has popped a late time in to climb to 13th.

Albers has again done the slowest imaginable lap he could have done.

Sutil, Albers, Sato, Liuzzi, Speed and Wurz are all out. Rosberg was ninth incidentally, Alex needs to improve his qualifying form quickly.

Davidson top ten too, with the McLaren's and BMW's out front ahead of the Ferrari duo.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 17:22 (Ref:1938753)   #54
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ralf makes it through for the first time in eons
Old 16 Jun 2007, 17:52 (Ref:1938788)   #55
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Q2 sees Davidson, Rosberg, both Honda's, DC and Ralf eliminated.

Halfway through Q3, Hamilton on top by 0.4. I imagine some fliers are to come though.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 17:58 (Ref:1938790)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good stuff! The Macs making the running.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1938794)   #57
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Lewissssssssssssssssss!!!!!! Thought I'd do that for James.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1938795)   #58
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Pleased with that front row.

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton on his second career pole, two in a row.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:01 (Ref:1938797)   #59
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
another pole from hamilton, good fight at the end between him and alonso
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:03 (Ref:1938805)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Anyone noticed Fisi?
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1938810)   #61
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The kid does it again... Fernando's going crazy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:05 (Ref:1938811)   #62
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

10th, way off Heikki. Although the race may be another matter.

Ferrari recovered quite well, I thought BMW may have been their spoiler for the afternoon.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1938814)   #63
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic

My namesake has done it again...............

Are we seeing the new " Young Guns " era?

Of course, we are.

Paula Hamilton
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1938815)   #64
cjent
Rookie

United States
FL & NC, USA
cjent should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think a runaway by McLaren. Unless Ferrari can come up with something special when the lights go out, Heidfeld could be 3d.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:09 (Ref:1938817)   #65
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
competitive drivers playing with playboys....? not on my watch!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1938824)   #66
Ace Daddy
Rookie

United States
Tucson Arizona
Ace Daddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WOW I don't care if he's in the "best car" on the grid, Im a Hamilton fan for sure. How can you not be, two tracks in a row he has never been to, and grabs pole, and maybe two straight wins. The Hamilton mania has spread to the U.S.

And pretty darn good job by Vettel as well!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:15 (Ref:1938829)   #67
Satorian
Veteran

European Union
Satorian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Could it be that Vettel was out on hard tyres in Q3? Additionally, I expect him to run pretty heavy. Heidfeld probably runs a bit heavier than last week as well.

The start should be interesting. Wouldn't be surprised if Heidfeld gains another place in the beginning, while Vettel grabs two of them.

Race winner will probably be a McLaren though. Alonso is my tip here.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:16 (Ref:1938831)   #68
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Thank GOD that Ferrari were not split by Nick. Pace-wise he was in that region of course, but it helps a lot that he starts behind. Vettel was a bit disappointing. I wasn't expecting miracles, but within 0.5 at least.

It was no surprise to see Lewis on pole, but it would have been no surprise to see Alonso on pole. Everything is always closer at Indy, which made it even more of a toss-up than normal over which one of the Mclarens would be on pole. Here is hoping Lewis keeps this stuff up, and there is no reason to suppose he won't, as it can only be excellent for F1.

Well done to Webber. Getting into q3 once more is commendable.

Fisi appeared pretty dire, but, well, he can't go well for too many races in a row...
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1938835)   #69
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom

Listening to him being interviewed after qualifying, I just find it incredible how mature Lewis is.

There is no arrogance whatsoever and it's was interesting to see him listening intently and nodding when Massa was talking.

He is a complete package.

Fernando must not be at all happy having a Rookie beat him.

Awesome.

Paula

Last edited by Paulaweybridge; 16 Jun 2007 at 18:22.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:18 (Ref:1938837)   #70
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
We don't know what fuel Fisi was on, so relax. Well done to Hamilton!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:23 (Ref:1938846)   #71
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fernando did look grumpy in the press conference. Well done Lewis!! Alonso was quickest in all sessions this weekend bar one, will be another interesting fight between the Macca boys!
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:25 (Ref:1938848)   #72
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Same as Canada, Alonso was dominant there until qualifying.

This must mess with his head slightly, that Lewis just breezes into qualifying like the naughty little upstart he is and outpaces him.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1938856)   #73
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Trying hard not to like Lewis... mostly because of the hype. But I'm getting sucked in. The kid is fast, composed, and well... likeable.
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:27 (Ref:1938857)   #74
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
On Speed just now,

Both David Hobbs and Steve Matchett feel that Fernando Alonso is rattled.

Steve also thought that Alonso's mechanics need to match Lewis's guys.

However David thinks that Alonso will win tomorrow.

Interesting eh?

We shall see.

Paula
Old 16 Jun 2007, 18:31 (Ref:1938864)   #75
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Btw, a certain M. Schumacher started his career from 7th place. S. Vettel will make his debut from 7th place. [2007 media hype] Sebastien Vettel is the next Michael Schumacher. [2007 media hype]