Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 27 Sep 2004, 20:54 (Ref:1108834)   #51
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you can get it to run well offline, online is no great problem. You need the hosting program VROC

http://www.vroc.net

or iGOR (mainly for the 65 mod)

Best thing is once you have it running well offline, download VROC and we'll give you the walkthrough from there......
Old 28 Sep 2004, 16:07 (Ref:1109504)   #52
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yay its working! Now I've got to figure out the steering wheel etc.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 16:15 (Ref:1109510)   #53
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pete - it's just like a Capri....
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:01 (Ref:1109558)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Er nope. Even I can't spin THAT much!
Old 28 Sep 2004, 17:02 (Ref:1109560)   #55
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Now to sort out GP2
Old 29 Sep 2004, 16:21 (Ref:1110517)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well so far I've made three corners of Silverstone (not in one continuous run you understand), almost got back to the pits at Monza, got half way round Spa and er.................. gawd if only one could feel what the car was doing!
Old 29 Sep 2004, 22:22 (Ref:1110747)   #57
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
gawd if only one could feel what the car was doing!
If you didn't drive a real race car you wouldn't have that problem. I'm still jealous though.

Last edited by Spudgun; 29 Sep 2004 at 22:24.
Old 30 Sep 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1110911)   #58
petestenning
Veteran

petestenning should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thats normal Peter 1st time users will spin at every corner if they have not on the straight allready.
I am still learning with a rank now down to +186 from a few moths ago at + 300.

Pete
Old 30 Sep 2004, 07:52 (Ref:1110912)   #59
petestenning
Veteran

A few moths

Shall i try months instead
Old 3 Oct 2004, 17:52 (Ref:1114150)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well I've taken the assist for the brakes and throttle off. And it "feels" better.

I'll download the internet patch but I have another question.

If I run the bestr laps I set my stopwatch and the run at the right time but the clock shows about twice the lap time. ?????
Old 3 Oct 2004, 17:56 (Ref:1114155)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The other point is that I've found, if you brake as you turn it sets the car up much better. This is in Advanced mode not basic novice. (It would still be better if the seat moved).
Old 3 Oct 2004, 18:19 (Ref:1114175)   #62
petestenning
Veteran

Peter you will need the all in one patch to fix the timing problem along with a few others i will put the link below.

trackdb,d2g.com/all-in-one.asp

It can be found by google search:::::

GPL all in one patch

Regards
Pete
Old 3 Oct 2004, 18:32 (Ref:1114187)   #63
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Done that. Hmmm.
Old 15 Nov 2004, 19:37 (Ref:1154357)   #64
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GPL arrives in the mail in a week!

Can't wait. I don't have much experience with all the mod downloading and laptop hacking that is evidently necessary to get the program up and running, but I hope with a little help from y'all I'll be throwing it at the scenery in GPL in no time!!!

Old 16 Nov 2004, 08:58 (Ref:1154760)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just call us, we'll be waiting.........
Old 17 Nov 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1156147)   #66
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
The other point is that I've found, if you brake as you turn it sets the car up much better. This is in Advanced mode not basic novice. (It would still be better if the seat moved).
Depends on set-up...
I brake, turn in, and then blip the throttle again before the apex to keep it pointing straight but then I set the car up pretty pointy anyway.
Old 17 Nov 2004, 19:32 (Ref:1156270)   #67
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm more of a throttle person myself. I like to set up the car with the apex, then power my way out of the corner.
Old 18 Nov 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1157394)   #68
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fish_Flake
I'm more of a throttle person myself. I like to set up the car with the apex, then power my way out of the corner.
You'll go far my friend

Old 22 Nov 2004, 19:06 (Ref:1161083)   #69
d-b
Racer

United Kingdom
at home
d-b should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hi there
after reading about GPL I thought I'd dig my copy out & give it a go
BUT (isn't it always the way) my computer won't even install it

I'm running a Pentium 4 with Windows XP
all the other stuff on the box says-
3.2 Ghz chip
160GB hard drive
DDR 512Mb
G-Force FX5500-256Mb

all I get is an information bubble saying
"This is not a valid cd.Please contact vendor for further information" (though it certainly looks like a genuine one)

any ideas ?

thanks
d-b
Old 23 Nov 2004, 08:59 (Ref:1161522)   #70
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Hmmm. I remember getting that when I tried to re-install it to the kids pc upstairs (an old 333 celeron). I just can't remember for the life of me why that was....

I'm sure your copy is genuine d-b. One of us will figure out the reason for you. You should have no problem at all running GPL very well with your spec.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 11:36 (Ref:1161663)   #71
Hobson
Veteran

England
Notts, UK
Hobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHobson should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I guess its a bug, but is there a way to fix this?

When I'm offline and I'm doing a fast qualifying lap, I get blue flags waved at me when a AI car pulls out of the pitlane. And if an AI car is on its outlap and catches me on a quick lap, I still get blue flags.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 13:35 (Ref:1161745)   #72
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finally received GPL in the mail and installed it last night!

For the first hour I thought it was going to be an impossible game, but finally I got the gamepad configured ok and the car set up to take the gamepad's jerky digital inputs and now it is possible to get into a good groove and enjoy driving without spinning!

A few questions: I am giving up a ton of ground under braking, 6-8 car lenghts, and I'm not sure why. Is there some secret I'm missing? I have the bias set a bit high to the front (~60%) because I kept losing the rear under braking, maybe that is the issue? Hmmm...

Also, can someone enlighten me as to what to do with ramp angles and # of clutches? hrug:

Finally, I am trying to learn Monaco after having done Monza and the Glen, but I can't get the car around the tightest corners no matter how slow I am going. I have the steering ratio as high as I can, and it just won't turn... any ideas???

Thanks for any help guys! This sim kicks !!
Old 23 Nov 2004, 15:31 (Ref:1161824)   #73
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
shiny - just stick to the default setups and get as many laps in as possible. If you're already lapping reasonably quickly without spinning, you're well on the way. If I were you, I would try 85/30 (or 85/45) diffs with 3-4 clutches at first. Nice easy & forgiving setup. Your braking is miles out (for me) - I usually set it around 49-50%.

As soon as you can though, you need to get a good joystick or wheel to replace your gamepad. Its very difficult to accelerate and brake progressively when you're just using what is effectively an on/off button.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 23 Nov 2004 at 15:32.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 15:34 (Ref:1161829)   #74
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The steering ratio needs to be low for Monaco. Say 10:1. You should also have the "steering hack" operation in your core.ini file, i.e.

[ Hack ]
steer_ratio = 1 ; Enable low speed ratio override

That means that whatever setting you use, GPL will override that in very tight corners, applying (I think) 7:1.
Old 23 Nov 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1161831)   #75
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I don't think its a bug Garry. You always get blue flags waved at you - something the AI never seem to get when you want to pass them.......