Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 28 Dec 2003, 04:58 (Ref:821642)   #51
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by DannyG
HUH? The corporate facilities! To be totally honest i dont know the real reason why it was axed, but the pits is not really on par with wanneroo, they certainly can not do pit stops during a race, i was there last week doing some stuff. Id like to know why you say corporate facilities? Where did you hear that?
I'll have to dig out some AA's from 1999, but i'm sure that was the reason given, or at least spoken about in between the last round there in 1999 and when the 2000 calendar was announced, without Symmons on it.

I have to say i quite like Symmons Plains track layout, though quite how the bikes got away with running there for so many years with the trackside barrier sitting outside the hairpin i'm not sure.

Last edited by racer69; 28 Dec 2003 at 05:02.
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:18 (Ref:821646)   #52
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have to say i quite like Symmons Plains track layout, though quite how the bikes got away with running there for so many years with the trackside barrier sitting outside the hairpin i'm not sure.

Symmonds Plains SHOULD be brought back for the 05 series. S***f you TC STOP stuffing up Australia premeir touring cars series for your own pocket with all this OS race ****. Come back to Tassie,Phillip Is and keep the races in OZ. We the paying public are the backbone of your so called presoius series NOT CHINA.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:26 (Ref:821651)   #53
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Tasmania, Australia :)
DannyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
I'll have to dig out some AA's from 1999, but i'm sure that was the reason given, or at least spoken about in between the last round there in 1999 and when the 2000 calendar was announced, without Symmons on it.

And the tyre barriers being so close on a couple of spots, i agree the bikers are game guys racing there. Sadly we have had our fair share of serious accidents with bikes or sidecars in particular, it makes you wonder if that has something to do with its axing, too much risk for MST perhaps?

I recal reading the article and the corporate facilities may well have been a part of the lame excuses but if thats the main contributing factor then TC is a sad man!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 05:35 (Ref:821656)   #54
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If they dont hurry up and build the new pit garage complex at Bathurst, it too might be out of a show...

I would have thought it would be levelled by now, but its barely halfway there....
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Dec 2003, 06:31 (Ref:821679)   #55
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I agree TSR the problem is the TC/Avesco/Ten are beliving there on press releases then drumming into the beer skulling public which will belive pretty much anything .
Aussies race fans are being SLAPPED in the face and they are just starting to wake to it (MAYBE).
This is the worst area in your motorsport history IMHO with little real support classes to the "Main Game" and soon less races in the country for OUR main series .

But I'll be the one LMAF when it falls in a heap
Old 28 Dec 2003, 06:53 (Ref:821683)   #56
moffman
Veteran

moffman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
If they dont hurry up and build the new pit garage complex at Bathurst, it too might be out of a show...

I would have thought it would be levelled by now, but its barely halfway there....
Bathurst out of the show...good way to root the series further.The minute Bathurst leaves the V8 landscape so will quite a few fans...
Old 28 Dec 2003, 06:57 (Ref:821684)   #57
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
More than a few fans, I reckon 75% and nearly the same in press.

Thanks for all your stuff ups TC & AVESCO, you are to blame for everything that goes wrong with
v8supertaxi's
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 28 Dec 2003, 06:57 (Ref:821686)   #58
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by moffman
Bathurst out of the show...good way to root the series further.The minute Bathurst leaves the V8 landscape so will quite a few fans...
Understatement of the century

I dont spose any of you good folk have any photos online of the upgrades going on at bathurst? sorry go OT :confused:
Old 28 Dec 2003, 07:13 (Ref:821688)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didnt take my digital camera with me today

Most of the glass fronted upper level of the pitlane is now gone, about half the pit garages are also gone from the pit exit back to the centre....

The 2 & 3 car garages behind the pitlane have mostly been ratted for doors, wall panels, anything that wasnt nailed down...

It still looked in serviceable condition, a real crime that the place is being destroyed when you think about how it came sooo close to sending the ARDC broke by building it
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Dec 2003, 08:07 (Ref:821698)   #60
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Quote:
I didnt take my digital camera with me today

Most of the glass fronted upper level of the pitlane is now gone, about half the pit garages are also gone from the pit exit back to the centre....

The 2 & 3 car garages behind the pitlane have mostly been ratted for doors, wall panels, anything that wasnt nailed down...

It still looked in serviceable condition, a real crime that the place is being destroyed when you think about how it came sooo close to sending the ARDC broke by building it
no worries GTR, if you get the opportunity to take some pics id be very interested in seeing them, id even send a bottle of you favourite plonk for your trouble If you get the chance to have a look at my little web site you will see why i want them. Once again sorry for being OT!
Old 28 Dec 2003, 08:23 (Ref:821702)   #61
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
<cough cough> And your little web site is?
Old 28 Dec 2003, 08:28 (Ref:821703)   #62
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Its on the profile RT....

Nice work there DannyG... The FPR workshop design looks impressively clean Just like the FPR truck.

I just happened to be in the vicinity of Bathurst so wanted to take a look how far they got. There are a few forumisti who live not far from there, perhaps they can update the pic situation..
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Dec 2003, 08:31 (Ref:821704)   #63
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Check your email
Forums rules are that you should not use the forum to promote your website, so i dont want to break any rules. Being way off topic in here is bad enough..............shame on me

Thanks GTR, bugger the workshop and trucks what about the cars :P

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"
Old 28 Dec 2003, 08:39 (Ref:821708)   #64
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The cars look great...! Top Work! The detail look very schmick

If only the people who decide the final livery design spent some time with someone that could show them how some options look from different angles, maybe they would pick a different way to go.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 Dec 2003, 09:15 (Ref:821718)   #65
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don;t think you need to worry about the odd mention of your own web site - after all - I often only place a portion of a media release here with a link back to mine for the full context.

As long as you aren't promoting it all the time I don;t think Mount and WRX will have a problem...
Old 28 Dec 2003, 09:43 (Ref:821728)   #66
DannyG
Racer

Australia
Quote:
The cars look great...! Top Work! The detail look very schmick

If only the people who decide the final livery design spent some time with someone that could show them how some options look from different angles, maybe they would pick a different way to go.
Thanks thats a great idea you have there, now if only i could get all the teams to think the same way

Quote:
Originally posted by RaceTime
I don;t think you need to worry about the odd mention of your own web site - after all - I often only place a portion of a media release here with a link back to mine for the full context.

As long as you aren't promoting it all the time I don;t think Mount and WRX will have a problem...
Ah ok, i tried to put it in my sig but im too silly to work out how, besides in bold letters next to the sig edit box it states "DO NOT USE SIGNATURE TO PROMOTE WEB SITES"!
Ill try this.................Touring Oz in 3D to test the waters so to speak

Sorry to the thread starter for taking it way off topic

"There is no substitute for cubic inches"