Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 24 Dec 2005, 09:38 (Ref:1489582)   #51
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'd like a blast at Bathurst . .the mountain is incredible. likewise my experience thus faris just a few laps at 35 mph . . .and that was speeding !!!
Old 24 Dec 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1489650)   #52
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Would'nt we all DavyBoy & Zef but the discussion was 'The Best UK Circuit' was'nt it? :-)
Old 24 Dec 2005, 18:11 (Ref:1489736)   #53
TEAM78
Racer

United Kingdom
TEAM78 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Id hafta say CASTLE COMBE, as the best UK circuit and best corner is Quarry corner thanks to Avon rise
Plus its one of the fastest circuits in the country
Old 24 Dec 2005, 19:18 (Ref:1489770)   #54
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
Would'nt we all DavyBoy & Zef but the discussion was 'The Best UK Circuit' was'nt it? :-)
You're right Al, but I guess being a fan of tree lined circuits I had to get Road America in there. On a strict UK basis I think Oulton Park is a brilliant one to drive... particularly the bits from Druids onwards. Some fabulous 'overall browning' bends there through the trees. On a 'British Isles' basis... my heart will always be at the Phoenix Park.

Now all I need is for Santa to bring me something from the 1970s with a DFV or BDA in the back to give those circuits a proper seeing to.
Old 30 Dec 2005, 14:06 (Ref:1491927)   #55
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Crossley
The full Cadwell park circuit is great. Mind you I race an MGB and they're only about 4 foot wide so the track seems huge for me

Here here!

I race in an even smaller formula - long circuit karting. The grin factor Cadwell wipes across one's face is incredible
Old 30 Dec 2005, 14:24 (Ref:1491941)   #56
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I dont mind Cadwell and because my cars are over 6ft wide once I am in the mountain section no one gets past:-)
Old 31 Dec 2005, 07:52 (Ref:1492345)   #57
Tony Crossley
Rookie

Tony Crossley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now there's an advantage I hadn't thought off!
Old 31 Dec 2005, 09:59 (Ref:1492369)   #58
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
I dont mind Cadwell and because my cars are over 6ft wide once I am in the mountain section no one gets past:-)

The Hairpin/Barn Corner must be a squeeze for you too Al. I find it tight enough myself.
Old 31 Dec 2005, 11:29 (Ref:1492414)   #59
Grahame West
Racer

Scotland
Fife
Grahame West should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me its got to be

Croft
Cadwell Park
Knockhill
Old 31 Dec 2005, 12:53 (Ref:1492438)   #60
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just rattle off the barriers Alex:-).

Actually I do find the blind entry up the mountain in my LHD cars a bit daunting because if there was someone stranded accross the track at the top I doubt if I could avoid them.

Funny I always seem to upset some official when I go up there, I don't know why? Last time I was there I lost a wheel in practice (I know don't tell me) and only did 2 laps so as there were 5 reserves I got slung to the back and although they let me out in the parade lap as no one fell off the buggers flagged me in much to the disappointment of the crowd I even argued a 20 or even 30 second penalty and start at the back but no they would not budge.

So I paid all my fees, towed all the way there and they never even gave me a refund dispite being able to charge the guy who took my place full whack. Can kinda put you off a bit!
Old 31 Dec 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1492580)   #61
Un0Turb0-WP
Rookie

Australia
Un0Turb0-WP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not in the UK but after watching some BTCC DVD's of the SuperTouring Cars,
I would have to say Croft, Brands Hatch (full) and Knockhill..
I love Brands just because how the cars come flying through Dingle Dell most of the time airborn, must be a awesome experience.
And then going through Paddock Hill Bend, The Camera doesnt do it justice and i can imagine it must be pretty hectic going through there at speed.

Knockhill I like also because of the various undulations and also through Glenvarigall corner when they launch off the kerbs..

Croft is awesome because of some of the fast sections which needs to be taken spot on otherwise you're off... Its awesome watching some of the onboard footage of the guys flying through the Chicane, esses and through sunny..

I would like one day to race around one of those 3 circuits just to experience it all.