Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 3 Jan 2009, 13:03 (Ref:2364475)   #51
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
When Jarno Trulli is on song, he is truly majestic to watch - one of the few drivers I could watch drive a car around a circuit all on his lonesome.
I completely agree.

He's an artist.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2364531)   #52
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF1 Fan
That was probably one of the most perfect qualifying laps ever, it looks scary when you watch it on youtube........
A brilliant piece of driving, just stunning...
Old 3 Jan 2009, 14:52 (Ref:2364536)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Just another top driver hampered by his machinery.

Since posting the original link there have been no other signs that Trulli is in danger of losing his drive.Probably a good thing for both himself,ourselves and Toyota.
Old 3 Jan 2009, 15:00 (Ref:2364541)   #54
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just re-watched that 2004 lap...staggering, simply staggering. If he can drive like that with a good car underneath him next year...
Old 4 Jan 2009, 11:59 (Ref:2364936)   #55
andybg40
Racer

England
Kent
andybg40 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tis a great lap. Just goes to show how even more amazing Senna was. Stick shift, 1200bhp, no TC. Well worth a watch too!
Old 4 Jan 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2365255)   #56
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't see why Trulli should be pushed out this time around. His 2008 wasn't all that bland, to be honest. I see the old "Jarno versus Ralf" has come up again; I don't think, personally, that Trulli was ever any better. But in 2008 he took the opportunity to deliver at times, and scored some good points. I was also suitably impressed by his driving in China 2007 when he battled Lewis Hamilton. 2009 could be a good year for him, but time is running out and Timo Glock will turn up the heat. I'm not sure I'll really miss him come the time he steps down.

And from a sentimental point of view, I would hate to see his legion of fans disappointed by his being fired - as my favourite driver is currently out of the reckoning, and it makes me cry a little every day...

Old 5 Jan 2009, 01:05 (Ref:2365341)   #57
fanfisique
Rookie

fanfisique has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
A brilliant piece of driving, just stunning...
Another brilliant Moment by Jarno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEgmSAUDQg0

Old 5 Jan 2009, 02:06 (Ref:2365355)   #58
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanfisique
Another brilliant Moment by Jarno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEgmSAUDQg0

Yes I watched that yesterday, Jarno Trulli is indeed a very talented driver..
Old 5 Jan 2009, 16:41 (Ref:2365705)   #59
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The problem is 'his days' have come too few and far between. There was a time at the start of 2004 when Trulli absolutely dominated Alonso that you thought he would kick on and do good things. Instead he was bizarrely replaced by Briatore and apart from a decent start to 2005 never looked at reaching the levels he did in 2004. But still I maintain that he did enough last year to keep his seat.
Old 8 Jan 2009, 21:12 (Ref:2367911)   #60
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Despite it being relatively early in Fernando´s career, it´s the fact that Jarno outperformed him that helps maintain my faith that he´s one of the ´best of the rest´.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 01:47 (Ref:2373147)   #61
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
The problem is 'his days' have come too few and far between. There was a time at the start of 2004 when Trulli absolutely dominated Alonso that you thought he would kick on and do good things. Instead he was bizarrely replaced by Briatore and apart from a decent start to 2005 never looked at reaching the levels he did in 2004. But still I maintain that he did enough last year to keep his seat.
I agree with that. 'Few and far between' is the best way to sum up Trulli's career. He has been absolutely GREAT and world class on occasion, quite obviously, yet on other occasions, has been dismal.

The notion of the 'Trulli Train' devised by the paddock does not come about for no reason. He has been slow and unaggresive in numerous Grand Prix (Magny Cours, 2004, last corner, was shocking).

Toyota principal Tadashi Yamashima has recently stated that his team have 'one of the BEST driver pairings in F1'. Yet i'm inclined to say that Ferrari with Raikkonen and Massa, Mclaren with Hamilton and Kovalainen, BMW with Kubica, Renault with Alonso, (Honda) with what was once Button and Barrichello, edge ahead of Toyota! By quite a margin too.
Old 17 Jan 2009, 01:53 (Ref:2373150)   #62
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Do not forget the car....It's so much about the car...
Old 17 Jan 2009, 02:07 (Ref:2373158)   #63
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by runshaw
Toyota principal Tadashi Yamashima has recently stated that his team have 'one of the BEST driver pairings in F1'. Yet i'm inclined to say that Ferrari with Raikkonen and Massa, Mclaren with Hamilton and Kovalainen, BMW with Kubica, Renault with Alonso, (Honda) with what was once Button and Barrichello, edge ahead of Toyota! By quite a margin too.
He said "ONE"... that can be behind any of those !
Old 17 Jan 2009, 02:09 (Ref:2373159)   #64
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
I haven't, at all. He's been the best at Toyota, quite obviously. But 2002, Renault and Button...? Alonso 2004? His class hasn't unfolded into championship winning material at all. If he had kept his head at Renault in 2004 and not been sacked for the last few races, he could have continued with them into 2005. And look what happened in 2005...
Old 17 Jan 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2373160)   #65
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
There was also nothing wrong with his car in France 2004! Maybe there was something wrong with his right foot though...
Old 17 Jan 2009, 13:35 (Ref:2373330)   #66
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
...or both !