Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 3 Aug 2013, 09:54 (Ref:3285327)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Isachsen believes he is able to win with the new car. He tested the new car at California Speedway and said that he was very happy with the test and that he was more optimistic than ever. He didn't know where he was standing towards other drivers but he knows the car is very good. He has also seen a map over the course and that fitted him and the car good, the course being slow. All this according too Motorposten
I see Sverre posted this article on Facebook...

http://www.bilnorge.no/artikkel.php?aid=41098

...which seems to say pretty much the same thing (according to Googlwe Translation anyway! )

Fingers crossed Sverre can get a decent result with the Subaru: I'd say he's picked the most compititive race in this years GRC calendar to do do it though!
Old 3 Aug 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3285345)   #52
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope he wins too. He is the best driver around really but hasn't had a car that's fully competitive towards the other cars. Now when he has a swedish built car (like the OMSE Fords, Darts, Marklunds Polos) I think he has proper chance of winning
Old 3 Aug 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3285374)   #53
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what time the ESPN stream is on in the UK?
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3285387)   #54
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Is there already more info on the car? For example does it use the same engine as the regular GRC Subaru's?
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3285393)   #55
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Does GRC race in the rain?
Old 3 Aug 2013, 15:20 (Ref:3285394)   #56
Kris Skyler
Rookie

Kris Skyler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distracted View Post
Does anyone know what time the ESPN stream is on in the UK?
Well if its 5pm Sunday LA time, that would mak eit 1am here ( i think that conversion). So seeing as it states its live XGames id have thought 1am
Old 3 Aug 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3285459)   #57
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Skyler View Post
Well if its 5pm Sunday LA time, that would mak eit 1am here ( i think that conversion). So seeing as it states its live XGames id have thought 1am
Thank you.
Old 3 Aug 2013, 23:29 (Ref:3285516)   #58
rallycrossnl
Racer

Netherlands
rallycrossnl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Does GRC race in the rain?
Yeah, mud kills rallycross
Rain dosn't stop rallycross in the .eu, perhaps delays the program slightly but that might be all.
Xgames brazil was rather influenced by the torrential rain there, the track was close to useless.
Rain did cancel GRC Xgames in Barcalona.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 11:21 (Ref:3285654)   #59
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
I just read that Tanner Foust won gold in the gymkhana grid event.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 14:17 (Ref:3285689)   #60
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When is the rallycross then? Is it streamed anywhere>?
Old 4 Aug 2013, 14:42 (Ref:3285697)   #61
Kris Skyler
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
When is the rallycross then? Is it streamed anywhere>?
Its not on the ESPN channel, but it is streamable from their XGames site. also there was a link posted earlier in the thread
Old 4 Aug 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3285794)   #62
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Skyler View Post
Its not on the ESPN channel, but it is streamable from their XGames site. also there was a link posted earlier in the thread
You do have to pay though- it's Ā£4 for 24 hours.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3285830)   #63
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Lol, pay for something that will be on youtube about 2 hours after it finishes! Unlikely
Old 4 Aug 2013, 20:38 (Ref:3285838)   #64
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Lol, pay for something that will be on youtube about 2 hours after it finishes! Unlikely
I'll admit, I did pay for the 24 hour pass this time. I'm going to contact ESPN for a refund though. It refused to play, despite trying a variety of computers and net connections. I feel a bit like I've been robbed.
Old 4 Aug 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3285861)   #65
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkurski should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is live stream: http://areena.yle.fi/tv/1989538/#/play
Old 4 Aug 2013, 23:31 (Ref:3285895)   #66
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Heikkinen got gold, Foust silver and Isachsen bronze. Joni Wiman won the lites. (I haven't seen the other placings.)

Heikkinen is on roll this year. Do you think anyone can beat him?
Old 4 Aug 2013, 23:46 (Ref:3285905)   #67
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That was an outstanding final! Looking forward to seeing them in Atlanta.
Toomas is too good this year. He didnt even have the hole shot and still got Gold. Doing the winners interview on top of the car was cool.
Old 5 Aug 2013, 08:57 (Ref:3286034)   #68
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Full coverage of the Supercars here:

http://youtu.be/f7eVkOptaJI
(Final is at 38:20)

Video is a bit glitchy, but the final is OK to watch.

Gymkhana Grid programme is here for anyone who is interested:

http://youtu.be/cRM4ZxyguJE
Old 5 Aug 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3286048)   #69
Janneman
Rookie

Netherlands
Janneman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The usual carnage in the first lap. After that the field was spread all over the track so no fights. Boring and much too long.

But again, nothing to do with rallycross...
Old 5 Aug 2013, 12:13 (Ref:3286100)   #70
USRallycross
Racer

United States
Minnesota (the True North)
USRallycross should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually thought the racing was pretty good yesterday and the Tanner/Timur race was great entertainment.

I am not a fan of Gymkhana Grid - not exactly racing is it?! However, having watched it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if GRC is dropped and Grid replaces it.

One thing ESPN wants is non-stop action and the gap in the races was way too long for live TV. Marklund having the audacity to get hurt was only more troubling for them. Rallycross costs a lot to put on and is unpredictable for timing. Grid is easy and very cheap to set up, uses the 'same' cars and is head to head so easy to understand. Fits X Games much better than rallycross.

In the old days MotoX was part of X Games but then became too boring so it got dropped.......hope it doesn't happen but that's a new wrinkle in the 2014 plans.

(No inside information just a thought)

Mark
Old 5 Aug 2013, 12:26 (Ref:3286103)   #71
GOLDFINGER
Racer

GOLDFINGER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How come Liams driving a Mini ?
Old 5 Aug 2013, 12:45 (Ref:3286114)   #72
Kris Skyler
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLDFINGER View Post
How come Liams driving a Mini ?
He's been driving it since Munich X Games. ProDrive are running the team. From what ive seen its hit and miss. Very good when it comes to dirt, pretty average other than that, but it is a new car so it'll get better
Old 5 Aug 2013, 14:28 (Ref:3286147)   #73
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
I've yet to watch the coverage of the racing, but I just spotted a comment on the Tanner Foust Facebook page...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner Foust Facebook
Bummer about the repeat 1st turn crash fest, too many cars in the final! We'll learn the lesson $1M at a time I guess!!!
...seems to be no shortage of vocal drivers when it comes to criticising the size of the grid in the finals: I wonder if someone at the GRC going to listen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by USRallycross
I am not a fan of Gymkhana Grid - not exactly racing is it?! However, having watched it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if GRC is dropped and Grid replaces it.
Thats another one to sit alongside the "is drifting motorsport?" debate, isn't it?! Gymkhana is effectively head-to-head autocross and, like you say, I see it being well suited to X-Games.

I went to Gymkhana Grid at Santa Pod last year and, aside from **** poor organisation, it was quite good fun to watch (plus its much easier for the layman to follow then drifting). Fair play to Block for continuing to push the series along, even if he does keep getting beaten at it!
Old 5 Aug 2013, 15:25 (Ref:3286162)   #74
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some race, chaos, but still a bit of battling. It's getting a bit better i think. No stupid jump too

Isachsen's new car was going fast, bummer he jumped on the start. Smart move though. Jumping the start and getting ahead of everyone and the chaos that is sure to happen. The "penalty box" is like hockey, there's no guarantee of it backfiring and you don't have to think twice when jumping, the problems will not affect you're too much
Old 5 Aug 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3286191)   #75
Kris Skyler
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Some race, chaos, but still a bit of battling. It's getting a bit better i think. No stupid jump too

Isachsen's new car was going fast, bummer he jumped on the start. Smart move though. Jumping the start and getting ahead of everyone and the chaos that is sure to happen. The "penalty box" is like hockey, there's no guarantee of it backfiring and you don't have to think twice when jumping, the problems will not affect you're too much
Yeah, getting ahead of the chaos for what is a tiny penalty is a bit strange, maybe have them actually wait rather than stop then go straight away