Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

View Poll Results: which points system would you prefer to be run?
20-15-12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1 + 1 for pp and fl 2 22.22%
15-12-9-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 + 1 for pp and fl 6 66.67%
keep the old system (f1 rules plus 1 point for pp and fl) 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8 Apr 2005, 18:53 (Ref:1273568)   #51
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not talking about relative spreads though. I'm talking about the gap.

10-6 the gap is 4. Too much IMO. 10-8 the gap is 2. Too small. A gap of 3 is what preferable for me then, which is provided in 15-12 (the fact the numbers are bigger only means the points extend further). 20-15 is a gap of 5, which on my scale would be 'way too much'
Old 9 Apr 2005, 13:03 (Ref:1273966)   #52
Gil Abobeleira
Veteran

Gil Abobeleira should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I'm not talking about relative spreads though. I'm talking about the gap.

10-6 the gap is 4. Too much IMO. 10-8 the gap is 2. Too small. A gap of 3 is what preferable for me then, which is provided in 15-12 (the fact the numbers are bigger only means the points extend further). 20-15 is a gap of 5, which on my scale would be 'way too much'

Sorry, but I completely disagree with you line of thought. If you say 3 points is the gap we should between 1st and 2nd, then if we gave 100 points for 1st place (Nascar ), 2nd place should be awarded 97 points....

For me, what matters is not 3,4,5 etc... points between 1st and 2nd, but having a percentual gap (25%) that rewards batling for 1st place, but having also a system that gives points to almost everybody (10 places).

Sorry for this "full of bullsh*t" argument with you, but I really like to defend my views in a discussion
Old 9 Apr 2005, 14:12 (Ref:1274008)   #53
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yes, but its the gap that's the important bit. If its too narrow, then it takes too long to fight back, if its too wide then the top drivers can get too far ahead. If you increase it as you're saying, then you just get a much wider spread of points in the drivers table, which is bad thing, it does nothing for close battles. After a few races we'll all be so spread out that it will be impossible for there to be a close title battle.

A percentage gap will just make the drivers tables that much further apart, and less interesting.

I would argue your system does the exact opposite of what you're aiming for.
Old 11 Apr 2005, 12:29 (Ref:1275442)   #54
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
I am no expert but I agree with Gil that the 20-15 and 10-7.5 point system will be the same. With 20 points for a win the gap will seem bigger but will be just as easy/hard to fight back in the two different systems...

P's 15-12 system would be a 10-8 system... (although with more people scoring lower down on the grid)

What sort of motorist are you... Smooth or Hairy

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 07:33 (Ref:1276044)   #55
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't mind either way. (I don't really expect to be fighting for too many wins this coming season....... )
Old 13 Apr 2005, 16:44 (Ref:1277299)   #56
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
OK guys.

10 tracks as follows (in no particular order for the time being, we're trying to decide on the best order given the car rules {i.e. we don't want people to have no real choice but to use the Honda at the last race meaning that they can't really use a car 3 times should they wish to}, and to not make the beginning of the season too tough).
  • Monza
  • Spa-Francorchamps
  • Goodwood
  • Adelaide '85
  • Cadwell Park
  • Mexico City
  • Snetterton '67
  • Albi
  • East London
  • Nurburgring
Addon tracks can be found at the track database

As for points, if no other alternatives are suggested then we may just have a poll between mine and gil's added to this thread (I haven't investigated whether or not this is possible yet, ayse may know being a more experienced mod )
Old 14 Apr 2005, 08:47 (Ref:1277831)   #57
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!Cougar has a real shot at the podium!
Looks good

If you have time could you give us a full list and vote count for all the tracks??

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 14 Apr 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1277841)   #58
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
I've sent it by PM cougar, its too big a list to clutter this thread up with
Old 22 Apr 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1284784)   #59
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just a little note to everyone. We are still here, we're just beavering away on the new rules for the new season. Watch this space.
Old 23 Apr 2005, 06:12 (Ref:1284884)   #60
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm watching too

Ciao Marco
Old 25 Apr 2005, 09:29 (Ref:1286674)   #61
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Dani... beware the Coogz! Ill eat your tires!!

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 15:26 (Ref:1290637)   #62
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just driven a race at Monza. Thje first time I've got behind the wheel since the last race of season 3. Felt very strange. But I was much quicker than I expected to be. Did a 28.3 in the Eagle, probably about my 3rd or 4th fastest Monza Eagle race lap!
Old 30 Apr 2005, 20:04 (Ref:1290713)   #63
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
That's good to hear Ayse

I have so say, Spud said its all going on behind the scenes, but he's been rather quiet since... I'm getting increasingly keen to get going...
Old 30 Apr 2005, 20:09 (Ref:1290721)   #64
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Spudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpudgun should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
I have so say, Spud said its all going on behind the scenes, but he's been rather quiet since... I'm getting increasingly keen to get going...
Sorry about that. This week has been mental! I'm having a couple of weeks off work so I'm preparing the place to be able to manage without me!

All we need to do is decide on the points system and the calendar order. We were talking about running a poll to decide between Gil's and P's point system. Are we able to do that?
Old 30 Apr 2005, 22:35 (Ref:1290797)   #65
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, I've worked out the poll bit, so vote away.
Closes in 5 days.

As for the calender, well, it doesn't really matter what order we go in so long as the first track and last tracks are relatively easy, for a easier start and finish to the season.
Old 30 Apr 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1290805)   #66
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Thanks p. When the poll closes and we know the points system I'll publish the rules.
Old 1 May 2005, 13:12 (Ref:1291063)   #67
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I opted for option 2, as option 1 would have the fastest guy run away with the title faster than a cheetah on speed!
Old 2 May 2005, 08:55 (Ref:1291388)   #68
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Just one more thing to sort out. Race night.

We've always raced on Tuesdays, but I know some people would rather another night.
I can do any night of the week really, but Wednesdays would be the most awkward, at least for the first couple of races. Its my worst 'homework night', but I'm only at school until the end of May (last year). So really I'm happy to fit in around everyone else.

Race time has been discussed before, and we've come to the conclusion plenty of times that 8pm GMT is best (sorry Gil).

All being well with this decided on, and the points system known, the season will begin in the week starting on Monday 16th May, on whatever day we decide to race on.
Old 2 May 2005, 09:42 (Ref:1291409)   #69
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Well I don't mind continuing to race on a Tuesday, but if people would prefer to change it the best alternative day for me would be a Thursday.
Old 2 May 2005, 10:25 (Ref:1291424)   #70
Cougar
Veteran

South Africa
London(ex RSA)
Personally I would like to stick to Tuesday Although I could get other days in.. Wednesdays would be a bit difficult as well ...

I'm definitely hairy.
Old 2 May 2005, 17:04 (Ref:1291553)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Personally, I'm not too fussed about the day - in fact, I'd support a shift to Wednesday or Thursday. Just as long as the race time doesn't change......
Old 2 May 2005, 17:43 (Ref:1291575)   #72
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As we're close to getting under way again, would it be worth putting an ad (thread) here....

http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=80
Old 2 May 2005, 18:55 (Ref:1291608)   #73
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Yeah, why not. I'll put a word in at the MZ too.
Better wait until we know what the calender dates are first however.
Old 2 May 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1291658)   #74
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys, gonna take the plunge and join in wit you guys this year - do you use VROC to join races?

Cheers,
David
Old 2 May 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1291694)   #75
Spudgun
Race Official
Veteran

England
Reading, UK
Yes, we do use VROC. Welcome aboard!