Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Aug 2012, 22:25 (Ref:3120001)   #51
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
Think we will see:
O'Donovan, McCann, Anson in Supercars
Hope so!
Old 15 Aug 2012, 14:48 (Ref:3120262)   #52
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Ford Fiesta in Supernational is that Turkisch silhouette car?
Old 15 Aug 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3120289)   #53
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
The Ford Fiesta in Supernational is that Turkisch silhouette car?
No that's Silver Bullets Mk3 (Star of Top Gear ) - the Turkish one is a Mk7
Old 15 Aug 2012, 16:29 (Ref:3120304)   #54
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Of course. Should think before typing.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 08:01 (Ref:3120588)   #55
silver bullet
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
No that's Silver Bullets Mk3 (Star of Top Gear )
You're only partly right there Bert, the old white one has finally been retired. I'll be in a different mkIII this time, probably the most unique (and most pre-owned) mkIII Fiesta in rallycross.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 08:40 (Ref:3120602)   #56
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How many classes!

Jesus this looks odd
Old 16 Aug 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3120620)   #57
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
How many classes!

Jesus this looks odd
Crazy isnt it. It could be signigicantly improved by bunging the hot hatch, super 1600 and Minis together, giving you a field of 17 and an A and B final. And I bet that there'd be good racing despite the mixture of cars.

The rest of the categories, i.e. supercar, supernational, Swifts, buggies, juniors, actually make sense.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 09:42 (Ref:3120631)   #58
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver bullet View Post
You're only partly right there Bert, the old white one has finally been retired. I'll be in a different mkIII this time, probably the most unique (and most pre-owned) mkIII Fiesta in rallycross.
Ooh - get you and your fancy upgrades Which one is it then? The Mitsubishi powered one? That's been around a bit. Actually is that a Mk3? Not sure. Your bonnet should stay shut this time as I won't be there to jinx it
Old 16 Aug 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3120654)   #59
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just sad that that many cars 56 would probably be Formula C and D in the good old days! I remember C finals in Formula B and C and then a B Final in A and Minis/Novas.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 11:47 (Ref:3120668)   #60
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is that the RWD drive one? The name Richard Moore springs to mind as having been the last owner of the car I'm thinking of. Did he get it from Jamie Lea?
Old 16 Aug 2012, 11:51 (Ref:3120672)   #61
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

The week after Lydden, Adny Scott will race in France i thought. Would be great if he added Lydden
Old 16 Aug 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3120722)   #62
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Is that the RWD drive one? The name Richard Moore springs to mind as having been the last owner of the car I'm thinking of. Did he get it from Jamie Lea?
That was the one I was thinking of too:
Attached Thumbnails
fezza.jpg  
Old 16 Aug 2012, 17:45 (Ref:3120783)   #63
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might not be there Bert But I will so Silver Bullet had better super glue that bonnet down.
I'll bring the choccie biscuits!!!!!!
Bert are you at Brands for the rally? If so good luck to you and Martin
Has anyone heard about Mad Mark?
I saw him at Jersy Farm in June just after he had a monster shunt in the Citroen at a demonstration event, but said he wanted to make Lydden.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 18:07 (Ref:3120786)   #64
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectator View Post
Bert are you at Brands for the rally? If so good luck to you and Martin
Yep, the gearbox is fixed so we're back for another go Gutted to be missing the rallycross but the choice was watch at Lydden or compete at Brands and there was only going to be one winner there!

I hope Mark does make it to Lydden, he seems to have been having more than his share of the bad luck recently. The supercar entry is looking good isn't it? There are some very quick cars in that list and they're mostly pretty new bits of kit.
Old 16 Aug 2012, 19:19 (Ref:3120810)   #65
A20 YBP
Rookie

England
York
A20 YBP should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Dave, Sent you PM.

Gary
Old 20 Aug 2012, 22:17 (Ref:3122314)   #66
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Updated entry now at 70 cars:
http://www.rct-entry.com/entries_BC_20120827.php

Plus Binks will be there, as will Priddy and Knowles in Super 1600.

Practice starts from 12.30 Sunday followed by 1st Heats.

A new jump has been built in top section of paddock for the FMX.

2nd Heats are from 9am Monday, followed by 3rd Heats and Finals.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 13:02 (Ref:3122522)   #67
rallyloverke
Racer

rallyloverke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also think Kevin Hansen will be there in the Junior Swift-class? At least he noted that on facebook a couple of days ago. Any idea when the finals will be run? Local time 16h00 ? or a little earlier? (for the ferry booking :-) )
Old 21 Aug 2012, 13:17 (Ref:3122524)   #68
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Nick Priddy is already down in the Swifts. Are you saying that actually his is of a higher spec than the standard Swifts?

Shame there's no Procter and Scott. Also, will Binks be in his Fiesta MK7?

Will be interesting to see Steve Hill in the RX150s
Old 21 Aug 2012, 13:25 (Ref:3122529)   #69
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Binks will be in a Swift according to Facebook. Agreed with regards to Procter and Scott (don't know what state Procter and his car are in after the barrel roll in Holland though?).

Good to see Steve Hill will be on track, even if its not in his Evo.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 13:34 (Ref:3122536)   #70
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Binks will be in a Swift according to Facebook. Agreed with regards to Procter and Scott (don't know what state Procter and his car are in after the barrel roll in Holland though?)
Broken collar bone apparantly, although the car is said to be not to bad and easily repairable.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3122543)   #71
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
Broken collar bone apparantly, although the car is said to be not to bad and easily repairable.
Not too bad then - for car or driver - given the incident itself. I had to replay the clips a couple of times as I couldn't believe a relatively mild tap caused the car to go over the way it did.

Probabaly of limited interest to everyone in this forum, but a pretty good line up of drivers for the drifting as well.
Old 21 Aug 2012, 15:12 (Ref:3122570)   #72
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Nick Priddy is already down in the Swifts. Are you saying that actually his is of a higher spec than the standard Swifts?

Will be interesting to see Steve Hill in the RX150s

Priddy is in the wrong class in the Swift. He now has an ex works Super 1600 Suzuki Swift, which has been a rally car before. Check out Nick Priddy's facebook page for pictures and also a video of the recent shake down at the rally day as Castle Combe. He will do all remaining BRC events in Super 1600 plus some events in ERC this year and next. Should give Andy Knowles a good run for his money, full works car.

Binks will be in one of the Hire Swifts.

Yes Hill is in the RX150 class, be good to see how he gets on with rwd.

Proctor broken collar bone from Holland looking at 6-8 weeks of no arm movement and then around 4/6 months with a plate in the collar bone whilst it heals. Wont be seen in action for a while.

Scott is concentrating on remaining ERC, GRC and Loheac FRC events so no British, although will do the GP.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 09:03 (Ref:3122891)   #73
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX
Proctor broken collar bone from Holland looking at 6-8 weeks of no arm movement and then around 4/6 months with a plate in the collar bone whilst it heals. Wont be seen in action for a while.
Damn, thats a shame for Procter as it rules out any more racing for him this year, doesn't it? Was hoping he'd be another contender at the GP.

In other news spectators shouldn't have any trouble spotting Doran Snr out on track this weekend...

...my eyes!
Old 22 Aug 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3122921)   #74
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
That's a real shame about Procter. After some great performances this year and such a likeable guy. Hope he heals well.

Looking forward to this weekend, despite former Boyzone singer, Shane Lynch, doing drifting... Oh dear.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 11:09 (Ref:3122938)   #75
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Looking forward to this weekend, despite former Boyzone singer, Shane Lynch, doing drifting... Oh dear.
Credit where its due, he's actually pretty handy in a drift car. Was hoping Dan Chapman would be there as his latest drift weapon is one of the best sounding cars I've heard in ages.

I see Steve Biagioni and Walton Smith are both going to be there, so I assume that means that Japspeed and Jap Performance Parts will be providing their cars. Even if you aren't a drifting fan the Japspeed and JPP cars are fantastic bits of engineering and well worth a look.