Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 20 Jul 2002, 09:30 (Ref:337958)   #51
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
POWER TOUR NEWS >>>
In news released today MPG CEO Paul French has announced that the 2002 has had to make several changes in front of a major overhaul midstream in the current season. " We have had to make some hard decisions and shed some dead weight in order to be able to make some positive changes for the good of the company and the categories involved" Mr French added that despite rampant rumours regarding the future of the tour reports that the company was folding are unfounded and filled with complete inaccuracies. A release is expected in the next 24 hours detailing the balance of the season 2002 and road forward for 2003.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 20 Jul 2002, 10:23 (Ref:337991)   #52
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel sorry for the competitors and the organising bodies for each individual series, how are they meant to organise sponsers, invite sponsers to tracks etc.... with all this going on, and to top it off in the middle of the year.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:24 (Ref:338038)   #53
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, there shooting themselves in the foot with all this stuffing around.
Old 20 Jul 2002, 12:37 (Ref:338064)   #54
petrolheader
Rookie

petrolheader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the "Future Tourers" have alrady jumped ship and signed on with PROCAR.
A fairly gutsy release from Paul French,but they have been silent far too long for anyone to have confidence in them,
Old 21 Jul 2002, 06:33 (Ref:338532)   #55
byatenth
Rookie

byatenth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the power tour are gone?

an anonoucement was to be made friday night regarding the future of the series.

i guest the buyer backed out. $200,000 Grand for a series that has debts after 3 rounds of $150,000 is a bad deal in my books.

The Mallala TV Won't happen because it hasn't been editied yet. and Queensland can't happen as there is apparently no footage from the event. all of the teams had to pay for the TV up front for Queensland. they would be pretty ****ed.

Future Tourers have jumped ship, and as a result they are off the power tour, the other dead weight is the super touers, they are off the tour because they are causing to many problems, according to paul french. "They apparently want there TV money back from Mallala and QLD as it hasn't been shown. a fair request in my books, i think the other categories should standup and demand there money back as well.

As a competitor i am sick of paying entry fees and TV money to promoters that do nothing for the teams. i know of several teams that have lost sponsors or are about to lose sponsors becuse of the way PT operate.

I say all the categories should stick together and sink the Power tour. the sooner these guys are gone the better it will be for all of us competitors.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 10:15 (Ref:338633)   #56
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by byatenth
the other dead weight is the super touers, they are off the tour because they are causing to many problems, according to paul french. "They apparently want there TV money back from Mallala and QLD as it hasn't been shown". a fair request in my books, i think the other categories should standup and demand there money back as well.
So Super Tourers are gone from the PT. can ASTEM confirm this?

If they are kicked off for requesting their money back for TV that isn't going to be shown, then i fear for the sanity of the PowerTour organisers, what kind of response were they expecting.

Also welcome byatenth

Last edited by racer69; 21 Jul 2002 at 10:17.
Old 21 Jul 2002, 10:41 (Ref:338662)   #57
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon the V8 stockcars was the best racing id seen in a long time even if it was dominated by 1 guy. Go Andrew
Old 21 Jul 2002, 10:47 (Ref:338670)   #58
Jake
Rookie

Jake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I believe the individual class' are going to run the remaining events on there own. Maybe share the promoting with the tracks? If P.T can get their acts together good, but if they can't all these cars and trucks are not going to sit around all year doing nothing.
Old 22 Jul 2002, 13:15 (Ref:339619)   #59
petrolheader
Rookie

petrolheader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the latest news on the power tour situation go to www.thepowertour.com.au Apparently they are negotiating with 3 buyers to have it sold by Friday.
I,m not sure they will have anything left to sell by FRIDAY,what with the future tourers already jumping ship and going with PROCAR.
Still for the sake of Motorsport it would be nice to see them solve their problems.
I,m not sure about their solvency statement.They owe a s**tload of money around the nation.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 01:23 (Ref:340245)   #60
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi toolman,good to see you again.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 03:16 (Ref:340275)   #61
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well the Channel Ten Coverage of Mallala Didn't happen last night.

As every day passes the power tours credibility fades.

PETROLHEADER: i think they are very insolvent. if they had the money. the TV would be on.

lets face it, when you try and sell you car, you wash and polish it, put adds in the paper etc. Power tours profile with the general public depends on the TV in my opinion.

As long as the TV dosn't happen the value of the PT drops, not to mention the fact that the next race isn't until the end of september.
Old 23 Jul 2002, 10:08 (Ref:340458)   #62
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by sevi
Hi toolman,good to see you again.

Sevi,

You already know me anyway. Think about the Handle.

See you on Email.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 00:07 (Ref:342084)   #63
ASTEM
Rookie

Australia
Australia
ASTEM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ASTEM is pleased to announce that yesterday agreement was reached with the Track Management of Wakefield Park for the Super Tourers to complete on the September 29th event planned and being promoted by the track.

ASTEM has taken the lead in trying to secure the future of the remaining events for all the Categories that were on the Power Tour and since Queensland have had many discussions with all the Track Management and has been putting in place the necessary work to secure dates and arrange category support for the tracks.

Discussions with both Winton and Oran Park are currently underway and ASTEM is confident that these events will run on the scheduled date and that Super Touring will be a major part of the track promoted events.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 00:10 (Ref:342090)   #64
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seeig as this is posted to multiple threads - which Oran Park date are you talking about? OP have confirmed that the November date is not being promoted by them and is available for anyone to hire - so who is promoting the weekend?
Old 25 Jul 2002, 00:18 (Ref:342092)   #65
ASTEM
Rookie

Australia
Australia
ASTEM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are currently negotiating with oran park about the original date of November 23rd
Old 25 Jul 2002, 06:39 (Ref:342172)   #66
Onlooker
Veteran

ASTEM
what the hell do you have to promote.
Super tourers are like a horse that has been flogged to death and had the farcical situation of "begging" drivers to compete
Stockcars have but 8 cars and spread out fields
"Future Tourers" had no future anyway and whilst not your problem will be ditched by Procar as soon as they wake up
Commodore Cup has now become the haves and the have nots class as self seving owner/drivers rally to allow more and more freedoms into the class including Data Logging, Sequentuial boxes and a range of performance measures that have alianated many racers to the point where a few race and the rest circulate.
Mostly the racing is **** and the crowds stay away in there droves so good luck but hey I think you will be in the same situation next year if it takes that long.Do you have a TV package or is that no longer a priority due to the lack of sponsered cars now competeing that don't have a common CEO and driver???????

Last edited by Onlooker; 25 Jul 2002 at 06:41.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 25 Jul 2002, 07:07 (Ref:342189)   #67
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
I think possibly a bit harsh there, there is nothing wrong with more motorsport, plus at least they are trying to get something going, not just giving up.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 07:19 (Ref:342195)   #68
wishbone
Racer

wishbone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Onlooker.

Think about this, what life is there after AVESCO?

if all of the categories give up as you are suggesting then what else will be there for you to watch. and when there are only V8s or Procar and they charge you $50 to see a couple of races, don't complain about it.

I think we should all get behind ASTEM and the other categorys, good on to them for trying to support there teams and the circuits.

Do you really think cams will allow Commodore cup to have sequential boxs and dataloggers, won't they then become future tourers or V8 super cars just with a differnt shell? i can really see AVESO allowing that to happen.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 07:30 (Ref:342196)   #69
Jake
Rookie

Onlooker, before you shoot your mouth off maybe you should do some research. The leading Series leading Comm-Cup car of Dagostin does NOT have Motec, Data Logging or a sequentual shifter. As a matter of fact it is the oldest car in the feild and its engine cost around half of what some of the teams have spent.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:21 (Ref:342225)   #70
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by wishbone
Onlooker.

Do you really think cams will allow Commodore cup to have sequential boxs and dataloggers, won't they then become future tourers or V8 super cars just with a differnt shell? i can really see AVESO allowing that to happen.
Read it and weep "almost all the top cars have data logging (count the lap top's and becon's next time they run)Data logging got the nod when a prominate runner turned up with a STACK dash and was allowed to run and it has snow balled from there.Degostin may not have a Dash and what a shame he has to get data from the other car in his team oh the injustice of it.

The Axent car has a sequentual box,most of the top 5 have big axles and puck clutches.One spent 50k alone on R&D in the engine dept not building R&D so where does that leave the guy that started racing in the beginning as an alternative to HQ's.Up the well known creek with nothing but a barb wire canoe.
You can even run a "spare car" and swap during the event if you blow up or crash out(not permitted in V8SUPERCAR as there budgets are not large enough Ha)
It is out of control if you think of how it started out.

Maybe I am wrong are these facts all un true????????

I am merely questioning the ability of anyone to slap a band aid on this without a TV deal etc that has already been paid for once???????

Last edited by Onlooker; 25 Jul 2002 at 08:25.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:28 (Ref:342233)   #71
Jake
Rookie

Onlooker
Dagostin can't get the information from his team-mate because he does'nt have it either. Neither car has big axles or button clutches. What you don't understand is you don't have to spend big money if you don't want to. Some teams just like their toys.

Last edited by Jake; 25 Jul 2002 at 08:32.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:34 (Ref:342242)   #72
Onlooker
Veteran

So niether of those cars have any form of digital dash?I stand corrected if this is the case and will check if they race at the Vic Champs this weekend.
What about spare cars ???

Last edited by Onlooker; 25 Jul 2002 at 08:35.

Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:37 (Ref:342243)   #73
RaceTime
Veteran

RaceTime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
count the lap top's and becon's next time they run
Beacons by themselves do NOT constitute ANY form of data logging - all they usually indicate is that the car has an on board lap timer of some type.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 08:42 (Ref:342254)   #74
Jake
Rookie

Onlooker.
Make sure you come and see me and I will explain how simple these cars can be.
Glenn Gittus
Tean Strathfield

Last edited by Jake; 25 Jul 2002 at 08:43.
Old 25 Jul 2002, 09:56 (Ref:342284)   #75
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've seen the Axent cars, and can tell you they DONT have sequential boxes....